Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #61
lostdude

^^
Old 05-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #62
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Meh, - a link for you old people, like me....
http://www.newsday.com:80/news/opini...,1036393.blurb
AARRGGHH! I can remember that song when it first came out!! (Born to be Wild?)

Cute clip though
Old 05-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #63
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Jacky Dalton, manager of Trent Driving Schools in southern Sydney, said she was surprised at how hard the police had come down on Mr Ossington.

"If there was no other traffic, and he wasn't causing a dangerous situation, a caution would have been sufficient," Mrs Dalton said.
Great to see that the manager of a driving school know the road rules _ Good to see that they will probably be passing this great knowledge onto their students _
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 10:39 PM   #64
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

That's a job well done. Fined for inappropriate speed as opposed to speeding.

It'd be good to see more of that action on the M5 which is also notorious for this sort of thing as well, as many Sydney drivers here can attest to.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #65
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its funny how when you drive around these days you see more and more learner drivers driving in the right lanes, and staying there, very strange, as when i was taught, it was keep left, unless necessary to go in the right lane...

Ive also noticed lots of P platers doing the same thing, driving slow in the right lane, all roads not just freeways.

Last edited by philstoj; 05-04-2008 at 11:00 PM.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 11:04 PM   #66
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being a P-Plater, the rule, "Keep left unless overtaking or turning right" should be fresh in his mind.

Don't feel sorry for this fella.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #67
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

iam right with you lost dude ! the other day i was coming home from brisbane and the same thing happend to me ! howevery everytime i past him mind you i was sitting on an illagal limit the prik speed up every time i over took him then i put my foot down a little more and past him then i sat on the legal limit then he past me again then he slowed down to about 90 in a 110 km zone i just planted my foot and i got away from him ! but you would never guess what he was driving and i thought you typical driver !!
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:37 AM   #68
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
The police should have suspended his licence and crushed his car on the spot.

Being a truck driver and dealing with this day in and day out, it drives me bonkers and have seen so many people nabbed for: " " " doing the right thing " " " .
Yeh, because trucks never do that do they?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:39 AM   #69
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Very valid point.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #70
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
"Doing the right thing"?

Not if I can help it...thats no fun
Old 06-04-2008, 01:35 AM   #71
Feral Ford
FeralFordFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdude
i also hate those idiots who drive 100 in 110 zone in the left lane, but when you go to over take them they decide that they don't like it and speed up and just stay next to you all the way till about 120, then as i don't like to stay on the right lane when i'm not over taking i usually either drop back when theres no cars behind me or hit about 130 to get infront of them.

i don't want to race you I JUST Want to GET HOME within the speed limit but NOT DRIVE like a brainless pickle....
This is the biggest issue for me, I don’t know If some people are jealous of the cars I drive or are just complete a##holes to people who drive the cars I do.
Since buying my “bright yellow V8 with the in your face front end” I have encountered so many, many more of these people than I ever have in all my previous years of driving who see me coming up behind will drop back or speed up to stay in front of me or block me in,

I also have a Toyota landcruiser as my work car and this gets the same sort of attention from these sort of d--kwits.

The other day on the way home from work a bloke was doing about 85 or 90 along roe highway in the RHS, (posted 100), as I was coming up in the LHS this idiot sped up to the next car & matched speed with it, when the car in front of me turned off the pr--k in the right took off again until he got alongside another person, (a few occasions the people in the LHS in front of me would be doing less than 80, (but that’s their prerogative & at least they were in the left lane. In these occasion this idiot would speed off until he matched a car doing the speed he wanted, still 10 to 15 kmph under the limit.

Anyway this went on from the roe / Tonkin interchange until the great eastern bypass turnoff, on 1 of the occasions when he took off to catch up with the next car where he would slow down again I matched his speed, (I’m in a diesel landcruiser and was left far behind but he was speeding up to about 130 just to keep in front of me & when he would catch up to another car doing 80 to 90 he would slow down & match speeds with them.

Now I was not doing anything silly, (I was in a work car with sign work on the sides & I don’t want anyone phoning my boss & complaining about my driving), but I did want to drive AT the speed limit & get home.

As we were getting to the exit at Clayton St I was going to go to my folks, I indicated left, this idiot saw I was turning off so forgot about me, anyway I remembered I had a video on me to drop off at the store around the next corner so I turned the indicator off & drove to the corner at Great eastern highway, in doing this I drove pass this idiot who was still idling along in the right hand lane.
All of a sudden this idiot pulled in to LHS behind me and started flashing his lights at me.
I pulled up to turn left at the intersection and this idiot pulled up behind me honking his horn & still flashing his lights.
This was starting to get me mad and I was about to jump out & have a chat with him, but common sense took over so I drove off, the video store was only a corner up, (now a bit of the common sense had worn off), as I pulled up I did so slowly and gave the bloke a good stare as if to say COME ON, if he wanted he could of pulled up with me to explain his reasons for not liking landcruiser drivers. But sadly no instead he took off. :

It’s times like this I wish driving in Australia was really like the Mad Max films as I would have smashed the f#%&@ idiot off the road with the big steel bull bar on the front of the landcruiser.

:

PS. this happens often in the XR8 & landcruiser but it never happens if I happen to be driving my old work townace van or one of the utes & it rearly occurs when Im driving the LTD :

1995 LTD 5ltr Windsor

1968 XT Fairmont 351 Cleveland

Beer, so much more than just a breakfast drink
Feral Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 01:57 AM   #72
lostdude

^^ i can tell how ****ed you are, thats a long rant lol.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:07 AM   #73
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I actually keep the right indicator on all the time in the Mini when in the right lane. I am not there often given it is the Mrs' 1.6 CVT and all! I get right back over in the left as soon as I am done.

Used to have 4x 1M candlepower Lightforce's bolted to the front of my EF (that's 4M candlepower). After 5 secs, if a right lane hog (not overtaking) didn't move left they copped mega watts of light in their rear view- not to mention the next town as well! Never tailgated though!

Gotta say though that the National 31 regulars (Hume Hwy) were pretty well behaved! - even the B-doubles!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:32 AM   #74
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdude
what a hoon....

but my biggest greatest hatest hate of all time is idiots who can't judge a gap and pull out from the left into the right lane , then i have slam my brakes on just so i don't help them along. this is on the m5.
That's something I hate the most as well, I dunno how people with such poor judgment get their licance.

The day I picked up my jag I was comming home on a 2 lane wide 70 zone, there was a road to the left entering at 90 degrees connected by a slip lane. I see this VW absolutly hammering down the road, well fast enough to make it into the road I was on before I got past the slip lane.

Anyway this person in the vw suddenly panicks and slams the brakes on and stops right in my lane, basicicly 90 degrees across the road, I have to brake relitivly hard, p1ssed off I was I flashed my lights then once their 5 second hesitation was over I sat half a meter away from em flashing my lights and holding my horn down in this big 2 ton jaguar.

I can honestly say I've never seen anyone crap them selfs as much as that person did.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #75
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK5766
Cop was on a power trip probably sick and tired of other P platers doing wrong things and took it out on this poor chap.

Alot of you that have replied negative things toward this fella need a a few head slaps.

I know the road well, and lets not forget the posted speed limit of 90 is the maximum, does not mean you should always stick at it. Espeacially on double demerits weekend.

I wish him all the best when he fights it.
:your joking right?.
go read your rule book again. he was creating a dangerous situation by his actions, not being cautious
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #76
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A bloke I used to work with was like that but he drove a truck. It annoyed the hell out of me when I got stuck behind him.

People that do it should be fined. Maybe it'll encourage then to stick left of multilaned roads and keep close to the speed limit on single lane roads.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post