Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-05-2011, 12:18 AM   #61
vispix

Default Re: Warning to all who insure their cars..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
Well perhaps not, but driving is about expecting the unexpected, leaving space "incase", hopefully you will change your ways and we wont have to endure another "the silly bit.....just jumped on the brakes in front of me......"
Ohhh yes.
Now I drive thinking to myself... I need to stay more than the required limit behind someone because of morons having a "I think I own the road" moment.
Old 28-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #62
vispix

Quote:
Surely in your accident the answer to that is obvious, you dont see a problem with swerving into the lane coming the other way, "
I think you have it mixed up here or maybe you missed my previous post..sorry.

We were all going the same way.
I did not swerve into oncoming traffic.
Hell, that is just crazy.

It was a one way street, with 2 lanes
The guy who hit me, overtook the truck behind me and went into the other lane on my right while speeding.
I already stated this in another post.
maybe some people missed it.

Last edited by vispix; 28-05-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 28-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #63
FPV091

I had a vehicle write off a couple of years ago. I took the plates down the NSW RTA and got the refund for the remaining rego. You should have taken the plates off as soon as it was being towed. That's what i did.
Old 28-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #64
vispix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV091
I had a vehicle write off a couple of years ago. I took the plates down the NSW RTA and got the refund for the remaining rego. You should have taken the plates off as soon as it was being towed. That's what i did.
That's what I did... but as I stated the insurance company takes that amount off your payout figure.
Old 28-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #65
Supercharged

If the rego refund is less than what they deducted from you and it is more than say $100.00 do a small claims in court straight away, they will pay as they will know they will loose.
Old 28-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #66
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Surely in your accident the answer to that is obvious, you dont see a problem with swerving into the lane coming the other way, swerving onto the footpath, swerving into another lane where you have no idea what is there. Regardless, you were swerving to avoid the consequences of your dangerous driving , following too close.

Well perhaps not, but driving is about expecting the unexpected(though women stopping suddenly for parking spot in shopping centre is hardly unhears of), leaving space "incase", hopefully you will change your ways and we wont have to endure another "the silly bit.....just jumped on the brakes in front of me......"
would you get real. in anything people are involved in there will be mistakes. members of this forum don't need to come on here and read how you are "superior" and everyone else makes mistakes. it was an accident, he took what he thought at the time was the best course of action. fair enough you need to maintain following distance "just in case" but everyone has a different reaction time. you really need to get off your high horse and stop acting like you have never made a mistake with anything in your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FgNewbie
Every time I read reference to animals indirectly/directly causing a smash, I wonder why people don't claim it was a child.
might be a bit hard on a freeway or open highway though... but i get what you mean.
Old 28-05-2011, 12:54 AM   #67
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax
I don't understand, you are the one who crashed an everyone around you is the idiot?
Obviously you didn't keep a sufficient gap in front of you to avoid someone emergency stopping, would you have felt better if they avoided a child running out? And then the person who t boned you, why the hell would they expect someone to swerve into their path on the wrong side of the road?
You probably also deserve a ticket from the Police to top it off!
Maxyboy, read the post before you go off tap. To the original poster's credit, he wasn't looking for sympathy and acknowledges he was in error. Just trying to inform us of something he discovered for all our benefit.

We should all adopt the standard on this fine forum of posting as though the person was sitting next to you.
Old 28-05-2011, 01:35 AM   #68
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vispix
Like I said.. I have learnt from this whole situation..
have you?

Quote:
there are idiots like this on the road.
still passing the buck... doesnt sound like you've learned much at all.
Old 28-05-2011, 01:36 AM   #69
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vispix
I think you have it mixed up here or maybe you missed my previous post..sorry.

We were all going the same way.
I did not swerve into oncoming traffic.
Hell, that is just crazy.

It was a one way street, with 2 lanes
The guy who hit me, overtook the truck behind me and went into the other lane on my right while speeding.
I already stated this in another post.
maybe some people missed it.
Nope, didnt miss anything, you said, whats the problem with swerving to miss an accident, and here is what I said:
Quote:
Surely in your accident the answer to that is obvious, you dont see a problem with swerving into the lane coming the other way, swerving onto the footpath, swerving into another lane where you have no idea what is there. ...."
I covered the possible scenarios where you'd swerve and none of them is jusitfiable, including you swerving into the lane that you had no idea as to what was in it, oh, he was speeding, going to fast to see? nope, you just had no idea and as I said previously were damn lucky you didnt kill anyone.

Last edited by sudszy; 28-05-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 28-05-2011, 01:44 AM   #70
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
would you get real. in anything people are involved in there will be mistakes. members of this forum don't need to come on here and read how you are "superior" and everyone else makes mistakes.
I dont know that I made much of a case about myself here, was more interested in that the OP seems to still believe that his predicament is all the result of the "idiot" that stopped quickly and the other "idiot" in the other lane that he didnt give way to.

Last edited by sudszy; 28-05-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Old 28-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #71
Low006
Formerly "BOOFHEAD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
from what i understand and from reading a thread on here recently, if someone brakes heavily / stops suddenly in front of you with no good reason (apparently even braking for an animal isn't a good enough reason) they are liable for an accident if rear ended. but i guess hind sight is a great thing to have...
And the moral to that story is ?????????
A. Never stop/swerve for an animal - just hit the B#@$%@ - Insurance will cover any damage
B. Make sure your brake lights work

"It's only a Pinhole!" XP resto(SOLD)
Old 28-05-2011, 01:47 AM   #72
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I dont know that I made much of a case about myself here, was more interested in that the OP seems to still believe that the OP still thinks his predicament is all the result of the "idiot" that stopped quickly.
i don't just mean this thread or the quoted post, every thread you comment in is the same...
Old 28-05-2011, 01:56 AM   #73
Low006
Formerly "BOOFHEAD"

Quote:
I dont know that I made much of a case about myself here, was more interested in that the OP seems to still believe that his predicament is all the result of the "idiot" that stopped quickly.
So...... you have actually never experienced that "idiot" well you must live in lah de dah land. I seem to recall this thread was originally a "let you know about this little bit of fineprint in your Insurance PD whatever" and not a bash up about the OP being upset about what has happened - can't blame him especially if he has never, in all the years on the road, had a claim.

Oh you can sit behind your computer screen and type your holier than thou comments, but I wish I could be fly on the wall the next time some "idiot" brakes suddenly in front of you because they have lost concentration, doing their hair, lighting a smoke and it falls in their lap etc etc etc - I can hear the string of profanities now.... ( I think that is how you spell Profanities)
I think this Thread should be locked - there rant off

"It's only a Pinhole!" XP resto(SOLD)
Old 28-05-2011, 02:06 AM   #74
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low006
So...... you have actually never experienced that "idiot" well you must live in lah de dah land. I seem to recall this thread was originally a "let you know about this little bit of fineprint in your Insurance PD whatever" and not a bash up about the OP being upset about what has happened -
Maybe he was genuine with wanting us to know about what most of us already knew, regardless, there was no need to quote all the details of his write off and unfortunately when people post outrageous material blaming others for something that was clearly their fault, others and myself feel a civic duty to point out what is wrong with the logic here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low006
Oh you can sit behind your computer screen and type your holier than thou comments, but I wish I could be fly on the wall the next time some "idiot" brakes suddenly in front of you because they have lost concentration, doing their hair, lighting a smoke and it falls in their lap etc etc etc - I can hear the string of profanities now.... ( I think that is how you spell Profanities)
I think this Thread should be locked - there rant off
Mate, I didnt start driving yesterday, and idiots have done all sorts of things in front of my car, but they arent going to get me involved if Im not sitting on their tail.......there lies the message.
Old 28-05-2011, 02:12 AM   #75
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Lost the OP plot and once everyone thinks each other are idiots, the thread became pointless. Goodnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
Closed Thread