Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #61
4117kev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is the response:

Que.i,,
rn: Gove ment
Hon Rachel Nolan MP
Member for Ipswich
Our ref: MC43561 Minister for Transport
Your ref: Petitions
7 O T 2009
Mr Neil Laurie
The Clerk of the Parliament
Parliament House
George Street
Brisbane Qld 4000
Dear Mr Laurie
I refer to a petition number 1211-09 lodged with the Legislative Assembly by Ms Fiona
Simpson MP, Member Maroochydore, on 3 August 2009 about government changes to
registration renewal.
The increase in motor vehicle registration fees, which took effect from 1 July 2009, was
announced on 9 December 2008 as part of the Major Economic Statement 2008-09. The vehicle
registration fee increase for 4 cylinder vehicles was 16.5% and for 6 and 8 cylinder vehicles was
20%. At that time it was noted that the 2009-10 vehicle registration fees would also be subject to
changes in compulsory third party premiums and adjustments associated with movements in the
consumer price index.
This increase was necessary to keep us on track with the Bligh Government's road building
program. Without the increase, there may have been a need to cut back on the roads program,
which could have resulted in an increase in unemployment.
Even after the increase, this government continues to invest more in Queensland's roads than it
receives in revenue from motor vehicle registration. In 2009-10, Queensland motorists will pay a
total of approximately $1.2 billion in motor vehicle registration fees. However, the State will
invest $2.145 billion in planning and building Queensland's road network in 2009-10.
As you would appreciate, in order to deliver a program of this scale in the current fiscal
environment, it was necessary to assess all revenue options, including motor vehicle registration.
The increase will raise approximately $183 million in 2009-10, which will assist the government
in continuing to develop and build Queensland's roads, provide jobs and enhance road safety.
I trust this information is of assistance.
RACHEL NOLAN MP
Minister for Transport
Capital Hill Building
85 George Street Brisbane 4000
PO Box 2644 Brisbane
Queensland 4001 Australia
Telephone +61 7 3237 1111
Facsimile +61 7 3224 4242
Email transport@ministerial.gld.gov.au
ABN 65 959 415 158
4117kev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #62
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4117kev
Here is the response:

Que.i,,
Hon Rachel Nolan MP
Member for Ipswich
7 O T 2009
Mr Neil Laurie
Parliament House
George Street
Brisbane Qld 4000
Dear Mr Laurie
I refer to a petition number 1211-09 lodged with the Legislative Assembly by Ms Fiona
registration renewal.
The increase in motor vehicle registration fees, which took effect from 1 July 2009, was
announced on 9 December 2008 as part of the Major Economic Statement 2008-09. The vehicle
registration fee increase for 4 cylinder vehicles was 16.5% and for 6 and 8 cylinder vehicles was
20%. At that time it was noted that the 2009-10 vehicle registration fees would also be subject to
changes in compulsory third party premiums and adjustments associated with movements in the
consumer price index.
This increase was necessary to keep us on track with the Bligh Government's road building
program. Without the increase, there may have been a need to cut back on the roads program,
Even after the increase, this government continues to invest more in Queensland's roads than it
receives in revenue from motor vehicle registration. In 2009-10, Queensland motorists will pay a
total of approximately $1.2 billion in motor vehicle registration fees. However, the State will
invest $2.145 billion in planning and building Queensland's road network in 2009-10.
As you would appreciate, in order to deliver a program of this scale in the current fiscal
environment, it was necessary to assess all revenue options, including motor vehicle registration.
The increase will raise approximately $183 million in 2009-10, which will assist the government
in continuing to develop and build Queensland's roads, provide jobs and enhance road safety.
RACHEL NOLAN MP
Minister for Transport
Capital Hill Building
PO Box 2644 Brisbane
ABN 65 959 415 158
Ok so your rego fees dont cover the cost of the building and maintaining roads. Where does the tax the goverment collects on petrol go? - I was told that went to roads.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #63
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, I recieved that response e-mail. What a pile of political clap-trap. I e-mailed her back and told her so in no uncertain terms, with a reminder that we won't forget at the next election.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #64
CADSKY
'01 AU11 XR8 UTE

haha if only i paid $200 for rego!! infact i have my rego renewall sitting in front of me right now. $567.20 for 12 months.

still $800 is alot

CURRENT
'01 AU2 XR8 UTE - 5 SPEED MANUAL.
MUCH WORK TO DO.

PREVIOUS
'07 BF MK11 XR6 - 6 SPEED AUTO
'95 EF XR6 - 5 SPEED MANUAL

See my car HERE
CADSKY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #65
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4117kev
Here is the response:

Que.i,,
Hon Rachel Nolan MP
Member for Ipswich
7 O T 2009
Mr Neil Laurie
Parliament House
George Street
Brisbane Qld 4000
Dear Mr Laurie
registration renewal.
consumer price index.
RACHEL NOLAN MP
Minister for Transport
Capital Hill Building
PO Box 2644 Brisbane
ABN 65 959 415 158

What a load of bullocks, how the hell did QLD ever get its road structure in place before the population exploded up here is beyond me!!
All I can see in the last 20 years is a sure and steady decline in the condition of roads here, especially the outback ones. PATCH and PASTE is the only work the QLD Gov is really doing and its a poor misguided effort at best, anything that requires major network building is given to the higest bidder with the most kickbacks..

"Better roads for QLD" signs are just the propaganda machine at work.

Sour? You bet I am, Over a $1000 for one vehicle and I get to drive on crap 3rd world roads, unless I live on the Sunshine though to Gold Coast strip.

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #66
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy
What a load of bullocks, how the hell did QLD ever get its road structure in place before the population exploded up here is beyond me!!
All I can see in the last 20 years is a sure and steady decline in the condition of roads here, especially the outback ones. PATCH and PASTE is the only work the QLD Gov is really doing and its a poor misguided effort at best, anything that requires major network building is given to the higest bidder with the most kickbacks..

"Better roads for QLD" signs are just the propaganda machine at work.

Sour? You bet I am, Over a $1000 for one vehicle and I get to drive on crap 3rd world roads, unless I live on the Sunshine though to Gold Coast strip.

The rest of Australia recieves between $5-$8 per km of national roads, Queensland about $1.17 from the fedral government. Imagine what parity in Fedral funding would do for this country.
Old 20-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #67
burnz
VFII SS UTE

CTP $305 (based on address)
REGO $396 (based on tare) allthou the rta claim my car is 105kg lighter than holden (bonus)
PINK $31
thats what i paid today (NSW)
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 05:55 PM   #68
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
The rest of Australia recieves between $5-$8 per km of national roads, Queensland about $1.17 from the fedral government. Imagine what parity in Fedral funding would do for this country.
Where do you get your info from? Not that I am doubting it, its just that I am from Vic and was told that the federal government spends far more on roads in NSW and Queensland than Vic due to the size of the state and other factors such as access to public transport etc.

Old 20-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #69
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
Where do you get your info from? Not that I am doubting it, its just that I am from Vic and was told that the federal government spends far more on roads in NSW and Queensland than Vic due to the size of the state and other factors such as access to public transport etc.
the only funding in nsw get's from the fed's is the road's leading into canberra!!
other than that it's slap and fill..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #70
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:

Wouldn't suprise me at all that Victoria recieves very little but its share of national roads is far less than other states. Brisbane to Cairns is just as far as Brisbane to Melbourne.
Old 20-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #71
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
the only funding in nsw get's from the fed's is the road's leading into canberra!!
other than that it's slap and fill..
I cant remember who I spoke too, but I think it may have been a pollie or someone with connections to a political party. We were discussing Eastlink at the time and why we had to have a toll. It was suggested that Vic pays a lot to the fed government but only gets a small amount back. Would be interesting to see where the money actually goes.

Old 20-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #72
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
I cant remember who I spoke too, but I think it may have been a pollie or someone with connections to a political party. We were discussing Eastlink at the time and why we had to have a toll. It was suggested that Vic pays a lot to the fed government but only gets a small amount back. Would be interesting to see where the money actually goes.

Yeah NSW and VIC governments have been whinging about GST revenue since 2000. Essentially thet believe the GST should be distributed purely by population as opposed to the money being returned to the state which paid it. Each state government believes its being ripped under the scheme. Luckily they won't exsist in the next 50 years.