Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #91
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Default Re: Small cars aren't safe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
It wasn't my fault and they don't have to refund me the premium because the car was a total write-off, its in their PDS unfortunately.
He means your premium back from the person at fault?
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #92
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
He means your premium back from the person at fault?
Oh ok, I thought he meant insurance company, my bad.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #93
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

It's not technically a loss that you have occured as a result of the accident - i.e. if the accident had happened 1 day before your insurance was due and you hadn't paid it yet, would you attempt to hold the person responsible for money you had outlaid 364 days before the accident happened?

The timing of an accident and a total loss and when you pay your insurance premium is just luck ... can be really good luck or really bad luck ... but it's not a loss you have incurred as a result of the accident, so you will not be able to submit a claim to the court for compensation (you could try, but it won't succeed).
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #94
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta God
It's not technically a loss that you have occured as a result of the accident - i.e. if the accident had happened 1 day before your insurance was due and you hadn't paid it yet, would you attempt to hold the person responsible for money you had outlaid 364 days before the accident happened?

The timing of an accident and a total loss and when you pay your insurance premium is just luck ... can be really good luck or really bad luck ... but it's not a loss you have incurred as a result of the accident, so you will not be able to submit a claim to the court for compensation (you could try, but it won't succeed).
Right, thanks for that, might not bother in case I make myself look like a moron.
Old 15-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #95
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm glad you're OK Big Damo. But this concerns me about the Ford:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
the rear seatbase snapped off in the impact and hit the back of my seat,
What would have happened to a rear seat passenger?
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #96
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
I'm glad you're OK Big Damo. But this concerns me about the Ford:

What would have happened to a rear seat passenger?
I'd guess the rear pretensioners on the seatbelts would have fired and ripped them back into their spot and their weight probably would have kept the seat down, but no airbag for them so probably some sort of neck injury one would guess from their head snapping forwards.
Old 15-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #97
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

The rear seat snap is one I'll watch for in other crashes. Do you have a replacement yet? And Fords triangle? :-)

How's your body - neck etc after all these months??
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #98
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
The rear seat snap is one I'll watch for in other crashes. Do you have a replacement yet? And Fords triangle? :-)

How's your body - neck etc after all these months??
I got a new car a few weeks after the accident, after a big fight with my case worker with AAMI insurance, I made her job easy by organising the car, and then she ignores me and my salesman, then orders another car from another dealership, so all the sudden I had two cars, then she intentionally delayed payment to my salesman (thats what she said to us and him) and told us that we where both lying to each other then tells me well I have to pay for the other car.

I won out in the end, got the last LV MK1 TDCI 6sp manual in "Frozen White" in the country.

I don't have a warning triangle, probably would have been a good idea but instead we both stood in the middle of the freeway around my car talking for a good 2 minutes before we realised we should move out of the middle of the road.

In fact I've actually got nothing useful in my boot, chance to spend money I think, how much is the Ford triangle?

I'm fine, no problems, just had a lot of purple bruising from the seat belt and damage to my glasses and ringing ears for about a week.
Old 19-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #99
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

The Ford triangle is bugger all actually ... I remember seeing them in the Build & Price section ... was pretty cheap really.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post