Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #61
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Mustangs out and about in Rockhampton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaldo View Post
Copied and paste from owners handbook;
TOWING A TRAILER
WARNING
Your vehicle is not approved for
trailer towing. Never tow a trailer with
your vehicle.

You would also think the Australian version of the Mustang would have a bulbar option in the accessories too

Also for those who didn't know, there is no spare tyre, The car comes with goo and an air compressor (also roadside assist), there is a $1200 option for a space saver spare, this is for EcoBoost model only
Yep, just went and looked at the webpage again...no towing package. That's going to be...useful for people who intend to, you know, use it like a...well, like a car, as opposed to a status symbol...

And no damn spare tyre?? Please...this is one of the biggest complaints buyers have about new cars of all makes and price levels, and what turns off people who don't intend to use it as a bloody show pony for weekends around the city.

Back when we were looking at cars here in Rocky the Holden dealer for one told us that all cars they sold had a full sized matching spare...none of this "no spare" or "space saver" crap, because they knew a lot of their buyers came from hundreds of kilometers inland and wouldn't stand for not having a spare. Seem to recall being told something similar at the Ford dealer too.

Last edited by 2011G6E; 10-01-2016 at 01:00 PM.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #62
MRFGXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Just thought id throw these up, took this "Ruby red" GT for a test drive at my ford dealer as I am buying one from them so they kindly let me . What can I say very very happy with it and now the wait will seem even longer, was like a kid in a candy store and loved ever second of the car. It also has a cat back exhaust that was fitted in the dealer so ill be throwing that on mine as well, sounded so much better than stock and it doesnt void the warranty as it bought and installed through the dealer, sounds much better than standard system which i was lucky to compare as I later that day came across the two mustangs in the pics below.

These two my partner and I were lucky to come across on the way back from Bathurst, Fastback was a GT and convertible a eco-boost they were doing a pro mo for ford so I dare say we will be seeing a add on tv very soon ;) best thing they are in the color im ordering "Race red" nice to be able to view the car in the flesh to see it other than a book. What can I say but very impressed. Standard note is nice but not as good as the Mustang driven earlier that day so Ill certainly be going for the after market cat back exhaust and window tint. ill put a pic up of that later on when the dealers car is done. Over all love the new mustang and honestly cant wait to get mine, Its a Race red GT with black stripes and the Nicklewheels, with sports exhaust and tint, and a rear spoiler but that wont go on straight away ill see if I like the idea of it first (if not it will be sold). I know ill get a back lash for what im about to say but honestly this looks much better than the fx falcon and I now know from experience it goes very well too. Cant wait to get mine its coming in the next batch.

6/6/16 build 2017 plate Race red mustang gt with white solid stripes, tint, x-force exhaust, rear spoiler, 35mm lowered Votgland springs

MRFGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2016, 03:42 PM   #63
nstg8a

Be a bit unusual for ford to use two red cars for a promo.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2016, 05:44 PM   #64
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSVPom View Post
Is this how the Aus spec taillights light up? Looks weird with only two out of the three stripes lit up. I guess we don't get the cool progressive turn signals either
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-01-2016, 07:58 PM   #65
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Is this how the Aus spec taillights light up? Looks weird with only two out of the three stripes lit up. I guess we don't get the cool progressive turn signals either
Pretty much. I recall a workmate who bought some older Buick who, even though it was (as required at the time) converted to RHD and complianced, someone missed that the thing didn't actually have yellow indicators...the brake light on whichever side you were signalling would flash on and off.
Got away with it for quite a while until Plod decided to take an interest and that's one of the reasons you see old 50's and 60's American stuff with god-awful aftermarket yellow indicator lights screwed on where ever...
Old 10-01-2016, 08:04 PM   #66
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like they use a top coat/gloss in the engine bay?
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2016, 08:12 PM   #67
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Noticed the hand brake is beside the passenger's seat. Looks like they couldn't be bothered moving it to the other side of the console.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:03 PM   #68
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

Quote:
All 3 light up as tail lights, brake lights are inside 2, indicator is outside. When indicating while tail lights are on, the outside light changes from red to yellow

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2016, 11:12 PM   #69
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I saw my first one today, yellow coupe in Airlie Beach (think the plates with PLAYMTE...in my head a very hot chick owns this), it is a stunning shape but Im going to stick with my thoughts that those tail lights are the worst decision in modern motoring recent history, completely kills the rear end and makes it look cheap. Why oh why wouldn't they just use red lenses for the brakes, two stage then with the outer and middle then split the inside ones for reverse and indicators.

Has anyone looked up after market versions for asia pacific mustangs yet? Also not a fan of the rear valance (bit in the lower rear bumper) being the body colour, that needs to be black ASAP.

Otherwise a smashing car.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2016, 11:52 PM   #70
Carrion

Exclamation Re: New Mustangs out and about in Rockhampton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I saw my first one today, yellow coupe in Airlie Beach (think the plates with PLAYMTE...in my head a very hot chick owns this)
That just made my day.

Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2016, 12:06 AM   #71
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I saw my first one today, yellow coupe in Airlie Beach (think the plates with PLAYMTE...in my head a very hot chick owns this), it is a stunning shape but Im going to stick with my thoughts that those tail lights are the worst decision in modern motoring recent history, completely kills the rear end and makes it look cheap. Why oh why wouldn't they just use red lenses for the brakes, two stage then with the outer and middle then split the inside ones for reverse and indicators.

Has anyone looked up after market versions for asia pacific mustangs yet? Also not a fan of the rear valance (bit in the lower rear bumper) being the body colour, that needs to be black ASAP.

Otherwise a smashing car.
Those taillights ruin the look totally, like a quad taillight design vehicle with blown taillights (e.g. Think VN or VL commodore with blown bulbs). They could at least make all 3 bulbs red, but the outer ones change to Orange when indicating... A simple concept if using LED taillights. First thing I would do is install proper USDM items and hope Mr Plod doesn't look twice...
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2016, 03:37 AM   #72
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
The light on the rear diffuser also appears the have a red centre lens where on the Yank models it’s all clear.

Also the US Spec show a small antenna at the rear of the roof and the Aussie cars have nothing.

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2016, 07:07 AM   #73
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
The light on the rear diffuser also appears the have a red centre lens where on the Yank models it’s all clear.

Also the US Spec show a small antenna at the rear of the roof and the Aussie cars have nothing.

The antenna is the SIRIUS satellite radio receiver I think, it's on the boot lid on my 2011.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #74
4stanger
Powered By EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
They are a nice looking car, but will they become too common? Like all the 86s and BRZs running around.
I doubt they will become too common,
there are some who do not like;
handbrake to far over on the left.
white tail lights.
no spare tyre
no vented bonnet
no line lock option
doors too long
no tow bar option
bonnet release on the passenger side
no sync 3
the 12 month + wait.
Etc., etc.
All personal preferences, but could or would be a deal breaker.
All good, makes Mustangs more exclusive
4stanger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2016, 01:23 PM   #75
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^ No deal breaker in that list for me.

Enjoy Arnaldo, these are worth the wait!
Old 11-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #76
stig_3754

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Yep, just went and looked at the webpage again...no towing package. That's going to be...useful for people who intend to, you know, use it like a...well, like a car, as opposed to a status symbol...
So basically, unless you have a towbar, then your car is just a status symbol???

It might be just a silly hunch, but I don't think too many Mustang buyers are interested in towing caravans
stig_3754 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #77
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stig_3754 View Post
So basically, unless you have a towbar, then your car is just a status symbol???

It might be just a silly hunch, but I don't think too many Mustang buyers are interested in towing caravans
Australians are a funny bunch...I've seen plenty of boats, caravans, and trailers being towed by "exclusive" FPV and HSV cars around the place...we tend to use cars here, even limited number ones, rather than polish and look at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaldo View Post
All good, makes Mustangs more exclusive
That's what I'm afraid of...should be going for the reverse like in the states where they're "just another car" and nothing overly special (until you get up in the spec range of course).
As I said, volume is what keeps a car profitable and keeps the bean counters happy, and unlike low volume FPV and HSV vehicles, there's no mass above them of "ordinary" models of the same basic car in vast numbers to subsidise and justify the small numbers.

Without volume and by catering to a small number of owners who, as I said, want to seem to smugly preen in their "exclusive" car and not be subjected to the horror of Joe Bloggs the brickie down the road driving one in his overalls, then it will go the way of the dodo once the initial fizz wears off if they can't supply and maintain volume.

Last edited by 2011G6E; 11-01-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:39 PM   #78
4stanger