Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 04:03 PM   #11191
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Interesting they say they have 8 examples of cases from casual / fleeting contacts. But it just so happens that the 2 that they used as examples a couple of days ago, are the only two that have come up as false positives

Do I smell a mole?
They are just using any bull**** they can to justify their lockdowns. The incompetence of the Vic government is on show once again. When is someone going to be held accountable for this? It's one thing after another with these clowns, and yet no one ever faces any consequences
4 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2021, 06:28 PM   #11192
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

It is not over: Indian Covid variant among latest cases

Quote:
The Covid variant that ravaged India has been detected among the latest cases in Victoria with the strain believed to have been passed between students at a primary school.

‘FLEETING’ TRANSMISSION CASES FALSE POSITIVES

Acting Premier James Merlino admitted on Friday morning that he only learned of the false positive cases overnight on Thursday, after the extended lockdown was announced.

He refused to answer further questions on the timeline of when the government was told by health authorities about the cases.

Mr Merlino could not say how many people have been released from quarantine because of the false positive news.

WEIMAR SORRY FOR INFLAMMATORY LANGUAGE
COVID-19 testing commander Jeroen Weimar has apologised if the state government’s language about new cases and fleeting contacts were “inflammatory”.

“I apologise if people think I am being inflammatory,” Mr Weimar said.

STATE CALLS FOR MORE VACCINE ALLOCATION
The state government has asked the Commonwealth to double its vaccine allocation as demand for the jab soars.

Mr Merlino insisted on Friday morning that the state government also had to store adequate supplies to administer second doses to Victorians.

This is causing growing frustration within the federal government, which has designed the rollout so that the Commonwealth is responsible for maintaining adequate supplies to cover second doses.

Sources involved in the rollout said Victoria’s insistence on stockpiling doses was reducing the number available to be administered now.

FALSE POSITIVES ‘ALARMING’: KENNETT
Former premier Jeff Kennett said the false positives had needlessly alarmed communities.

“Another Fawlty Towers example of failure,” he said. “While thousands of employees stood down. Tragic.”

PUSH TO MOVE QUEEN’S BIRTHDAY TO SAVE REGIONAL VIC ECONOMY
Regional councils and tourism bodies are calling for the Queen’s Birthday public holiday to be moved if Melburnians remain in Covid lockdown.

Indigo Shire Mayor Jenny O’Connor said the region’s tourism market was based on travellers from Melbourne and a loss of city visitors would hurt trade o
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/coronav...43e535b4553652
Old 04-06-2021, 07:01 PM   #11193
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The saying 'don't be ****ing down my back and tell me it's raining' comes to mind a lot these days
This user likes this post:
Old 04-06-2021, 07:16 PM   #11194
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Plot thickens.
  • A Melbourne family of 4 tests positive to this new 'Delta' strain after holidaying in NSW.
  • The 'Delta' strain is not the same strain (Kappa) that leaked from SA quarantine and caused the VIC outbreak.
  • It is in fact the same strain that was last detected in NSW by the infected 'BBQ man' early in May.

So.. where exactly did this Melbourne family contract the virus? VIC is suffering because of the incompetence of SA and NSW quarantine failures??
Old 04-06-2021, 07:23 PM   #11195
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Old 04-06-2021, 07:28 PM   #11196
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Last year we were told COVID doesn't infect or spread through children. Send your kids to school the PM said. It is absolutely safe to send kids to school he said.

And yesterday we were told a 2 year old has been infected with COVID and is in a Adelaide hospital.

So... is this the same COVID as last year, or something different? According to some internet experts, it's no different and is being 'hyped up' to justify VIC's lockdown.
Old 04-06-2021, 08:42 PM   #11197
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I mean I understand to some extent considering that painful lockdown last year the itchy trigger fingers but hundreds of thousands of tests of this 'beast' variant and they can't even knock up the ton in positive results. Zero detected in NSW or ACT so far

That is ultimately good from from a health perspective but another week of lockdown WTF?
2 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2021, 09:13 PM   #11198
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Daniel Andrews sends message to Victorians responding to latest Covid lockdown

“But please know that every individual effort you made today, and everything you’ll do tomorrow and every day after will save lives.
“Record tests, record vaccinations, record fight – we’re doing this to protect our communities, our state and the entire country.
“Be proud of what you’ve achieved and be proud of our state too.
“Keep fighting, Victoria.”

The Victorian government was tight-lipped yesterday when asked about his potential return to work this month. Mr Andrews initially pinpointed June as a potential return date.

https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...5de372abc5a90e
Old 04-06-2021, 09:35 PM   #11199
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I don't know, I can see big business moving out too. There's only so many times they want to keep re-opening and closing their doors.
I note the price of housing in country Victoria is on a large upward trend as Melbournites leave.
I thought QLD was home to the AFL these days.
Go back 14 months ago plenty of reasonably priced real estate was on the market but now prices are up and you will struggle to find any decent real estate at all except for run downs going for high prices.
Even to rent in rural Victoria is very competitive at the moment if you can find any.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:39 PM   #11200
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
They are just using any bull**** they can to justify their lockdowns. The incompetence of the Vic government is on show once again. When is someone going to be held accountable for this? It's one thing after another with these clowns, and yet no one ever faces any consequences
This government has gold standard in locking us down, this is one thing they cannot be accused of failing us Victorians.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2021, 11:25 PM   #11201
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was off work most of the week because I was sick but have WFH the past two days. I figured with the exposure sites in NSW I just wanted to tick the box and not be that guy because it would have been the first local transmission in the ACT for nearly a year

I wore a mask for the first time and got my first Covid test today. I don't know if the testing methods have changed so much but they only took a swab in the throat and a little bit in the nostrils and swirled it around. Nothing like the horror I have heard about getting swabs rammed into your brain

I got a text just then that said

Quote:
X pathology
Dear X, Ref X, collected on 04-Jun-2021.
SARS-CoV-2 RNA was "Not Detected".
NOTE: You must remain in isolation and continue to follow your doctor's instructions until you have discussed this result with them. Repeat testing may be needed in some circumstances.
Well I didn't get it done at a doctor, they are closed for the weekend so WTF am I free or still in iso?
Old 05-06-2021, 09:02 AM   #11202
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Melbourne outbreak takes a dangerous turn with mystery mutant cases

Quote:
The discovery of the dangerous COVID-19 delta variant in two Victorian families has sparked a scramble to find the source, most likely from a breach of hotel quarantine, and introduced more uncertainty into the length of Melbourne’s lockdown.

The investigation of the source of the delta variant is focused on the family who travelled to Jervis Bay and Goulburn in southern NSW over four days from May 21, but with NSW officials saying there is no genomic link to the so-called BBQ man and his wife – who also had the delta variant.
https://www.afr.com/policy/health-an...0210604-p57y5c
Old 05-06-2021, 09:19 AM   #11203
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I was off work most of the week because I was sick but have WFH the past two days. I figured with the exposure sites in NSW I just wanted to tick the box and not be that guy because it would have been the first local transmission in the ACT for nearly a year

I wore a mask for the first time and got my first Covid test today. I don't know if the testing methods have changed so much but they only took a swab in the throat and a little bit in the nostrils and swirled it around. Nothing like the horror I have heard about getting swabs rammed into your brain

I got a text just then that said

Well I didn't get it done at a doctor, they are closed for the weekend so WTF am I free or still in iso?
I was tested last week, the third time I’ve had it done and it was notably different to the first two and much the same as yours.

The mouth/throat part was similar to the first two times but nose was only just in the nostrils rather than the brain massage it had been previously.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:34 AM   #11204
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I must admit one thing. It's all well and good to take your freedom for granted.

I have not done much but gone to work and the shops most of the last year so thought iso wouldn't be a big deal but it's another thing entirely not having that choice. Must suck living in Vic big time.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:09 AM   #11205
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So I called the helpline to get some clarity but ended up with the same BS. I have a text saying I'm negative so get ****ed, I'm not iso the whole weekend. **** me how dumb is that.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:58 AM   #11206
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
So I called the helpline to get some clarity but ended up with the same BS. I have a text saying I'm negative so get ****ed, I'm not iso the whole weekend. **** me how dumb is that.
With your other post with the comment of isolating my interpretation of that is if you are being treated by a GP it would be up to them if they thought you needed more testing or isolation if your symptoms persist.
If you are not seeing a GP then it is not relevant, do as you please would be my opinion.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2021, 11:32 AM   #11207
slowsnake
Banned

Haven't heard much about the injections against covid-19 in this thread?
My GP and thoracic physicians and surgeons have been trying to force Astra Zeneca onto me, I refused, my choice not theirs, told em I will accept Pfizer or nothing!

Had my flu shot, and because I live in Perth we have not seen or experienced what the Eastern states have.
A year ago we had 2 weeks of mask wearing and hand sanitising then back to normal, well normal for WA!
This virus depending on your beliefs about life and what constitutes "normal" has really made folk think!..most folk never think, they just act like automatons, day in and day out there is a "sameness" as they go about their business, and social media, the crap TV shows, they call it reality TV?
Oh really, I can't see real life or reality on my TV, I see garbage, one person trying to influence anothers decisions about what, about nothing that borders on reality.

Once in awhile this Earth seems to go through a cleansing process, maybe a good old World War or a big virus, like the Spanish flu over 100 years ago, well that stopped everyone dead in their tracks,,,excuse the pun!
But just like a motor car you have to find the cause of a problem before you can fix it, this covid virus is the same, can't fix it until we find the cause?

Cheers Billy.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:43 AM   #11208
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
You're not alone in this. There have been plenty of people (and even their close contacts) in NSW who have recieved a "negative" or "inconclusive" result and told to isolate until further notice. I posted about this last year HERE. Something dodgy going on for sure.

Possibly NSW's way of controlling the "numbers" to keep the state open? Don't report the true numbers, isolate cases, further tests until not infectious, and we can keep the state "open". The way NSW clusters seem to "vanish" as quickly as they come up is.. umm.. just amazing.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:49 AM   #11209
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
With your other post with the comment of isolating my interpretation of that is if you are being treated by a GP it would be up to them if they thought you needed more testing or isolation if your symptoms persist.
If you are not seeing a GP then it is not relevant, do as you please would be my opinion.
That is what is the confusing part. I didn't go to a GP , I just got a test so I can't follow up. As far as I'm concerned I'm good to go
Old 05-06-2021, 12:00 PM   #11210
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
You're not alone in this. There have been plenty of people (and even their close contacts) in NSW who have recieved a "negative" or "inconclusive" result and told to isolate until further notice. I posted about this last year HERE. Something dodgy going on for sure.

Possibly NSW's way of controlling the "numbers" to keep the state open? Don't report the true numbers, isolate cases, further tests until not infectious, and we can keep the state "open". The way NSW clusters seem to "vanish" as quickly as they come up is.. umm.. just amazing.
Jeez mate. I don't live in NSW so it's not relevant to me that much but if they were fudging numbers than ACT sure as **** wouldn't have been free of local transmission for nearly a year. Too much travel between NSW and ACT to be just lucky.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:02 PM   #11211
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Jeez mate. I don't live in NSW so it's not relevant to me that much but if they were fudging numbers than ACT sure as **** wouldn't have been free of local transmission for nearly a year. Too much travel between NSW and ACT to be just lucky.
Aww c'mon, don't spoil his dreams!
Old 05-06-2021, 12:18 PM   #11212
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
I don't live in NSW so it's not relevant to me
Let's get real mate, the ACT is just another suburb of NSW.

NSW is Mom, ACT is the baby. And what Mum says goes.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:20 PM   #11213
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 4th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

13 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.018%.

1 case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.969% and active cases 17.

The UK had a higher 6,138 cases yesterday and 11 deaths.

Just over 18k new cases in the USA yesterday and 671 deaths sees CMR at 1.790%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 173M, the last 1M taking 2 days;
Asia passes 52M cases;
Asia passes 700k deaths;

Eritrea (282);
Suriname (333);
Uganda (1,247); and
Colombia (30,000)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-06-2021, 12:23 PM   #11214
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
That is what is the confusing part. I didn't go to a GP , I just got a test so I can't follow up. As far as I'm concerned I'm good to go
I assume your email is just a generic response , what I do know is that if you have had tested positive you will be contacted numerous times each day by your health department via phone calls and home visits and have more tests done until you are given the all clear from them, my comment comes from personal experience with a family member who was stricken with the virus.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #11215
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Let's get real mate, the ACT is just another suburb of NSW.

NSW is Mom, ACT is the baby. And what Mum says goes.
To a point that is true because of the unique borders.. It's good to be surrounded by the Golden Standard State though
4 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #11216
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

As we have seen from the stats, North America and Europe have been well down in case numbers but this has been offset to some extent by increases in South America and Asia so I though it was time to see how the global case and mortality trends are looking.

Global cases are still growing at the same rate as the upper trend line although there might just be a slight tapering in the latter part.

However, global mortalities are starting to move away from the upper trend line a bit:

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2021, 01:32 PM   #11217
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

So, let's drill down on the continents a little and look at the trends for selected countries.

Starting with Asia (and excluding India), the group with the highest case numbers are mostly showing a similar recent trend with four of the six countries having their highest peaks in late April and only Azerbaijan still trending upward...

The next group of countries is not so consistent with both Nepal and Indonesia trending steeply upward to new peaks while Indonesia is starting to trend upward again after a January peak.

The final group is also a mixed bag. They mostly reached new peaks over the last few months but Bahrain is still climbing steeply while Uzbekistan and Armenia are also still trending slightly upward.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 05-06-2021 at 02:03 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2021, 01:40 PM   #11218
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
So, let's drill down on the continents a little and look at the trends for selected countries.

Starting with Asia (and excluding India), the group with the highest case numbers are mostly showing a similar recent trend with four of the six countries having their highest peaks in late April and only Azerbaijan still trending upward...

The next group of countries is not so consistent with both Nepal and Indonesia trending steeply upward to new peaks while Indonesia is starting to trend upward again after a January peak.

The final group is also a mixed bag. They mostly reached new peaks over the last few months but Bahrain is still climbing steeply while Uzbekistan and Armenia are also still trending slightly upward.

Wrong chart for the last one Russ
Old 05-06-2021, 02:03 PM   #11219
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Next up is South America.

The first three countries show Brazil coming off a recent peak - one that had pretty much continued to grow since day 1, while Argentina and Colombia are still climbing toward whatever that peaks ends up being.

The next group show a similar pattern to the first with three of the countries (Peru, Chile and Ecuador) coming off a recent peak; albeit at different rates of decline, while Uruguay and Paraguay are still trending upward.

The final two countries show opposing trends. Bolivia is still trending steeply upward and probably hasn't peaked yet while Venezuela peaked recently and is now trending downward.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2021, 02:08 PM   #11220
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Wrong chart for the last one Russ
Fixed.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread