Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #61
jixel 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
I can see it with the VZ/BA comparison but with the VE you must be kidding!

It is the opposite of mean, the lights are so narrow they almost look beetle like.
VE's are wimpy wimpy cars.
Hahaha. VE would have to be the most muscular shaped Holden since the VK. I reckon that would indicate `meanness`. I havent got one, but when I see a silver VE SS I think I`d like to have one. Especially with the black stripes. Yeeow. I dont give a toss about control blades or Boss junk. They look fat as in my book.
jixel 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #62
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jixel 78
Hahaha. VE would have to be the most muscular shaped Holden since the VK. I reckon that would indicate `meanness`. I havent got one, but when I see a silver VE SS I think I`d like to have one. Especially with the black stripes. Yeeow. I dont give a toss about control blades or Boss junk. They look fat as in my book.
Except for the fact that the paint on the rear bumper never matches the body :P

I think the FPV's need a different bodykit to set them aside from each other. I know it comes down to cost etc but if I were buying a GT I would want people to recognise it before it gets close enough to see the badge
Old 23-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #63
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i_SiX

I think the FPV's need a different bodykit to set them aside from each other. I know it comes down to cost etc but if I were buying a GT I would want people to recognise it before it gets close enough to see the badge

Why does it matter if people can reconise your car or not? I believe people dont give a damn what you drive, they should only be interested in the car they own and drive.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #64
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

While I do like the VE styling and wouldn't mind owning one, after seeing a black FG XR8, lowered, dark agent rims, full exhaust, giving it some off the lights in Brisbane city..... I have never had want for a VE again. It was as sexy, sleek and tough as it sounded.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #65
MexicanBatman
Banned

Quote:
the paint on my G6E doesn't match either :|

hsv styling is just tacky

line up a F6E audi RS6 E class amg M5 XFR all current models, then add a GTS and ask which car is the odd one out, ohh that funny one with all the bits stuck on designed by 18 year olds from the burbs...

unless they say the odd one out is that silly ford with skinny tyres
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #66
darkside
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t

how many Testicles does Ford require to give me that machine I will open the bidding with three easily the toughest looking car I have seen in the modern era Ford sell that I be marching into dealership trade in and mortgage refinance in hand to buy

Would I polish that car often....
at least the bloody ugly raccoon look and unhappy smile have been given the flick ,good to see that the bulge made the grade ...actually the more i look at it the more i see abit of the TRANSFORMERS look about it ....doc
darkside is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #67
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside
at least the bloody ugly raccoon look and unhappy smile have been given the flick ,good to see that the bulge made the grade ...actually the more i look at it the more i see abit of the TRANSFORMERS look about it ....doc
Actually your right there. Especially that red eye look in the head light.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #68
ROLLI
KEEPUP

I think the First VE was tuffer than the E2 by a long shot! E2 looks like MUGEN got a hold of it or it should have Greddy stickers on the side. I would buy 1st VE but the E2 no thanks. As for the FPV I do like the B series better than the FG, FG just needs to lowered a little bit and it looks pretty mean. I would prefer to drive a non turbo skyline than an E2 :P
Old 26-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #69
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned
[/B]
Why does it matter if people can reconise your car or not? I believe people dont give a damn what you drive, they should only be interested in the car they own and drive.

Not me personally, but If I were to buy a car of that nature, it would be so people will look at it, the wow factor. If you dont want to be noticed, buy a plain looking car.
A GT is/should be a GT, everyone stopped and stared when the HO came cruising down the street, the sound, the paint, the stripes etc

Its like women wearing the shortest mini-skirt known to man, then complaining that guys are perving on them! :P
Old 26-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #70
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Its like women wearing the shortest mini-skirt known to man, then complaining that guys are perving on them! :P
That's not perving, that's human nature!!!!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #71
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
A GT is/should be a GT, everyone stopped and stared when the HO came cruising down the street, the sound, the paint, the stripes etc
:P
A Ho looked like a GT

And the current GT has loud paint and stripes...

Edit*

Seen one of these today, i think its the pinnical of HSV efforts...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/

Last edited by Nikked; 26-08-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #72
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^ VS Senator in that cherry red was the pinnacle for me.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #73
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked

Seen one of these today, i think its the pinnical of HSV efforts...

Yes ... one of the better 'tougher' efforts ..... way better than the current one by just way too much. Laughable and get a chuckle when I see one ..... pucker up

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #74
adz193
EL XR6

VE HSV's bottom line are ugly
they're overdone with all of the add-ons, it looks like HSV have tried too hard to make an aggressive car and have made something that looks like a 12 yr old designed it on Need For Speed. I don't mind the SV6 or SS, but the HSV's are terrible.

My favourite HSV even though im ford through and through.

Nothing beats pure understated class through simple design, and ford have nailed it with B series and FG FPV's . Everything flows so nicely and it makes for what is a truely beautiful piece of machinery ;)

Navy 97' EL XR8
Factory manual | Tickford kit | Pacemakers + Full exhaust
adz193 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #75
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

The VZ is the best holden they made, they look 10x better than the B-series the sleek design, the FG has followed from the VZ with curves, the euro look never goes out of fashion!! The VE just looks like a updated B-series car and the b-series. The square look gets tired really quickly!
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #76
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz193
VE HSV's bottom line are ugly
they're overdone with all of the add-ons, it looks like HSV have tried too hard to make an aggressive car and have made something that looks like a 12 yr old designed it on Need For Speed. I don't mind the SV6 or SS, but the HSV's are terrible.

My favourite HSV even though im ford through and through.

Nothing beats pure understated class through simple design, and ford have nailed it with B series and FG FPV's . Everything flows so nicely and it makes for what is a truely beautiful piece of machinery ;)
Agreed. I miss HSV's understated, simple design. Like someone else said new HSVs look like they were designed by a 12 year old on Need For Speed.

I must admit they do stand out. Those LEDs are really eye catching, but I think it's all for the wrong reasons.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post