Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-02-2005, 11:30 PM   #91
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Dont know mate ...your the dev5 guinea pig!!!! Your figures dontlook too bad but I think that a good tune hopefully will work wonders.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 11:34 PM   #92
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Actually, here's a question, since changing the cam would I have screwed up any low down go ? If so should the Unichip fix that or coz the cam has xx to xx powerband, its over for low down go ?
this is just a theory...but maybe to even things out, the Unichip is adding ignition timing at high load and low rpm where the EEC would normally be ripping it out a la transmission torque truncation?
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 12:45 AM   #93
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

just looking at your dyno mate you have a crapload more power from 100 kmph and up.If the unichip goes in you will be running flat 14,s
Old 08-02-2005, 04:06 PM   #94
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I'll start putting premium in this week to see how it runs. Maybe the 95RON stuff just doesnt cut it.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #95
loxxr6
XB in parts...

A streak of luck with some overtime I never accounted for means that the Unichip will be back in the car Thursday.

Booked the car into Autotech just then.

I'm psyched now.

Old 08-02-2005, 05:01 PM   #96
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

I'm sure she'll have a lot more : :eclipsee_ after Thursday.
Look forward to the results
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 11:19 PM   #97
loxxr6
XB in parts...

A nice little comparo graph courtesy of Jonbays.

There's progress with more to come Thursday :

Last edited by loxxr6; 08-02-2005 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:21 AM   #98
loxxr6
XB in parts...

HAHAHA

Back to inundate you all with dyno sheets courtesy of Spiro @ Autotech Engineering, Granville NSW (02) 9897 1738.

There's info in the dyno sheet to explain this one. Its very interesting to see that in this dyno sheet that the old setup (No Cam, Unichip) did better than the just gone by setup (Cam, No Chip).

Last edited by loxxr6; 11-02-2005 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:24 AM   #99
Stav
Smile

So a difference of 13 kws to croydons dyno hey? Kinda makes you wonder???

Last edited by Stav; 11-02-2005 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:38 AM   #100
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Off track : The godforsaken images have been resized to a 3rd of their original size now.....still too big...

For the next graph :

Old 11-02-2005, 12:39 AM   #101
loxxr6
XB in parts...

And finally :

Old 11-02-2005, 12:42 AM   #102
Stav
Smile

any air fuel ratios? You would get 163 rwkws on the croydons dyno 10 lees than soxx did on the same dyno.Me id get 128 on autotech dyno. You gained 17 rwkws from a tune!!!!

Last edited by Stav; 11-02-2005 at 12:47 AM.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:44 AM   #103
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

good stuff, so now its all done whats it like down low compared to before the new camshaft.
enjoy your extra grunt.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2005, 12:47 AM   #104
loxxr6
XB in parts...

How is it to drive ?

Well. The throttle response is back. No more doughey crap yuck feeling. First gear is over pretty soon. 2nd and 3rd can be lethal.

I nearly lost grip of the steering wheel when nailing it in 2nd and changing lanes. Very happy. A small prod of the accelerator alone causes chirps.

There's still a bit of a compromise in low down go (cause of the cam) but the chip has fixed most of it. Its now got that Unichip feeling (tm) back.

I met up with Spiro after work and took the car for a quick drive. He's been reading up on the progress (and prob is right now) and agrees with my previous comments. He indicates that the dyno sheets he had printed up matched what I was saying in my previous posts since having the Unichip disconnected.

Now it's back I just have to worry about two things. The three remaining points on my licence and my fuel bill lol.

Again I have to thank Spiro for the wonderful job. He not only tuned the chip BUT had it reinstalled at no charge.

Now its just a matter of time til I get the money for the headwork....although this prob won't be done til at least tax time....we'll see.

More info on how its progressing will come as I give the car a workout.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:49 AM   #105
Stav
Smile

Any steak knives????
Old 11-02-2005, 12:49 AM   #106
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
So a difference of 13 kws to croydons dyno hey? Kinda makes you wonder???
Spiro mentioned a similar issue when his dyno's at a WRX dyno day were less than competitor's ones. I guess you have to keep looking at it as a tuning tool... Who knows as well what mode the dyno is in or what factors on the day influence these things.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:51 AM   #107
Stav
Smile

If I have 128 maybe I can get 17 more rwkws from a unichip? Looks like my figure is consistent with dev 4 in Melbourne aufairmont s...Kristeena Who scored 125 rwkws down there.

I think Spiro has restored my faith in his shops talent and I may be proposing a near future Sydney Dyno Day at his shop so that we can separate truth from fiction.Perhaps Blue driver can have a chat to him about this since they know each other really well. Also I must say that the unichip camp here so far has proven to be a fine one .I am sure that in saying that ..that as in my business that a piece of equipment is only as good as the guy who installs it.

In saying that,I must give a personal big thank you to Joe at Crescent motorsport in Liverpool for looking after Loxxr6 as my referal and doing the right thing.Well done ,and a personal thanks to Spiro who has proven to be an asset in tuning of ford s here in Sydney.Good on you guys...

Last edited by Stav; 11-02-2005 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:45 AM   #108
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
..that as in my business that a piece of equipment is only as good as the guy who installs it.
Spot on every performance shop thinks they can tune... but there are those that think they can tune…. .. then there are those that know how to tune and results speak for themselves and there customers spread the word.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2005, 07:48 AM   #109
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Spot on every performance shop thinks they can tune... but there are those that think they can tune…. .. then there are those that know how to tune and results speak for themselves and there customers spread the word.
Absolutely. The unichip is just a chip.Its the man who does the chip which makes the difference.Even though the unichip has less functiions than others the results appear really good.

ps lox get used to it first ,then drive it harder,losing the steering wheel is not good,be careful.

Last edited by Stav; 11-02-2005 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:26 AM   #110
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
I think Spiro has restored my faith in his shops talent and I may be proposing a near future Sydney Dyno Day at his shop so that we can separate truth from fiction.Perhaps Blue driver can have a chat to him about this since they know each other really well.
He actually suggested this to me last night, to have another dyno day. He'll be reading this thread sometime....

Old 11-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #111
Sydney tuner
Sponsor

Hi Loxxr6,
Glad to hear you are happy with the car - as discussed, dynos are better employed as tuning tools as opposed to a gauge by which to measure the performance of vehicles from all over the country..............unless of course everyone is tested on the same dyno, at the same time and under the same climactic conditions.

On that subject, we are planning a Dyno day for all the Ford guys at our premises 18-20 George Street Granville NSW, for some time in late April. The cost will be $50 per car - we will carry out 2 power runs per vehicle and provide a dyno graph of the results. We will also be providing a free sausage sizzle and refreshments on the day.

To make this day viable for us we require a minimum of 25 cars - the invitation is open not only to blue oval owners but also to any other interested parties who may wish to see how their vehicles compare to their friend's rides.....

We envisage a start time of 9.00am on the day, with things winding up at about 4.00pm. Please register you interest on the forum - looking forward to meeting you all personally on the day.

Cheers Spiro
Sydney tuner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #112
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless

I think Spiro has restored my faith in his shops talent and I may be proposing a near future Sydney Dyno Day at his shop so that we can separate truth from fiction.Perhaps Blue driver can have a chat to him about this since they know each other really well. Also I must say that the unichip camp here so far has proven to be a fine one .I am sure that in saying that ..that as in my business that a piece of equipment is only as good as the guy who installs it.

In saying that,I must give a personal big thank you to Joe at Crescent motorsport in Liverpool for looking after Loxxr6 as my referal and doing the right thing.Well done ,and a personal thanks to Spiro who has proven to be an asset in tuning of ford s here in Sydney.Good on you guys...
useless what made you lose faith in the man ?

You should be happy now loxxr6, spoke to Spiro last night and he was quite quite impressed how your beast went.
Good luck and look forward to one day you,useless come along and join us on a 3fb run.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:02 PM   #113
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
useless what made you lose faith in the man ?

You should be happy now loxxr6, spoke to Spiro last night and he was quite quite impressed how your beast went.
Good luck and look forward to one day you,useless come along and join us on a 3fb run.
heheh nps. I didnt lose faith in the man.I ended up in the same school with the same teacher many years ago with Spiro ,he is a good guy ,and very well known to family friends. Just sceptical about the product mate...its called buyers remorse in advance!!!!! Or cold feet.I over analysed certain things and had to see some real evidence that the results being made were for real.I dont take things on face value because I have been caught in the past before.Now that I see real life examples I can say that I am saving my cash hard....
Old 11-02-2005, 03:03 PM   #114
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I'm sure we can rustle up 25 cars.

Between here, XR6T forums and V8 owners there'd be plenty of takers.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:52 PM   #115
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

ah useless, my good golfing friends say "paralysis analysis" I think that goes for everything....especially on these forums LOL
Old 11-02-2005, 06:05 PM   #116
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
ah useless, my good golfing friends say "paralysis analysis" I think that goes for everything....especially on these forums LOL
Absolutely mate ...my head injury last January has done this to me and probably responsible for my fixation on hydraulic lifters.!!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:53 PM   #117
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Unichip power gains again xr6 cam and dev5 cam look very impressive.

The std XR6 cam vs Dev5 cam is surprising not much in it!

Really surprised about that i know its designed to go with a ported head but?
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 01:57 PM   #118
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
Unichip power gains again xr6 cam and dev5 cam look very impressive.

The std XR6 cam vs Dev5 cam is surprising not much in it!

Really surprised about that i know its designed to go with a ported head but?
but....and xr6 cam with a jmm head would do the job nicely.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:22 PM   #119
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Something is wrong there, that DEV5 cam should not taper off at high rpms, it should keep climbing to redline.

Maybe the extractors are at fault, or the cam hasn't been clocked up properly, or both.

Rick.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:01 PM   #120
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

loxxr6's dev5 seems to peak at about 5000rpm and taper off a bit quick. This isn't what i would expect. Even without headwork. Even the dev3hl hangs in there a bit better than that. Even on Joes MDX dyno at Crescent motors in second gear I had 120 rwkw at 100kmh and it was holding that right through to 113kmh then dropping to 119kw at 115kmh, 117kw at 117kmh and so on tapering off slowly to the redline. By the way 5000rpm in an XR6 in third is 166kmh. In an AUII wagon auto 5000rpm in third is 184kmh so the speed limiter means you don't get there!!!hence the 2nd gear runs by JMM and other knowledgeable Falcon dyno operators.

Mind you i do like my pacemakers and am sure they work well at high revs probably not as good down low as the JMM race series but I never liked the look of the Hurricanes that loxxr6 has. they just look ordinary bigger hole type no theory pipes to me.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post