Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #91
JAYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshvee
Yes I can... watch me... a stock gt is noisy or a noiser car than an f6. :
its not.
JAYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #92
Joshvee
A New Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBA
its not.
it is.
Old 17-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #93
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

ill blumun test drive two tomorrow and let yas know.hows a redback sound on it boys out: .actually ill compare the F6 to my auntys so wont need to test one of them.i know where my money is
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #94
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Yep, and that's exactly my point, you are a driving purist, and there a quite a few like you who want function over form, anyone who wanted the fastest, best handling, best braking Aussie 4 door sedan bought the F6..
But if it gets "out classed" by its bigger brother who already outsells it 2 : 1 with a distinct selling advantage based on engine note and name alone despite a perceived performance shortfall.. well then.....
As others have alluded to it depending on price points that both vehicles sit at, there maybe room for both, if the "performance advantage" justifies the extra price of the GT, or cheaper price for the F6 depending on where they sit them both may live happily side by side.
I hope the GT price remains about the same and the F6 drops back (relative) to where it was in the BA days..
I beg to differ.........sorry

The F6 may very well be the fastest blah blah blah.....
However, not all of us are enamoured with the way it delivers the power, the way it looks or the way it sounds. Horses for courses. Being a purist also embraces the fact that the driving experience should be a challenge , it should excite the senses , and it should be all about challenging yourself and mastering the individual car's capabilities / vices and virtues.......The way the WHOLE experience makes you feel....Its why cars like the LOTUS Elise were built........pure driving indulgence.

The fact that one person chooses to buy the F6 over the V8 does not automatically make them an instant driving "purist".........I have personally met plenty of GT and F6 owners to be able to make that as an informed statement.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #95
JAYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmore
ill blumun test drive two tomorrow and let yas know.hows a redback sound on it boys out: .actually ill compare the F6 to my auntys so wont need to test one of them.i know where my money is
Despite what any of us think of which one is louder, they are both set by and kept under fpv/ford's nvh standards.
The difference would be negliable if any, and not a reason to seperate a buyer demagraphic to get back on topic.
JAYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #96
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

wise choice,keep ya money.
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #97
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadly
Bahahah, - do you even know whats in a Ford v8 supercar?! :
Engine: KRE developed 5.0litre V8 Ford Boss 302 cast iron block and Ford D3 aluminium heads
Category control MoTeC engine management control

taken from team vodafone website...
BA XR6 turbo, blood orange, 6 speed , mal wood option 3+ clutch, fg gt style 19's , xr8 bonnet, no spoiler , de-badged , sunroof , leather , premo, fpv wheel, plazmaman 1100hp cooler, plazmaman hot + cold side piping and intake, x force exhaust, 460 rwhp and more....
LOW_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #98
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

Quote:
it is.
2nd'd

they have the same exhaust yes.... but that doesnt mean they share the same noise output.......
BA XR6 turbo, blood orange, 6 speed , mal wood option 3+ clutch, fg gt style 19's , xr8 bonnet, no spoiler , de-badged , sunroof , leather , premo, fpv wheel, plazmaman 1100hp cooler, plazmaman hot + cold side piping and intake, x force exhaust, 460 rwhp and more....
LOW_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #99
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Well said...
A F6 customer is mostly a customer that wasn't happy with the other "Preferred" options..
First of all this is a great discussion, enjoying it immensely, and while nothing appears to be confirmed in concrete yet its great to see something coming along for the Ford V8 fans to really get up and cheer about.

I must admit i dont 100% agree with this statement/sentiment; i think there has been some influence, but its too much of a generalisation.

If i had a $ for the amount of times i have heard someone say 'The F6 has the performance but the GT has that V8 rumble and sound factor' on this or ANY Ford forum i would be a billionaire. This goes for the HSV V8 forums too, e.g. LS1

It seems to me that for the 'V8 purist' the F6 was never enough to sway them; looking at the sales stats of 2:1 in favour of the V8 i still think that the F6 was not enough to sway most Ford or even HSV V8 buyers (especially looking at how well the HSV V8 sells and how comparable the F6 is in performance to it).

When you look at the 'performance purist' i would tend to agree with you, but even then many of these people would say 'the F6 might be faster down the 1/4 mile but around the track its a different matter' or 'by the end of the track day all of the F6 boys had stopped but the GT's just kept on going'.

Even if you and others are correct about it starting with unhappy Ford V8 owners, i would like to think that the F6 has SINCE earnt its reputation and standing enough so that it can now hold its own, because despite everyones certainty, there isn't really any evidence at this stage or suggest or confirm whether this was actually the case.

IF this comes to fruition, and there is a big swing in sales to the GT (moreso than the current 2:1 ratio) then this suspicion will be validated...until then its just speculation, which makes for good conversation.

Other contributors to F6 sales i have seen include the midlife crisis purchase, boy racer purchase, attracting lovers of jap imports and VL Turbo lovers over to Ford, etc. To me its just too difficult to generalise F6 owners in one major category.

On a slightly separate note, do you think FPV/Ford is trying to win us over with a S/C V8 so we wont kick up a fuss if the I6 is replaced with a V6 etc?

Its interesting how much discussion can occur without any official confirmation from FPV

Anyway good discussion guys...
Old 17-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #100
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
I beg to differ.........sorry

The F6 may very well be the fastest blah blah blah.....
However, not all of us are enamoured with the way it delivers the power, the way it looks or the way it sounds. Horses for courses. Being a purist also embraces the fact that the driving experience should be a challenge , it should excite the senses , and it should be all about challenging yourself and mastering the individual car's capabilities / vices and virtues.......The way the WHOLE experience makes you feel....Its why cars like the LOTUS Elise were built........pure driving indulgence.

The fact that one person chooses to buy the F6 over the V8 does not automatically make them an instant driving "purist".........I have personally met plenty of GT and F6 owners to be able to make that as an informed statement.
Hey, i agree with you too..! Which is also why the GT sells so well, and interestingly probably why if the new GT ticks all the boxes FPV wont need 2 models..

Old 17-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #101
Wally
XP Coupe

If it goes like stink and looks conservative (no stripes, no phallus bonnet, etc) I'll consider it seriously.

Why was Dreadly banned?
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #102
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think its great that Ford and FPV offer a great 6T option, something HSV/Holden don't. I think they would be mad to get rid of the F6.

If sales decrease, have them made to order. In the scheme of things, FPV might see 1 F6 @ $70,000 as not really worth it. But while ever there is a market, Ford and FPV would be silly to bin it.

Thats not just fact, thats cold hard speculation.

I was speaking to a friend the other night, From what she is aware of, the S/C GT will be the GT-HO. If there is no GT-HO, then i doubt there will be a GT S/C.

Also, The F6 became a 'cult car' Which is why it has sold, and will continue selling. The people who buy them new will dictate the market though, and most 'cult' following fanboys don't buy new.....infact most who have eventually gotten an F6 will almost no doubt have bought a BA MK1 F6, as there now cheap enough for most people who drool over them to buy.
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #103
Joshvee
A New Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
the driving experience should be a challenge , it should excite the senses , and it should be all about challenging yourself and mastering the individual car's capabilities / vices and virtues........
Yep, thats why I love my F6. It's a challenge to drive what with the different way the turbo deliveres power. I find it exciting to overcome the skill required to (as someone said earlier) control it around a corner as the turbo kicks in.
I could (and have) drive it hard all day and not get sick of it.

That said, If the GTHO does indeed deliver much more power than the F6, handles better, is as well appointed and (as some ppl are saying) is as quiet or just a bit louder, I'll say goodbye to my F6 and park a GTHO in the garage.

Actually that reminds me of another selling point for the 6 compared to the 8, V8s are targeted by thieves more than 6s... especially Holdens.
Old 17-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #104
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Yep, thats why I love my F6. It's a challenge to drive what with the different way the turbo deliveres power. I find it exciting to overcome the skill required to (as someone said earlier) control it around a corner as the turbo kicks in.
I could (and have) drive it hard all day and not get sick of it.

That said, If the GTHO does indeed deliver much more power than the F6, handles better, is as well appointed and (as some ppl are saying) is as quiet or just a bit louder, I'll say goodbye to my F6 and park a GTHO in the garage.

Actually that reminds me of another selling point for the 6 compared to the 8, V8s are targeted by thieves more than 6s... especially Holdens.
Yep........that's my point.

Being an enthusiast , a purist , zealot.whatever...........is more dictated by your passion for cars and driving them to the best of your ability and having fun.........particularly on track days. ( V8 , NA6 , 6T or 4T......)

i just take exception to the fact that some say you are only a purist if you opt for the fastest factory offering. I'm sure a seasoned track day driver in a BOSS powered car would run rings around any boy racer in a 4000 RWKW F6 any day..............and vice versa of course.

Enjoy your F6.........it is a great car.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #105
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT69
I think its great that Ford and FPV offer a great 6T option, something HSV/Holden don't. I think they would be mad to get rid of the F6.

If sales decrease, have them made to order. In the scheme of things, FPV might see 1 F6 @ $70,000 as not really worth it. But while ever there is a market, Ford and FPV would be silly to bin it.

Thats not just fact, thats cold hard speculation.

I was speaking to a friend the other night, From what she is aware of, the S/C GT will be the GT-HO. If there is no GT-HO, then i doubt there will be a GT S/C.

Also, The F6 became a 'cult car' Which is why it has sold, and will continue selling. The people who buy them new will dictate the market though, and most 'cult' following fanboys don't buy new.....infact most who have eventually gotten an F6 will almost no doubt have bought a BA MK1 F6, as there now cheap enough for most people who drool over them to buy.
Good luck finding a BA MK1 F6, it didn't come out until the MK2 Update
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #106
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO AU XR8
Good luck finding a BA MK1 F6, it didn't come out until the MK2 Update

My apologize
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #107
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

First question is, why is it whenever a new 6T or V8 is uncovered the early speculation always ends up in a discussion about if it is going to kill the other one off?

As for the 6T vs V8 thing, it is a dangerous thing to try and pigeon hole people like that. There are many F6 buyers that will look at the new 8, but there are many that won't. Similarly there are many 8 buyers (like me, I am up to BOSS #3) that are seriously looking at the F6 for the next buy. The point is people swap and change and there will always be a market for both.

I think as a community of Ford lovers, we should support both sides of the spectrum and be loyal to the cars we love. At the end of the day if they continue both models, we are the winner because we are spoilt for choice. Otherwise we end up like HSV lovers and only have 1 choice, Yay!

I am also interested in all these observations about BOSS power delivery being so instant and F6 being delayed and more of a surge. As I have said, I am up to BOSS #3 (2x290, 1x260) and I completely disagree with this comment. While I have not driven the new FG range, I have driven both in previous models and disagree completely. My observation, which is backed up by the stats, suggests the F6 produces more torque lower in the rev range where the BOSS has to hit about 3000rpm before the surge really hits. Of course that is on road feel and not 40' times on the track, but I drive on the road and not the track so this is all that matters to me. Now yes this will change with a S/C V8, but at what cost?

Currently the GT and F6 are priced the same with no S/C on the GT. Now add the cost of the S/C to the GT and I bet it will hike the price of the GT up by $6-7k with no rise in the cost of the F6. This will place the F6 with a clear price advantage over the GT S/C. Now compare the power specs, will the GT be a 400kw monster? Of course it won't, it will be a reasonably small S/C running low boost and will probably be limited to about 350kw. Now lets remember the F6 at the moment is pulling dyno figures that suggests it is under rated at 310kw, more like 330-340. This may mean the difference will not be very large between the F6 and the GT S/C.

Hence my belief that in the absence of spectacular power differences and a now having a $6-7k price difference there will be a market for both in the FPV line up, happy days ahead!
Old 17-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #108
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

If this thread doesnt stay on topic it will be closed, please keep it civil guys.
Old 17-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #109
Joshvee
A New Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
If this thread doesnt stay on topic it will be closed, please keep it civil guys.
??? I thought it was very civil and on topic.... Did u mods delete some posts I didnt see or something?
Old 17-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #110
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
??? I thought it was very civil and on topic.... Did u mods delete some posts I didnt see or something?
He mean's we don't want another F6 V's V8 , Mine's better than your's debate that these threads ussually turn into,
We are talking about the Supercharged 2010GT, not on why the F6 is better than a V8.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #111
Windsor220
Now Fordless

What would HSVs answer be to this engine?
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #112
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
He mean's we don't want another F6 V's V8 , Mine's better than your's debate that these threads ussually turn into,
We are talking about the Supercharged 2010GT, not on why the F6 is better than a V8.

That was the sentiment that I was trying to portray, maybe I did not do it so well.

I for one am itching to see some specs and pricing details out of FPV on this one.
Old 17-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #113
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
It is now
Old 17-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #114
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
What would HSVs answer be to this engine?

A diesel!!!!! : : : :
Old 17-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #115
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
:
Old 17-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #116
xls3v

i think this will be a better combo than the como less weigh up front is alway a better option lets hope it puts out healthy como beating power
xls3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #117
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
as funny as it sounds but, what won the 24hrs in spa??
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #118
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
as funny as it sounds but, what won the 24hrs in spa??

Rather large difference between $60k road car and a $1m race car.
Old 17-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #119
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

And the rest
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #120
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
true but at the end of the day its just a diesel.
diesel's have come a long way.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post