Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #61
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Default Re: I just saw some Mofo tip his old sump oil down a stormwater drain

When was the last time the environment ever did something for me????

About 1 second ago when I inhaled.....we inhale oxygen and exhale CO2, the trees and Krill in the oceans take in our emission of CO2 and expel oxygen for us to breath........sounds like a pretty well balanced set up!

Oh no I'm turning into a hippie WoodStock Festival here I come, give me that rainbow Beanie
Old 20-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #62
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gotta love the northern suburbs probably thought he would put it back from where it came from.
Old 20-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #63
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray38l
Some people need to harden up. Im guessing everyone who is so angry about someone doing this has never littered and drives the most environmentally friendly car possible. Fair enough the guy shouldn't have poured it down the drain but its happened get over it. I cant understand everyone's over reaction to it. Everyone on here must be saints.
Yeah, fair call, but 5 litres of dirty sump oil is far worse than a cig butt or hungry jacks crap, I think some of the comments made in the thread which seemed to endorse pouring oil down storm water drains ( or at least saying it's no big deal) provoked the out pouring of negative sentiment.
Old 20-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #64
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrghia
gotta love the northern suburbs probably thought he would put it back from where it came from.
Absolute Gold
Old 20-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #65
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Good on you Davo - even if you're being serious, I think you're funny. I understand your sentiment (everything is so PC these days it's not funny), but putting oil down the stormwater is not good (which you've already stated you wouldn't do anyway.......)

To the OP - a typed letter in an envelope in his letterbox might just do the trick.

In the words of Cold chisel (Jimmy) "F'n classic". LOL

I'm not scoring this thread, but if I were, Davo 10, everyone else 0 - he is having a good laugh at you all.
+1 JC

I was just about to draft a reply to the same tune, but you spot on hit the nail on the head and as wise man Marvin Lee Aday said - you took the words right out of my mouth.

Whatever it is that Davo is doing, I'm finding it entertaining.

-Danny
Old 20-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #66
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
+1 JC

I was just about to draft a reply to the same tune, but you spot on hit the nail on the head and as wise man Marvin Lee Aday said - you took the words right out of my mouth.

Whatever it is that Davo is doing, I'm finding it entertaining.

-Danny
This thread would have been as boring as bat **** without him, I'm assuming he is serious, but if he is only joking and taking the **** out of me and everyone else.....hats off he's bloody brilliant
Old 20-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #67
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muso
This thread would have been as boring as bat **** without him, I'm assuming he is serious, but if he is only joking and taking the **** out of me and everyone else.....hats off he's bloody brilliant
Good on you too, muso. You're both hurting my sides I'm laughing so much!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 20-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #68
xy500
Constant annoyance

Alright, you blokes carrying on about how oil wont have 2/5ths of fa effect on the environment.
Someone should've told you by now, that if you have no idea what you're talking about, you should shut your mouth and listen.
Apart from the fact that the oil is likely to kill a decent swathe of fish and marine creatures in the downstream creeks (and i thought mentally lacking dropkicks loved fishing?). It's bloody lazy, and there is no excuse when every tip has free oil recycling facilities.
In the case you didnt notice, the oil spill in the gulf killed a massive amount of marine life, more than can ever be counted. And the effects of hydrocarbons is much worse on freshwater ecosystems, as the volume of water is far less.
So next time you're having a fish, you can think back to why it is your getting no bights in the creek.
Old 20-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #69
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500
Alright, you blokes carrying on about how oil wont have 2/5ths of fa effect on the environment.
Someone should've told you by now, that if you have no idea what you're talking about, you should shut your mouth and listen.
Apart from the fact that the oil is likely to kill a decent swathe of fish and marine creatures in the downstream creeks (and i thought mentally lacking dropkicks loved fishing?). It's bloody lazy, and there is no excuse when every tip has free oil recycling facilities.
In the case you didnt notice, the oil spill in the gulf killed a massive amount of marine life, more than can ever be counted. And the effects of hydrocarbons is much worse on freshwater ecosystems, as the volume of water is far less.
So next time you're having a fish, you can think back to why it is your getting no bights in the creek.
Speaking of fishing....................
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 20-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #70
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL I cant believe thread hasnt been locked yet
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Old 20-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #71
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Well said!
When I was a kid I used to catch tadpoles in the freshwater systems, now they are gone and a pet shop is the only place you will find them, it is a bloody tragedy, we have been crapping in our own beds literally!
Old 20-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #72
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
"Bites"
Old 20-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #73
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
Your probably spot on their Dave. A litre of crude oil emits the equivalent of 2 kilograms of co2, so he was basically only dumping 8 kilo's of co2, Roughly the same co2 emissions as driving 32 kilometres in a Falcon or Commodore.

Oh my god, every Adult Australian probably already dumps the equivalent of 4 litres of oil into the atmosphere each day. Lucky we dont breath the air.
Nope, this oil isnt going to turn into co2 any time in the near future just by pouring it down the drain, you've gotta burn it to do that. It came from the earth, just putting it back? well if it was put under the crust again, but no its going into the water ways/food chain etc

Thanks OP for actually going to the trouble of trying to do something about this. I understand your frustration, perhaps do what I do to people who let their dog take a dump on my lawn and leave it there...find out where they live and return the product to their door step uncovered, gets the message across....
Old 20-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #74
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
"Bites"
Still well said though whether it's bights or bites!
Old 20-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #75
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the thing that gets me is.... if he is doing an oil change wouldnt he have an empty container once he re filled the car? but from what i can figure from the op he probs didnt even realise it until he walked back into the shed sparked a smoke and grabbed a vb (nothing against vb infact enjoying one now)
Old 20-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #76
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
Nope, this oil isnt going to turn into co2 any time in the near future just by pouring it down the drain, you've gotta burn it to do that. It came from the earth, just putting it back? well if it was put under the crust again, but no its going into the water ways/food chain etc

Thanks OP for actually going to the trouble of trying to do something about this. I understand your frustration, perhaps do what I do to people who let their dog take a dump on my lawn and leave it there...find out where they live and return the product to their door step uncovered, gets the message across....
I'd happily dump my oil change on his front lawn but it would still end up in the waterways when he hoses it out into he street......perhaps a dog **** on the door mat?
Old 20-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #77
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muso
Still well said though whether it's bights or bites!
"Bights"

Sigh.. While I do lean to the heal the world paradigm, I'm certainly not allowing myself to lose sleep over it.

Blokes like Davo are clearly throwing out the line, and reeling most of you right in, so hats off to him for that, no matter what his true beliefs are.
Old 20-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #78
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't people recycle anymore. Dirty oil goes into Holden's.
Old 20-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #79
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D
the thing that gets me is.... if he is doing an oil change wouldnt he have an empty container once he re filled the car? but from what i can figure from the op he probs didnt even realise it until he walked back into the shed sparked a smoke and grabbed a vb (nothing against vb infact enjoying one now)
I don't think his thought processes would be capable of such wisdom, as I said in the opening thread 'retard in blue stubbies' to think of actually re-cycling the empty oil container would require IQ level of at least an idiot.....good point though.

When I walked past his house I noticed the road and gutter in front of his property is caked with oil which made me furious, he more than likely has been dropping his sump oil direct into the gutter for the last 10 years, either that or he has a car with a bad oil leak. Perhaps the acquisition of a super cheap auto oil catch tray is his good deed for the decade!
Old 20-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #80
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Don't people recycle anymore. Dirty oil goes into Holden's.

VN commodores to be precise!
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 20-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #81
BigCav
OzFalcon.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
The oil will not doubt end up clogging the drain if its a regular occuance and hopefully cause flooding in the street next time it rains.
this has got to be the funniest post of the thread so far i recon, is this guy from qld by any chance? maybe the floods were all his fault

i just hate it when 5 litres of liquid clogs a 1 foot round pipe
Old 20-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #82
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im not sayin dump your old oil down the drain (yes he did wrong) but how meny of you actualy get rid of it properly ? and that doesnt mean pour it back in to the container your new oil came out of and then put it in the bin coz still ends up in land fill and its just as bad to burn iso how meny know how to get rid of it properly ??

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 20-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #83
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes and the oil will flow freely once dumped into a drain wont it?
Dump enough of anything into a drain and eventually itll clog.

Where did i mention 5litres? I did say.... if its a regular occurance.
How often do you see your council out there cleaning drains?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 20-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #84
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i do. ive got a lot of mates who are also religious about oil changes and when we all have a few saved when having a bbq we all load up and head off to the collection depo at the local tip. this will sound like a stupid idea and pointless cause this hobo obviously doesnt belong to a club. but a yearly club cruise that starts at a collection depo would be a great idea
Old 20-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #85
nstg8a

jeez, what a reaction... imagine the reaction if he had been planking at the same time...
Old 20-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #86
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs
im not sayin dump your old oil down the drain (yes he did wrong) but how meny of you actualy get rid of it properly ? and that doesnt mean pour it back in to the container your new oil came out of and then put it in the bin coz still ends up in land fill and its just as bad to burn iso how meny know how to get rid of it properly ??

Dumping of oil is free at most dumps... Once i collect a few bottles i go for a drive to tip and leave it at the recycling section where they accept old oil.
Its not that difficult ?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 20-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #87
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

[QUOTE=Danny]"Bights"

I know what the difference between bites and bights is, what I meant was it was well said in spite of XY500's grammar error.
Old 20-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #88
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
jeez, what a reaction... imagine the reaction if he had been planking at the same time...
oily plank
Old 20-05-2011, 11:33 PM   #89
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

What a loser, I skip the middle man and dump it right into my local creek.

Jokes.
Old 20-05-2011, 11:33 PM   #90
muso
Heinrich tuned 300 rwkws

This thread has turned out to be so bloody funny, I'm going to go around there tomorrow and buy that fat stubbie wearing oil dumping Mofo a beer for giving me such a funny Friday night even if it was at the expense of the enivironment!
Closed Thread