Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #91
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: September VFACTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
Kuga has a full glass roof! With no availability to open it at all, and the "shade" cloth is full of holes, so you always get the sun in! Not good for Australia.

Glass roof should have a proper "full" curtain or at least the availability to open roof like a sunroof.
The panorama roof on the Titanium, Trend doesn't have it and yes having a fixed panorama roof in Australia is dumb.
Perhaps Ford should be putting a decent tint on them at no charge to avoid any concerns about sunburn and skin cancer..
My last three new cars have been tinted before delivery, the difference that makes to internal temperatures is phenomenal.

Pleas don think this as being a Ford apologist but a lot of vehicles have issues with heat, glass and sunburn in our country,
I just take it at a give that people naturally go for some form of tinting on windows to reduce UV by 99% and improve A/C efficiency.
If you were serious about the titanium Kuga, then I'm sure the dealer would be keen remove any concerns regarding the glass roof..

Last edited by jpd80; 06-10-2012 at 05:50 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #92
rdmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Want sales ? Just make this already

Totally agree, a Territory dual cab would be terrific. And they could call it a family cab!
rdmr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #93
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
The panorama roof on the Titanium, Trend doesn't have it and yes having a fixed panorama roof in Australia is dumb.
Perhaps Ford should be putting a decent tint on them at no charge to avoid any concerns about sunburn and skin cancer..
My last three new cars have been tinted before delivery, the difference that makes to internal temperatures is phenomenal.

Pleas don think this as being a Ford apologist but a lot of vehicles have issues with heat, glass and sunburn in our country,
I just take it at a give that people naturally go for some form of tinting on windows to reduce UV by 99% and improve A/C efficiency.
If you were serious about the titanium Kuga, then I'm sure the dealer would be keen remove any concerns regarding the glass roof..
Pretty sure all auto glass nowadays is UV sheilded from the factory.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #94
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Isn't that what the Ranger is for?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #95
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
Isn't that what the Ranger is for?
Ranger is great, but it is still a light truck with a ladder chassis, light truck tyres and a agri engine and interior. Last month three dual cabs were in the top 10 sellers list and I think the market is starting to fragment enough with them becoming family cars and daily drivers that they could bring out a passenger car based ute. But who knows, probably a lot more other cars they could bring out first.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #96
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:

At first I thought "here we go" but that chop looks the goods!

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #97
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Ranger is great, but it is still a light truck with a ladder chassis, light truck tyres and a agri engine and interior. Last month three dual cabs were in the top 10 sellers list and I think the market is starting to fragment enough with them becoming family cars and daily drivers that they could bring out a passenger car based ute. But who knows, probably a lot more other cars they could bring out first.
I agree. I am now in the position that I need a dual cab because of having a young family. I am dreading having to own a truck based dual cab, I would much prefer a car based one. That is the reason I bought an RTV (and an XLS before that) in the first place. A Territory dual cab would be ideal for me. Sadly I don't see this happening and the RTV is on the market and the search begins for a 'truck'.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #98
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
I know certain FF members will see my comment as negative but please price them competively..KUGA is over priced.. Anyone have sales figures for Kuga.
?
I saw the sales figures posted up at work and I think the Kuga sold 80 something. They were expecting sales of at least 200 a month and it's never even gone close.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #99
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Um... what?! Just get an F-150!
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #100
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Pretty sure all auto glass nowadays is UV sheilded from the factory.
You would think so until you realise just how much work window tinting contractors do,
my wife's CX-7 had not tint on the glass, we sat in in before purchase and it was boiling hot
but we had the windows tinted before delivery, and now on hot exposed days only the
steering wheel and dash gets hot, something a dash cover cures.....
Old 06-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #101
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
I agree. I am now in the position that I need a dual cab because of having a young family. I am dreading having to own a truck based dual cab, I would much prefer a car based one. That is the reason I bought an RTV (and an XLS before that) in the first place. A Territory dual cab would be ideal for me. Sadly I don't see this happening and the RTV is on the market and the search begins for a 'truck'.
Yep. Friends of my dad just bought a low km last of the crewman utes in SS form cos they didnt want a dual cab "pickup"
Old 06-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #102
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I saw the sales figures posted up at work and I think the Kuga sold 80 something. They were expecting sales of at least 200 a month and it's never even gone close.
Frustrating because the restricted product mix, I look at the new US Escape with 1.6 Ecoboost, 2.5 I-4 and 2.0 Ecoboost
and just know that a 2.0 TCDI combined with one or several of those petrol engines would do way better..

We read of slow sales in Europe yet FoE cannot spare diesels for Australia, really sucks that dealers miss on key product,
but hopefully that underscores more than ever the need for FAPA to do the production themselves...

Last edited by jpd80; 06-10-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #103
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Our first set of graphical statistics are uploaded into the Tech Portal now.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #104
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Russ,
For some of you who may be disheartened by Territory sales last month, sales were down across that segment:
Quote:
Territory had a solid month with sales of 1,096 top spot went to the Toyota Prado (1,204) and the Toyota Kluger (1,110) took 2nd spot.
So Territory's 1,096 was a mere 14 sales behind second and 108 sales behind first..

Escape/ Kuga = 50/67 respectively.
All of us are waiting for Ford to bring the nw Escape/Kuga next year, having lower prices
a 2.5 I-4 and diesel option will really boost sales along by better connecting with Aussie buyers.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #105
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The diesel option will be the missing piece it needs. Diesel SUV's dominate sales in their class.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #106
stevz
Banned

I don't know why Ford Aus even bothered bringing the current Kuga in. They should have just started fresh with the new model.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #107
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
I don't know why Ford Aus even bothered bringing the current Kuga in. They should have just started fresh with the new model.
Well they don't lose anything and it establishes the Kuga name as a premium product as opposed to bringing it in as an Escape when the outgoing model had been overlooked and looks cheap and nasty.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #108
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think I sound like a broken record, but pricing is the biggest issue. I wish their pricing strategy reverted back to what Ford used to do with pricing - big car for the price of a small. Most buyers pick small cars over large purely due to price, the fuel economy aspect is way down the list of priorities, hence record SUV sales.

i think your right Brazen, i know in my own case the thought of buying a newer/new car came up a while ago and while fuel is a consideration i can in a bad month drive a bit less or budget for the fuel, but i know that in my financial position and the cost of anything above a small car is going to hurt me with fixed costs(repayments) on a monthly basis, so i would expect out right price to be a high priority for many as well as myself,
if you could drop 10 k off your outright purchase, weekly payments and the monthly budget would be far less painful , some of these car makers are playing hard ball with prices and car loan interest rates and warranties, if Ford wan`ts a bigger share of the pie, i think they will have to sharpen their pencils even more.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #109
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
i think your right Brazen, i know in my own case the thought of buying a newer/new car came up a while ago and while fuel is a consideration i can in a bad month drive a bit less or budget for the fuel, but i know that in my financial position and the cost of anything above a small car is going to hurt me with fixed costs(repayments) on a monthly basis, so i would expect out right price to be a high priority for many as well as myself,
if you could drop 10 k off your outright purchase, weekly payments and the monthly budget would be far less painful , some of these car makers are playing hard ball with prices and car loan interest rates and warranties, if Ford wan`ts a bigger share of the pie, i think they will have to sharpen their pencils even more.
And what if "sharpening pencils" adds no extra sales over what is being achieved now with the higher prices?
At some point, a manufacturer has to say enough with discounting and just value add to vehicles instead.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #110
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
And what if "sharpening pencils" adds no extra sales over what is being achieved now with the higher prices?
At some point, a manufacturer has to say enough with discounting and just value add to vehicles instead.
you maybe right mate, but my take on it is
approximatly 30 different cars in US
60 different cars in OZ
and other competitors here are fighting tooth and nail for a slice of the pie, with cheap prices, lots of enticements, regardless of whether falcon or other ford models are technically a better safer car than many on the market people seem to be buying more for money saving and value added vehicles, for example instead of having 2 cars a ute and sedan they get a dual cab,

instead of having one big sedan they buy a medium and a micro car which may still work out cheaper than one sedan ..... or an SUV that doubles as a wagon and the family runabout, in these cash strapped days i think people are going more with saving a dollar in the back of their mind by changing one type of vehicle for a more wallet saving and functional scenario in the long run, the only way i see it is to have an even better deal than the other companies, either that or just be prepared to have a small slice of the pie.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #111
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
you maybe right mate, but my take on it is
approximatly 30 different cars in US
60 different cars in OZ
and other competitors here are fighting tooth and nail for a slice of the pie, with cheap prices, lots of enticements, regardless of whether falcon or other ford models are technically a better safer car than many on the market people seem to be buying more for money saving and value added vehicles, for example instead of having 2 cars a ute and sedan they get a dual cab,

instead of having one big sedan they buy a medium and a micro car which may still work out cheaper than one sedan ..... or an SUV that doubles as a wagon and the family runabout, in these cash strapped days i think people are going more with saving a dollar in the back of their mind by changing one type of vehicle for a more wallet saving and functional scenario in the long run, the only way i see it is to have an even better deal than the other companies, either that or just be prepared to have a small slice of the pie.
Scary thought, instead of spending $230 million on the 900 Ecoboost Falcons they have sold so far - they could of reduced Falcon XT to $23,990 driveaway. In the process probably become the nations biggest selling car, improve the economies of scale and also reduce production line complexity by removing the Ecoboost engine and its transmission from inventory and production.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #112
XWGT