Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-03-2020, 02:22 PM   #1
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Marriage - Bliss or Prison?

Because of my wife's illness we can shop at Wollies online, I stated that even me going shopping puts her at risk LG, they are only doing home deliveries for vulnerable people

I have been ordered to work at home, work has great technology that allows us to do that, I can even access my works server drives from my own PC, the drive appears in my explorer.

My wife has shut down her home run child care service (Family Day Care) as she is vulnerable, potentially 4-6 parents a day coming into the house (with their kids) was too much of a risk for her and others kids. Luckily I earn a wage good enough to see us through, we can't go anywhere to spend anything anyway.

Like you, we have been together 45 years. we actually like each others company so being locked up together is no big deal. If I was a bit younger I would be 'pestering' her a bit more than I do now. LOL

Last edited by Trevor 57; 28-03-2020 at 02:28 PM.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 05:08 PM   #2
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Because of my wife's illness we can shop at Wollies online, I stated that even me going shopping puts her at risk LG, they are only doing home deliveries for vulnerable people

I have been ordered to work at home, work has great technology that allows us to do that, I can even access my works server drives from my own PC, the drive appears in my explorer.

My wife has shut down her home run child care service (Family Day Care) as she is vulnerable, potentially 4-6 parents a day coming into the house (with their kids) was too much of a risk for her and others kids. Luckily I earn a wage good enough to see us through, we can't go anywhere to spend anything anyway.

Like you, we have been together 45 years. we actually like each others company so being locked up together is no big deal. If I was a bit younger I would be 'pestering' her a bit more than I do now. LOL

No-one delivers near us. The nearest Coles would be about 110km and the nearest Woolies about 80km.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 06:59 PM   #3
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

well Trev, were not all in your age group mate for I know you have no kids living at home.......
I have my 14yr old daughter and younger wifey who like watching alot of shows I normally wouldn't pick thats for sure but I'm at the back of our large lounge room on my laptop either work emails or surfing the net but with a 75cm tv way down yonder from me with great sound what can I do.
I look up now and then for there is some not bad sorts now and then (yet they are ****ed up) and I can't help but hear whats going on and my wife's and daughters comments.
Besides mate, I'm sure I'm way luckier than you still getting it regularly, the wife can watch whatever she likes for I love being around her lol

I'm glad mine has got sick of home renos shows, bore me to tears and I know my back pocket is going to take a HIT !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 08:35 PM   #4
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
I'm sure I'm way luckier than you still getting it regularly
never said I wasn't

My wife loves those home reno shows on 9 Life, I can't ****ing stand those over the top Yanks, ****ing do my head in, however there are 2 I don't mind, they are:
1. Fixer Upper (Chip and Joanna Gaines, he is a funny ****er, she is pretty down to earth and a little hot)
2. Restored (love the old houses being bought back to near original)

that is the extent of it

We spend most of our time (not all, but most) on SBS on Demand and Netflix
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2020, 09:58 PM   #5
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
never said I wasn't

My wife loves those home reno shows on 9 Life, I can't ****ing stand those over the top Yanks, ****ing do my head in, however there are 2 I don't mind, they are:
1. Fixer Upper (Chip and Joanna Gaines, he is a funny ****er, she is pretty down to earth and a little hot)
2. Restored (love the old houses being bought back to near original)

that is the extent of it

We spend most of our time (not all, but most) on SBS on Demand and Netflix

Barnwood Builders
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2020, 03:05 PM   #6
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Barnwood Builders
Stone house revival.

Building offgrid.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2020, 02:50 PM   #7
MercuryT
Banned

My wife divorced me because i couldn't get an erection.

I had evidence to the contrary but it wouldn't stand up in Court.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2020, 03:10 PM   #8
MercuryT
Banned

A massive FU to my Ex Wife who screwed me over completely and stole my daughter.

Just needed to get that off my chest.........ha ; )

Happy Mother's Day though to all the brilliant mum's and wives out there!!!
Old 05-06-2020, 11:04 PM   #9
zilo
BANNED

Got married cause I liked the girl.
Kids came along and all the usual novelties.

The advice I give my 3 sons is "dont rush it guys, we are not an endangered species, take your time having kids...no rush"

Eldest is now 35 so it has worked....

Hell...noone wants to sleep with a grandma...
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2020, 12:48 AM   #10
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Got married cause I liked the girl.
Kids came along and all the usual novelties.

The advice I give my 3 sons is "dont rush it guys, we are not an endangered species, take your time having kids...no rush"

Eldest is now 35 so it has worked....

Hell...noone wants to sleep with a grandma...
That's interesting mate.

My marriage was fine (nothing is perfect) yet having a child ruined it completely. (I love my Daughter and don't regret at all)

Apparently very common in relationships with trust etc that are only exposed when tested (too late for me!)
Old 06-06-2020, 02:26 AM   #11
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
That's interesting mate.

My marriage was fine (nothing is perfect) yet having a child ruined it completely. (I love my Daughter and don't regret at all)

Apparently very common in relationships with trust etc that are only exposed when tested (too late for me!)
Got a couple of mates who lived "the nightmare."
The common theme is that there's always someone who coaches them in what their "rights" are and how they shouldn't let HIM tell them what to do....and how to make him pay for...whatever.

It's usually another divorcee who coaches them....just an observation.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2020, 12:49 AM   #12
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I've worked with a few blokes that have had the 'pleasure' of dealing with CSA. They're all about keeping the CSA out of it if possible. The system is ****ed.

It should be about getting deadbeats to pay but it seems more about screwing dads as much as they can.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2020, 12:57 PM   #13
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Yeah I've worked with a few blokes that have had the 'pleasure' of dealing with CSA. They're all about keeping the CSA out of it if possible. The system is ****ed.

It should be about getting deadbeats to pay but it seems more about screwing dads as much as they can.
I have full custody of my son, yet cause my ex is a deadbeat who’s on the dole she is only required to pay $7 a fortnight child support. Wtf is $7 a fortnight going to provide? I told her don’t even bother paying it cause it’s worthless to help provide for him.

I’m not crying poor cause my fiancee and i are on a decent combined wage, and have built a new house. But if the tables were turned and he was with his mum she would be taking 20% of my wage which would be a few hundred a week.

Such equality.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2020, 05:53 PM   #14
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I have full custody of my son, yet cause my ex is a deadbeat who’s on the dole she is only required to pay $7 a fortnight child support. Wtf is $7 a fortnight going to provide? I told her don’t even bother paying it cause it’s worthless to help provide for him.

I’m not crying poor cause my fiancee and i are on a decent combined wage, and have built a new house. But if the tables were turned and he was with his mum she would be taking 20% of my wage which would be a few hundred a week.

Such equality.
The fact you have full custody is reward enough. I know hundreds of guys that would do anything to have full custody.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2020, 06:07 PM   #15
mondeomatureguy

Hi guys,
well its not just Custody problems that guys have.
Because my ex and I didn't have kids we never had this problem when we went to court.

The day I went to court my ex wife had a really good female Solicitor and she had me by the B***S. I was told "because my earning capacity was greater then hers and she was award our house that I paid for with only owing 20k left on the mortgage.

I got some money but not near enough and when my Solicitor said "I should appeal" I just couldn't afford too.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2020, 06:35 PM   #16
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeomatureguy View Post
Hi guys,
well its not just Custody problems that guys have.
Because my ex and I didn't have kids we never had this problem when we went to court.

The day I went to court my ex wife had a really good female Solicitor and she had me by the B***S. I was told "because my earning capacity was greater then hers and she was award our house that I paid for with only owing 20k left on the mortgage.

I got some money but not near enough and when my Solicitor said "I should appeal" I just couldn't afford too.
Funny how solicitors say there is absolutely nothing wrong with the current system.

It's because they get paid for attendance not performance.

When meeting lawyers, they talk big and tough, promise this and that then as soon as they get into the court room they are as tough as a wet tissue and just say yes and agree to anything and everything the judge suggests without correction or reply that could possibly help their client.

Then they walk out of the court room, client fuming, lawyer said that they could 'read' the judges face and knew what the outcome was going to be before they even opened their mouth so best not **** them off further.

'Give the judge a good impression and show you are willing to negotiate'. Yes, no matter what lies and falsehoods are mentioned.

Of course, you don't like that, I will gladly help you appeal where I will once again talk tough, promise the earth and possibly get you a slightly better outcome that will be only 1/4 of the eventual legal fees I will charge you.

The whole system is a corrupt ponzi scheme made to transfer wealth away from families and children to lawyers and barristers that do all they can to promote litigation, fill clients with false hope and then blame 'the system' when they don't come through.

All my lawyers and barristers put in as much effort at defending my case as a year 8 debating student... and to think they were once normal people with a conscience.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:20 PM   #17
MercuryT
Banned

I pay over 10K a year for not seeing my Daughter at all.

She remarried a rich guy so now doesn't work, so my CSA payments went up dramatically as her income is zero.

So whilst fully capable of working and doesn't need any money (she was given an 80K Audi for her Birthday by new husband), still gets a huge amount of financial support and makes my situation even worse.

The system is entirely ridiculous.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #18
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
I pay over 10K a year for not seeing my Daughter at all.

She remarried a rich guy so now doesn't work, so my CSA payments went up dramatically as her income is zero.

So whilst fully capable of working and doesn't need any money (she was given an 80K Audi for her Birthday by new husband), still gets a huge amount of financial support and makes my situation even worse.

The system is entirely ridiculous.
Amazing isn't it. CS are happy to let another bloke be father to a child that isn't his but then refuse to take his income into consideration and still drains the real father to pay others for the privilege of raising the kids..

How wonderful...

4 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2020, 06:29 PM   #19
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Amazing isn't it. CS are happy to let another bloke be father to a child that isn't his but then refuse to take his income into consideration and still drains the real father to pay others for the privilege of raising the kids..

How wonderful...
Spot on. It's completely ridiculous if not bordering on bizarre.....
Old 06-06-2020, 08:44 PM   #20
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

How wonderful...
That is such bull****. They really need to take into consideration the whole situation. It’s funny how the government takes both incomes into consideration when it comes to things like centrelink and other benefits, but choose to ignore it when it comes to working out child support.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #21
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
That is such bull****. They really need to take into consideration the whole situation. It’s funny how the government takes both incomes into consideration when it comes to things like centrelink and other benefits, but choose to ignore it when it comes to working out child support.
My discussions with CSA have been bizarre to say the least.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #22
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

There is a joke floating around the various men's groups that it's cheaper to arrange for the other parent to go 'missing', you know the outcome straight away, and should you get caught you will receive an outcome faster than going through family court.

Last edited by nuthin' fancy; 07-06-2020 at 11:24 AM. Reason: quotes deleted post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2020, 08:28 PM   #23
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Speaking from experiance are we ?

Last edited by nuthin' fancy; 07-06-2020 at 11:25 AM. Reason: quotes deleted post
buggerlugs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2020, 08:46 PM   #24
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

I haven't cohabited since I was 21 and I've never married nor had kids, but I've seen plenty of blokes go down that sewer.

I was with my ex for 15 years and we are still friends, but she always had the same income and asset base as I did. She is a good decent woman I just couldn't stand her issues.

My mother is evil. I learned as a kid how bad it could go and was always cautious.
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2020, 09:04 PM   #25
290v
290v

Dick and Julianne Johnson are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary today 6/6/70 congratulations to you both for a great mine stone
2 users like this post:
Old 06-06-2020, 09:26 PM   #26
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290v View Post
Dick and Julianne Johnson are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary today 6/6/70 congratulations to you both for a great mine stone
For every bad story there are plenty of good ones. 46 years for my folks this year. 22 years for my wife and I this year.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:35 PM   #27
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I got married 2 years ago and it's ok so far.

Having said that we were engaged for 38 years before that............................I mean, you can't go rushing into these things!
Old 06-06-2020, 10:02 PM   #28
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post

Having said that we were engaged for 38 years before that............................I mean, you can't go rushing into these things!
2 years??

Still in honeymoon phase

4 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2020, 07:46 PM   #29
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post

Same. Wifey and I have been together since our teens and that’s 38 years. I love her as much now as I did then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-06-2020, 07:48 PM   #30
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Same. Wifey and I have been together since our teens and that’s 38 years. I love her as much now as I did then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've been with mine for nearly 30 years too

Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: