Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #61
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
It appears not. They had a news segment showing a woman getting a ticket and the camera zooming in on the mobile sitting in the console coin depression . The gyst I got was she had been talking on the in car bluetooth .... she was exasperated to say the least.

Under 25 yearold P1 platers can't use a mobile period and passengers can't use the loudspeaker functions either.

So while you are not allowed to hold the phone at all while driving, you can't pull over dial a friend, start talking on bluetooth, drive on, because at some point you will probably push a button to end the the call and that isn't allowed either.

most phones have voice activation now......mine has it...

so you can play with your radio, air con, power windows etc but not press a button on your phone.

this is getting ridiculous.
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #62
Wally
XP Coupe

Or press the answer and end button on the steering wheel. Good if you have a newer vehicle, a hassle if you don't.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #63
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most head sets have an answer/end button too....

Old 08-12-2009, 03:11 AM   #64
bluestreak
Atmo-6 CruiseMissilePilot

Location: Beechboro WA or in a deep dark hole in the desert...

All the road rules in the world won't make a difference if there's no cops on the road to catch people.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to drive with headphones in (ie ipods, walkmans etc), and I know it's illegal to text while driving, yet sure enough, on the drive to pick up the kids from school I was stuck behind a tool weaving all over the road texting while listening to his ipod.

Sadly, this is why we have to make laws for everything - common sense doesn't seem to work any more and I'm hearing "there's no law against it" more often.

These are the fools these laws are aimed at, but it's unlikely he'll get caught till after he hits something.

Cheers

:

Mildly modified BF XR6 (Mine - for now)
Luxurious BFII Fairmont Ghia (Hers)
4x4 PX XLT Ranger (As soon as it gets here!!)

Ladies - if a man says he'll do a job, he will do it. There's no need to hassle him about it every six months or so...
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post