Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #61
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 6-8 Cylinder Car Rego QLD !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
I've heard this before but always thought that on private property you were fine.
It seems that most kids on Farms could be booked for driving the paddock basher to the gate for the school bus!!

On private property you can drive/ride a unregistered vehicle, but for me to be able to claim with the TAC, I had to go to the police station and make a report, the police gave me a fine after I made the report. The police did give me an option to make the report or not, if no report lodged then I would not cop the fine, but the TAC would not complete the claim without a police report. So to cover my medical bills and stuff I made a police report and got the fines.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #62
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
On private property you can drive/ride a unregistered vehicle, but for me to be able to claim with the TAC, I had to go to the police station and make a report, the police gave me a fine after I made the report. The police did give me an option to make the report or not, if no report lodged then I would not cop the fine, but the TAC would not complete the claim without a police report. So to cover my medical bills and stuff I made a police report and got the fines.
Oh boy. Sounds like a lot of bureaucratic red tape to me.

I'd like to add more but it would be going way off topic.
Old 26-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #63
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

We (The parents & I) drove up to Hervey Bay and Bundaberg (and back) last week, couldn't believe how bad the roads were. Between road works, 80 & 90 zones and just how bad the road was in general. And its supposed to be Highway Number 1. Makes the Pacfic Highway look like an Autobahn in comparison.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #64
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
Has anyone been injured by an unrego'd driver?
What happens with regard to medical bills?
Well, as the woman who destroyed my mates 916 Ducati and jammed him under the front of the car, breaking his hip; "Good luck getting any money out of me"...unregistered car, she had no licence, and no insurance of course. I believe his insurance company had to pursue her through the courts, but if the person has no money...
I think "medical bills" will only be a problem in places where you don't have free base hospital and rely on private medical care. In Queensland we all pay (through our power bills) for ambulance cover, and they will take you to the local public hospital as a default. I went through the whole system and had a knee operation and paid nothing.

At least if you have full comprehensive insurance you know your vehicle will be fixed, and it's up to the company to try and get thier money back from the other guy, so it doesn't really matter if he's uninsured.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #65
Thornie
Off smelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
We (The parents & I) drove up to Hervey Bay and Bundaberg (and back) last week, couldn't believe how bad the roads were. Between road works, 80 & 90 zones and just how bad the road was in general. And its supposed to be Highway Number 1. Makes the Pacfic Highway look like an Autobahn in comparison.

Try betwen rockhampton and mackay it's worse.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #66
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Not saying the roads are brilliant at the best of times, but they have recently had a bit of water around. And one thing that Queensland roads do well, is blister after rain and sun. A couple of cars later and the bitumen is gone leaving a hole to make said potholes in the next downpour.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #67
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl
I think they should lower rego a bit, and have annual RWC likw NSW. Would keep the junkers off the road, stimulate the economy with spare parts as old cars head to the wreckers, raise second hand and new car sales, give mechanics more work, raise new spare parts sales, and help the metal recyclers as the really crap cars can still fetch more money than a wrecker will give you if you take it there.
That doesnt really seem to work where I am. Half the cars in my town are registered in QLD and the rest are on NSW rego ( I am just over the QLD/NSW Boarder on the NSW side) and the state of alot of the NSW rego'd cars is shocking. There are plenty of cars with QLD rego that look dodgy as well but they would just keep paying there rego when it due and never get checked but the NSW system has to be flawed when so many cars are so bad. I personally know of about 15 NSW rego'd cars in town that a: are even registered or b: are not roadworthy and I dont mean for little things either
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #68
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 836Falcon
That doesnt really seem to work where I am. Half the cars in my town are registered in QLD and the rest are on NSW rego ( I am just over the QLD/NSW Boarder on the NSW side) and the state of alot of the NSW rego'd cars is shocking. There are plenty of cars with QLD rego that look dodgy as well but they would just keep paying there rego when it due and never get checked but the NSW system has to be flawed when so many cars are so bad. I personally know of about 15 NSW rego'd cars in town that a: are even registered or b: are not roadworthy and I dont mean for little things either
There is always the possibility of people getting dodgy RWC's done. I know I can get one here for $100 no problems.

If I see dangerous anroadworthy cars I actually do something about it by passing on the vehicles details to the relevant authority.

Its for everyones safety, including those who use that vehicle.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #69
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There is always the possibility of people getting dodgy RWC's done. I know I can get one here for $100 no problems.

If I see dangerous anroadworthy cars I actually do something about it by passing on the vehicles details to the relevant authority.

Does that actually work, because I have been told by friends who work in the police and RTA, that they can not do anything about these complaints.

The road in Melbourne have become really bad over the last 5 years or so. Just seems like they keep filling the pot holes instead of repairing the road, just seems like our rego money is not fixing Melbournes roads'.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #70
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Yes but if older cars were more expensive there would be a scream from the rsl club, poker machine, alcohol and tobacco industries that their income from dole cheque recipients is being eroded......
And from people like me that CHOOSE to drive an older car,as well not being able to afford a "new" car that'd i'd WANT to drive any way.
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #71
SteveJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Not saying the roads are brilliant at the best of times, but they have recently had a bit of water around. And one thing that Queensland roads do well, is blister after rain and sun. A couple of cars later and the bitumen is gone leaving a hole to make said potholes in the next downpour.
That just means they've been badly designed and built.
Old 26-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #72
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by noosacuda
And from people like me that CHOOSE to drive an older car,as well not being able to afford a "new" car that'd i'd WANT to drive any way.
I CHOSE to hunt with a M16A1 rifle for almost 10 years but apparantly that is not what others think is in the best interest of Australia so now I can't do it anymore. I never did anything wrong but have to wear the consequences of someone else's actions. Something about potential risk of these things mixing with the public.

But that aside if old cars were not about, new, safe, economical, low carbon footprint, fast, well handling cars would be much much cheaper.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #73
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

Quote:

9 times out of 10 thats a waste of time. The police go on about having road worthy vehicle but they cant be bothered doing anything about it because they are to busy chasing people with mag wheels and body kits because they are instantly labled as 'hoon's' and in a rural area good luck getting the cops to do a single thing to do with anything traffic related.

I would gladly pay a little more for rego if I was seeing an improvement in the conditions of the roads. Where I am is actually safer, smoother and much nicer to use the private foresty roads. In the last month alone I know of 4 cars from the primary school that have had tire/ wheel damage from the condition of the roads and bare in mine this is a school made up of 9 families and 3 of the vehicles where 4x4's (2x 100 series landcruiser and 1 current model prado)

Factory v8 with turbonetics 67mm turbo, haltech ecu, aeromotive and raceworks fuel system, cobra intake and a few custom bits thrown in
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #74
SteveJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
But that aside if old cars were not about, new, safe, economical, low carbon footprint, fast, well handling cars would be much much cheaper.....
Which could be brought about by:
a) Basing registration costs on emissions (I think they do that in the UK?)
b) Basing registration costs on the age of the vehicle. For every year over (10?) years old, the cost of registration increases by [insert % or fixed value].
Old 26-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #75
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
Just for comparison 6 cylinders

Date of registration 26/05/2011
Quote type Registration renewal
Include CTP insurance in quote Yes
Vehicle type Passenger car
Purpose of use Private
Type of engine Cylinders
Number of cylinders/rotors 6
Concession category No Concession
Pay term 12 Months
CTP insurance class Cars and station wagons
Input tax credits entitlement (ITCE) No
CTP insurer RACQ
Registration fee 428.05
Traffic improvement fee 47.15
CTP insurance premium 313.00
========
Total fee ($) 788.20
========
Don't know what you are worrying about.

Sydney
Private, G6ET with no concessions.

Rego $442
CTP $459.95

Total $901.95

Private Hyundai Excel weighs in at a hefty 1000kgs.
last year traveled 3190ks

Rego $ 265.48
CTP $ 469.22

Total $ 734.70

It always makes me laugh that people from Qld are always whinging about the price of rego.

Your prices are just starting to catch up with the rest of the country. An easy way around it is not to drive.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #76
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Which could be brought about by:
a) Basing registration costs on emissions (I think they do that in the UK?)
b) Basing registration costs on the age of the vehicle. For every year over (10?) years old, the cost of registration increases by [insert % or fixed value].
As it is in other parts of the world, but definitately not popular here.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #77
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

That's what you get, last year they announced the increase all over the place & you whinged and wined moaned & groaned.
Soooo, this year they announced the increase hidden in a bunch of other clap trap.........
Anna's gone for sure this time...... the $82 Bil debt she run up is still here though...

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #78
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
Anna's gone for sure
Where have I heard that before??? Oh yea, everyone was saying it at the last election

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #79
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Angry Re: 6-8 Cylinder Car Rego QLD !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Spot on mate .. i run my 18"s at 32psi now since the Nolethane bushes went in, i was having a whinge about the roads just yesterday but no-one forced me to turn my comfortable ride into a race car.

Getting bloody sick of the rear view mirror rattle though !!

Thanks to Centrelink i got my 6 months rego paid $408....
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #80
Supercharged

Down in tassie Aug last year, Turbo ute $565.55 all up
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #81
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I reckon they should base it on carbon emissions, the lower the emissions the lower the cost you pay for rego like the UK.

Only joking
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #82
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
Does that actually work, because I have been told by friends who work in the police and RTA, that they can not do anything about these complaints.

The road in Melbourne have become really bad over the last 5 years or so. Just seems like they keep filling the pot holes instead of repairing the road, just seems like our rego money is not fixing Melbournes roads'.
Thats just crap useles police then, since its them who issues defects
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #83
Big Bird 17

The woman who served me at the DMT last year told me they increase the rego prices every july.
Old 27-05-2011, 12:18 AM   #84
SteveJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace
Spot on mate .. i run my 18"s at 32psi now since the Nolethane bushes went in, i was having a whinge about the roads just yesterday but no-one forced me to turn my comfortable ride into a race car.

Getting bloody sick of the rear view mirror rattle though !!

Thanks to Centrelink i got my 6 months rego paid $408....
Nope, the roads up there are just crap.

We were in a boring old Mondeo TDCI, so not exactly something with super stiff suspension. And it wasnt just the quality of the roads, but also the low speed limits and constant roadworks. Why not build the roads properly the first time? You can't honestly tell me most of the Bruce Highway was underwater in January?
Old 27-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #85
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rego cost me $1000 this year for a 4 cylinder.
******* rip.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #86
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks like wa is still one of the cheapest, they don't have an actual calculator on their website, but this is how it's calculated here. you'll have to scroll to the correct sections http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...aminations.pdf

i can't believe it costs almost $1k to register a falcon in queensland, that's just mind boggling. it also seems strange to me that you have to get ctp insurance separately to your rego, here it's all included in the rego cost and ctp is only a couple of hundred.

rego for my au 6 cyl is around $580 a year...
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 02:54 AM   #87
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That just means they've been badly designed and built.
Exactly...which is why, come new tyre time, we are replacing the 19" wheels on our G6E with 17's or maybe 18's...I already know two people who have buggered 19" Ford wheels (two on a Turbo XR6 and one on a G6ET) on Highway One...I'm sick of being paranoid and staring intently looking for the masses of potholes that infest our highway up here.

Back to the original...how can the government even get away with such increases? They hammer any other business that raises thier prices more than the CPI each year...apparently if it's part of the government, it's OK...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #88
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

just paid the rego for my 6cyl BA ute a couple of days ago.

CTP insurance = $ 348.00
rego fee = $ 428.05
traffic improvement fee = $ 47.15
---------
TOTAL = $ 823.20
-----------

rego for a 7`x4` box trailer = $ 85.20.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as for the condition of the roads , well.

i think tha a part of the excuse could be the kind of gravell that is available in large areas of qld is not good for road building, how ever there is also a LOT of badly designed roads that dont have any drainage, are too narrow and need raising up out of the low flood prone flats. and the top seal is done to thin and just falls apart.
there is a stretch of highway just on the edge of town here that breaks up everytime it rains. they must have spent $ millions patching it only to be the same next day, just before last christmas they laid a few areas of hot mix seal instead of just spraying the tar down and throwing a few pebbles on top, the hot mix is still good but they would have been back a dozen times or more "fixing" the patches in between instead of just hot mixing the whole corner.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250

Last edited by dave351cid; 27-05-2011 at 08:16 PM.
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #89
Paxton
Cobblers!

Traffic Improvement Fee? Sorry, but What the ****?

In NSW, I believe rego is based on your Vehicle's weight. Therefore, if your car is light, it costs less to register than a heavier car. My BF is marginally dearer than my EF to register per year, but that difference is made up in fuel costs.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #90
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

in qld the CTP insurance is a fixed price so it dosnt really matter which company you use the price will be the same give or take a dollar or two.
i dont think there is any difference in where you live either .
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post