Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #91
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobbo
No I haven't, although I saw one tonight as I was picking up my takeaway in South Melbs - weird - there can't be many S's around.

A few years back a 22 year old chap took me on a joy ride through Holborn (London) at lunch time, in a DB9 convertable with the roof down - the noise coming off the buildings was insane...

Probably not too far off a DBS given the motors are fairly similar.

Still, this thread is about V8's...
well i feel like an idiot. must concentrate on names off threads.
so now its back to my third choice of the c63
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #92
Grobbo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper69S
probably about 15 years ago - back when I was in SA, an old hq/hx era monaro went past us at full noise, and I thought was being followed by another one from the sound that was coming but was pretty surprised to see an 80's SL Merc chasing him - I'd never heard one of them sound that good before
geez, must've sounded good if you remember it from 15 years ago!

I'm just glad there are some other exhaust note nutters like me out there!
Grobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #93
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Obviously the AMG M156 is one of the best sounding V8's out there today and it's such a shame they will be ditching them soon...bloody emission laws !!

Nearly everyone has heard the awesome C63 with it's custom made Eisenmann 2.5" exhaust but have a listen to the M159 in the new SLS AMG trotting around the streets of Hollywood with Mr Leno at the wheel...now this is V8 muscle at it's finest !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tetkHnteoZM

C63/SL63 are both a close second for me while the SLR comes in at 3rd place.

Firing order has a lot to do with how these V8's sound and the Euro carmakers (especially Audi) have found the right order to get a mean note from a small capacity.

Here's the official SL63 AMG F1 safety car doing some laps...ENJOY!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEKdLroZcjo

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #94
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

^^^^^^^^^wooooow^^^^^^^^^that sounds bloody great
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #95
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

One of the main reasons I took on a C63 was because of it's amazing V8 sound. C63 is my pick.
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post