Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-12-2011, 03:07 AM   #61
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

Default Re: Holy crap! What a crash...

The Commodore was a V6, not a V8, so it was your regular family car and not some hotted up 6.3L. The guys were 19 and 20, so to be honest it's inexperience most likely with normal young bloke stupidity. On the news the police were saying it was the worst crash they'd ever seen.

I actually work with palm trees, and that palm is a Canary Island Date Palm and they weigh around a ton for every metre of trunk. That palm would have weighed maybe 10 tonnes above ground and who knows how much strength it had anchored into the ground like it was. To bend the trunk would have required incredible forces. The palm itself may die and normally you don't see that sort of trunk bending without 280kph winds from a cyclone for example.

Also where are the marks over the kerb and into the garden bed for example. If you jump a kerb there will be damage to the ground immediately at the point of impact. When you look at the pictures the ground is basically undisturbed. I would bet that this car was airborne when it hit the base of the palm.

I feel really sorry for the families and emergency workers.
4th car 90 XF ute (work car)
5th car 06 SY TS AWD Territory Orbital LPi
6th car 95 XG ute
7th car 2014 SZ Territory TX Petrol
Fords all my life.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2011, 03:30 AM   #62
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirweasle
they said the car was incinerated... i think thats how it ended up, because its not chard at all... ?
palms charred, cars charred from back to interior. driver incinerated.
side of car not incinerated as flew off it looks like.

as said, the real poor people are the families, friends and THE COPS AND AMBOS THAT CLEAN UP THE MESS, ARRIVE TO FIND IT, AND TELL THE FAMILIES THE NEWS.

and no, i'm not a cop or ambo, but we all seem to talk bad about the boys in blue at times.... just not today.
reef green xwgt falcon
lime green HT GTS Monaro 308 4 speed
reef green ZC Fairlane black interior
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2011, 03:52 AM   #63
XF Falcon
[FORCED]

got this off another forum, a perth guy wrote this

"Just got access to a proper computer.. Thought I should put the rumours to rest on this.

Tom went to a friends house last night near UWA, started drinking vodka + mother, then mixed in Nodoz and lsd. His family live in northam, and his sister was on her way down. Somebody called an ambulance for him as he was ****** off his head, and his friend that was in the car was having physcotic breaks. Plan was for his younger sister to meet them at the hospital after the ambulance got them at around 1am. She gets there, then recieves a call saying he wasn't home when the ambo's arrived. She drove around the western suburbs until 3am before crashing at my house. Her mum came to get her at 5, and then the mother went to ID the body at 6am.

My heart goes out to those involved, cannot imagine what the family is going though. Its hit too close to home, as he shared the same name, I had met him a number of times and he had a birthday very close to mine. RIP despite the circumstances, as I feel most for the family that is left over to deal with it."
Old 21-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #64
blk6t

A little off topic but are the V6 Commodores limited to 180km/h similar to the Falcon XT?
Old 21-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #65
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XF Falcon

"Just got access to a proper computer.. Thought I should put the rumours to rest on this.

Tom went to a friends house last night near UWA, started drinking vodka + mother, then mixed in Nodoz and lsd. His family live in northam, and his sister was on her way down. Somebody called an ambulance for him as he was ****** off his head, and his friend that was in the car was having physcotic breaks. Plan was for his younger sister to meet them at the hospital after the ambulance got them at around 1am. She gets there, then recieves a call saying he wasn't home when the ambo's arrived. She drove around the western suburbs until 3am before crashing at my house. Her mum came to get her at 5, and then the mother went to ID the body at 6am.

My heart goes out to those involved, cannot imagine what the family is going though. Its hit too close to home, as he shared the same name, I had met him a number of times and he had a birthday very close to mine. RIP despite the circumstances, as I feel most for the family that is left over to deal with it."
Idiots, I really feel for the family after reading that, they must feel so helpless and yes none of it is their fault.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #66
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

Quote:

Well that chilling bit of info certainly explains a lot.

They got a long way considering the condition they were in, and they had to negotiate the windy Mounts Bay Rd as it snakes along the banks of the Swan River. Plenty of places to prang there. There must be pictures of them going through red light cameras in places.

One positive is that they didn't kill anyone else.

The families will be living the nightmare now.
6th car 95 XG ute
Fords all my life.
Old 21-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #67
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

life experience visiting the scene of a high speed fatal and wreck..

high speed four up in valiant ute... three died.. one of them was a mate..

pieces of car you could never imagine.. destruction.. impact signs and pieces of car still hanging 30ft up in trees....

a new respect and a love of life.....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #68
B4GHI4
Just Cruiz'n

My thoughts to the families and friends of those killed. The sad thing is that no one learns from it. A proportion of the readers and contributors of this thread and others on other forums will still go out and drive like dicks, still drink, snort, smoke, inject or whatever and drive, then kill themselves, or someone else. If they survive they try to find all the reasons why it was someone else's fault and not theirs.
On a positive note, if this crash (and others like it) stops one person from being stupid, then at least that's something good out of a tragic situation. End of rant.
Have a safe Xmas all and don't be one of the dicks.
Old 21-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #69
BAFrod

For some reason I think commodore's aren't/haven't been limited like falcons are. Also, the fact that the car was a povo pack base model, not a "fast car" is important... Tells the media it's much more about the driver, not the engine.
BAFrod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #70
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAFrod
For some reason I think commodore's aren't/haven't been limited like falcons are. Also, the fact that the car was a povo pack base model, not a "fast car" is important... Tells the media it's much more about the driver, not the engine.
Agreed, and thank God enough of the cars exhaust and wheel type survived to see that it is still in stock form, otherwise the media would have had a field day. I hope that they can concentrate on the real cause and leave the hoon element out of it.

A real tragedy nonetheless and if this statement turns out to be infact true,
Quote:
Tom went to a friends house last night near UWA, started drinking vodka + mother, then mixed in Nodoz and lsd. His family live in northam, and his sister was on her way down. Somebody called an ambulance for him as he was ****** off his head, and his friend that was in the car was having physcotic breaks.
then the there was already a tragedy happening anyway.

Bud Bud
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #71
pundit
Gazza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk6t
A little off topic but are the V6 Commodores limited to 180km/h similar to the Falcon XT?
Unsure about Commodores, bit EB-AUIII in the 6's are 180, and BA/F/FG sedans are 200, utes and wagons are 180...

But also its not hard to get a limiter removed with a flash tune.
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #72
Bobman
Regulator

If the car was ex police, would it still have a limiter?

Anyway, all that doesn't matter. Even at the speed limit you can cause some serious damage if unlucky.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #73
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

ill be the first to sound like a ****** but wtf this is the stuff that prevents all car guys to enjoy our machines without cops being there.....

when will humans ever learn to listen to others.

i dont feel anything for the dead guys at all they planned their futurewith this action alone.

i only feel for the family trying to understand why this happend.

merry christmas to all and if you drink drive or speed drink drive or do anything in the car other than just bloody drive remember your an idiot and things like this happen.

My build that was http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11267696

ENVI BA XR6T
BUILD THREAD..http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11345961 TAKEN BY THE EX
NOW A EL FUTURA

EB MONTY NOW IN THE SHED
BACK IN THE E-SERIES

THREAD DIGGEr
au11futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #74
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by au11futura
if you drink drive or speed drink drive or do anything in the car other than just bloody drive remember your an idiot and things like this happen.
Totally agree with you on this. People want all the freedom in the world to decide what THEY want to do, without any regard for others or the consequences and want no responsibility with it. Where these things get even more tragic is when they kill or maim other innocent victims.
6th car 95 XG ute
Fords all my life.
Old 23-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #75
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would suggest its a possible suicide. Happens all the time.

in melbourne these days everybodys going under trains etc as the West Gate bridge is no longer usable. Something like 1 or 2 a week killed themselves on the bridge, now they do stuff like this. (BTW I know this isnt VIC)
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #76
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual

in melbourne these days everybodys going under trains etc as the West Gate bridge is no longer usable. Something like 1 or 2 a week killed themselves on the bridge, now they do stuff like this. (BTW I know this isnt VIC)
Um.. there were 2 in the car, murder+suicide? If its just a driver then probably suicide.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #77
Transit Truck

Another one for the MythBusters to try. Can you split a car halfway through a large palm tree.
Transit Truck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2011, 03:15 AM   #78
XF Falcon
[FORCED]

Old 24-12-2011, 04:46 AM   #79
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A friend of mine who is a cop in WA said "at least 170km/h, plus it bent the palm tree over about 20 deg." It takes a fair amount of force to do that!
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #80
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Some very chilling pictures , I know when I was younger I thought I was indestructible, those saying they brought it on themselves ,I really don't think anyone starts a night with this as an ending .:..very sad that it still happens I have lost too many mates to it .

Try to be safe all ypu young fellas , you may just make it .
Old 24-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #81
Bumbl3b33

I saw 22 pictures of the crash on Perth Now. I was in shock and awe. Never seen carnage like that.

Just like any air crash disaster, there are many factors that contribute to the crash. Same goes for car crashes. This is an example to all youths how quickly life comes to an end. Some may argue that parents/government are contributing factors. While that may be partially true, we make our own choices. Unfortunately those choices are influenced by broader social problems e.g, alcohol, drugs, group pressure, to name a few. They seem to be amongst the leading causes of deaths in car crash victoms.

I feel for the families and friends affected by the tradegy. Let it serve as a lesson to all. Drive responsibly on the roads. You put OTHER people and yourself at risk.
Bumbl3b33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #82
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

This is just messed up...that last pic just says it all...the driver would have been in there somewhere.. holy heck...

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #83
05_ENFORCER

Latest news in is one fella was rushing his mate to the hospital because the ambulance that was called never showed up.
Toxy tests not availiable until after Xmas.
Stay safe everyone.
Condolences to the extended family/s

Last edited by 05_ENFORCER; 24-12-2011 at 11:51 PM.
05_ENFORCER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #84
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER
Latest news in is one fella was rushing his mate to the hospital because the ambulance that was called never showed up.
not quite latest news...

Quote:

nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2011, 12:08 AM   #85
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual

Oh really, well you'd be wrong, unless you have a hot line to the Coroner who hasnt even looked at it yet I'd say.
Old 25-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #86
05_ENFORCER

Yeah, OK, I was wondering why all of the suicide rumours were floating around in this thread, maybe some didn't read?

Old 25-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #87
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Unbelievable :/
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2011, 12:38 AM   #88
creative
I am Batman

Quote:

Tom went to a friends house last night near UWA, started drinking vodka + mother, then mixed in Nodoz and lsd. His family live in northam, and his sister was on her way down. Somebody called an ambulance for him as he was ****** off his head, and his friend that was in the car was having physcotic breaks.".......

Sorry to say I lost all sympathy at this point. The only contributing factor I can see if this post is true, is drink and drugs.

Condolences to their families more than anything and thankfully they didn't take innocent people with them.
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #89
littlered
Starter Motor

Unhappy Re: Holy crap! What a crash...

Quote:

Firstly.... condolances to the family.

Secondly... this doesn't make sense. As Perthites with know. if you are near UWA (Nedlands) then Sir Charles Gardiner Hopistal is right next door. Why (and we may never know) would you go to RPH which is like 15-20 Km away
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #90
protd
TUFF FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlered
Firstly.... condolances to the family.

Secondly... this doesn't make sense. As Perthites with know. if you are near UWA (Nedlands) then Sir Charles Gardiner Hopistal is right next door. Why (and we may never know) would you go to RPH which is like 15-20 Km away

drugs and p11ss make the mind do strange things...
protd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post