Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-02-2015, 11:59 AM   #61
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Audi SQ5- humble pie tastes so good!

I reckon they are great ! good buy, after all its the wife's choice of ride right ?
Mine wanted a JEEP 2yrs ago LOL...to date she loves it - happy wife happy life
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2015, 01:02 PM   #62
Morry

Tex,if you go to ramspeedwheels.com.au and click on their showroom page you will see photos of my Estriol Blue SQ5. I stuck with 20 inch because of the condition of the roads where I live and the ease of getting replacement tyres in that size. The 21 inch Audi rims do look good.
Morry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #63
Binny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
worst part of owning a diesel is filling up.... you never get any from the diesel smell clothes, hands, shoes etc the pumps and floors are always covered in it...
Thats not such a big problem any more. All the big servos BP, Shell, Caltex etc now have diesel at every car bowser right next to the unleaded. So you are not standing in the muck where the trucks fill up with high flow pumps.
I can't remember the last time I got in the car smelling like diesel or having my shoes slipping on the pedals. It used to occur a lot when I got my first diesel car in 2008.
Although I can get 1100km on a tank in the daily commute so its not like I have to fill up very often.
Old 20-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #64
Buttnekid
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Morry, Tex - please check out this site, you will see some amazingly similar things...... dont ask me how I know this save to say what are currently on my AMG...!@ NOT HAPPY

http://www.bcec.com.tw/wheel/new_rim_main/MAIN.html
Buttnekid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #65
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Discovered there's no dipstick to visually verify oil level on the V6 - that's a first for me.

And no first service /inspection / oil & filter change until 15000km scheduled service?

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-02-2015, 11:32 AM   #66
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

^^^^
Yeah, both those things threw me too, Tex. The first service thing more than the dipstick- it's pretty easy to check the level on the electronic "dipstick" in the cars on board menu though.

No first service bothered me though and I spoke to them about it but ended up just going by the book- first service came after 10 months of driving around. Haven't had a single issue with the car from new.

Familiarise yourself with where the battery terminals are too mate! Caught me out trying to jump my GT one morning! Middle of and literally just below the windscreen, between the wipers... Took me ages to find it!
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #67
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Thanks mate.

i spoke with dealer and informed them i was going to drop the oil and change the filter, at first they balked but common sense prevailed and they are cool.

I have ordered a dipstick which will be fitted on first service.

Also ordered a full size spare as we intend to do a drive holiday central aus shortly. Aint going bush with a tin of goop and a compressor as back up!

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:14 AM   #68
tex
Broken

Ordered a set of XO caracus 22" x 9.5" matte black fitted with Nitto 420S in 265x35x22. Believe it or not, that 22" combo is indentical oa diameter to the stock 20" wheel and tire (255x45x20)

My desire for staggered not permitted due to quattro System which is disappointing, wanted to go 10.5 and 305 on the rear :(

The 22 wheel fits beautifully in the huge arches and while looking rather large, by no means looks out of proportion or doof doofa silly.

Dare i say it, with the blacked out windows, it looks sophisticated gangsta.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:54 AM   #69
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

^^^

Pics Tex, pics man!
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 10-03-2015, 05:34 PM   #70
tex
Broken

Spewing.

Audi just advised that a staggered set would have been fine. So i could have gone 265 front 305 rear.

Too late now.

Did 800km over the weekend on a tank of fuel. And i was not driving for economy let me tell you ;) under the same conditions / speeds, id expect to see 400km out of the same amount of fuel in the aspirated gt! When it was blown, maybe 300!

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:35 AM   #71
tex
Broken

5000km under the sq5s tires since Feb and its going great.

Average fuel consumption under 10, that's a mix of about 50/50 highway and burbs.

The damn thing pulls to its limiter, actually a few Kms more indicated. Amazingly stable, a brick shaped vehicle shouldn't be able to do that lol.

We can only fault one thing, and that's occasionally the driveline feels a little harsh just dodging around in dynamic mode. I've been leaving it in in individual mode with the steering set to auto, trans set to comfort and exhaust on dynamic, this avoids most of the harshness. Will speak to dealer about it incase there's a trans flash or update they can put into it.

The other driver struggles with parking, and not using the 22" wheels to grind down curbs. The first scrape happened the same day the rims were fitted! Ouch. I'm now good with a needle file, wet and dry, and VHT paint ;)

Certainly the best all round vehicle we've ever owned, just does everything so well, comfort, build quality, speed, efficiency, stealth.

If you're considering one, just do it. Worth the money, infact, worth even more when you take into account the competition in thie performance orientated SUV segment.

Recently had the opportunity to check out a friends Cayenne GTS. It had better (bigger, flasher looking) brakes. And that's about it. And the Porsche badge, but at 150 gorillas, I'll take the SQ5 and a Mustang instead

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:36 AM   #72
tex
Broken

Angry Re: Audi SQ5- humble pie tastes so good!

Double.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:36 AM   #73
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Recently had the opportunity to check out a friends Cayenne GTS. It had better (bigger, flasher looking) brakes. And that's about it. And the Porsche badge, but at 150 gorillas, I'll take the SQ5 and a Mustang instead
What about a Macan S? Audi just frightens me to death the way the prices drop as nobody wants near them out of warranty. Friend of mine has a $290,000 S8, he can't get 20k for it now... And the upper end Audi/VW stuff like Touareg etc, their worth nothing out of warranty, dealers don't even near want them.. My friend with the S8 might be buying an XR8 or G6ET next, as another piddly little thing went wrong with the S8 that cost him another $3500 and he is over it.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:58 PM   #74
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
What about a Macan S? Audi just frightens me to death the way the prices drop as nobody wants near them out of warranty. Friend of mine has a $290,000 S8, he can't get 20k for it now... And the upper end Audi/VW stuff like Touareg etc, their worth nothing out of warranty, dealers don't even near want them.. My friend with the S8 might be buying an XR8 or G6ET next, as another piddly little thing went wrong with the S8 that cost him another $3500 and he is over it.
Your mate can get $20k for it man, I'll give it to him!

I get what you're saying, but I think that's more reflective of massive saloons more than being an Audi in this case. You can pick up LTD's and HSV Granges etc way cheaper than XR's or even SS's and these were horrifically expensive cars new by comparison. 7 series BMW's etc, S class Merc's, the list goes on.

In the Audi field, the RS's hold their value (relatively) well, an R8 is still bloody expensive and I don't reckon there'll be an Audi model that holds its value as well as an SQ5. The Q5 alone is their best seller and there are never any deals on them new. Q5's still fetch big money second hand.

The SQ5 sell for just $90k new and I know of a fella who just sold his 2013 one for $85k with 20,000km on it over here in Perth. We had a 4.2FSi 5 seat non-S line Q7 (which should be the hardest to sell- no one wants a 5 seat Q7 and no one wants a V8 petrol, especially at 100,000km) and we sold that privately within a week before we bought the SQ5. And I thought we got good money for it too, near double what we were offered anyway.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 02-02-2016, 03:51 PM   #75
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

A bit of a thread mine, but ran the wife's sq5 at the drags on Sunday.

13.4 at 98mph. Not bad!

2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
8 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #76
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Really quick oil burner!

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2016, 04:24 PM   #77
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
worst part of owning a diesel is filling up.... you never get any from the diesel smell clothes, hands, shoes etc the pumps and floors are always covered in it...
You waving the diesel pump around when filling up?

Its like sex, gotta make sure it in the hole before you get the action happening and once you have filled it up, ease it out and tap the nozzle against the sides of the hole
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2016, 04:55 PM   #78
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Really quick oil burner!

Three runs all within 0.002 of a second apart, crazy!

Used the hidden, unpublished launch control sequence but still, that's bloody good for something I decided to pull out of the car park and give a run! Baby seat in it, full of chairs and umbrellas, 21" wheels with who knows what tyre pressures etc! Drive around the water box, tc off, performance mode, full brake pedal full diesel pedal, redline and off the brake, 13.479,13.480, 13.481.

And 6.8L/100km there and back
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
2 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2016, 04:51 PM   #79
Robos F6

Awesome time for a diesel SUV. I've been watching these for a while and they are great value. Looks like it shoots out of the hole pretty quick.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:11 PM   #80
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Default Audi SQ5- humble pie tastes so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robos F6 View Post
Awesome time for a diesel SUV. I've been watching these for a while and they are great value. Looks like it shoots out of the hole pretty quick.

Launches hard at 1.8 60' stock.

Here's a video- click the link

http://s28.photobucket.com/user/jimt...tmuwr.mp4.html
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5