Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Will you get an Orion at launch ?
Yes, in first few months of launch 27 8.33%
Yes, within 6 months of launch 25 7.72%
No, will wait for Orion Mk II 58 17.90%
No, keeping old car 137 42.28%
Not sure as yet 77 23.77%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #91
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I wont be waiting for the Orion. I am going to go Aurion.

There a whole story in that obviously in itself but I just don't see the Orion as being promoted by leaks or whatever as the car I would wait for. BA didn'y do it for me BF came a bit closer I have to say but the last car I really wanted was the T2 TL50 believe it or not and now I have ordered an Aurion Presara. I can't say I WANT the Aurion as much as the TL50 but there are some similarities just the Aurion Presara is cheaper and better featured as you might expect in 6 years of progress
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #92
Bobman
Regulator

The Aurion is just a Camry with a few tweaks. How can anyone like front wheel drive? It's like a bloke wearing a dress and going to a pub with his mates to file their nails.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2007, 03:03 PM   #93
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright
I think many on this forum buy second hand Falcons and then complain about quality issues...my issue with buying second hand is the fact I know the person before me would never have looked after their beast like I would. This includes warming the motor up before driving, strict servicing schedule, washing fortnightly, etc. These in my view are vital to lessen the risk of quality issues.

If you have bought a lemon, then that is bad luck if me and my wife's purchasing history is anything to go by, ie. 6 new cars over a 15 yr period with no mechanical failures (2 were Ford Falcons - AU1 and AU3 ute, 1 Territory, 1 Lexus IS200, 1 Mazda MX5, 1 Mitsu Mirage).

Plus my old man always had new Falcs which ranged from XE, XF, and EF without drama.

The only drama is the drama-queens having a whinge, it seems.

oh why don't you get your hand off it for a bit. Just cause you have had a dream run with your cars doesn't mean everyone else has. I for one have had a shocking run from my BA (bloody awful). It was bought brand new, I would wash it very regularly, change the oil every 5000km, i babied it a lot in other words, thinking if i did this it would have a good run. However I was wrong, and my problems started from the day i picked it up.

I maybe a whinger but I am entitled to be one, i spent 38k on a lemon and it seems i am not the only one. The question posed here was if anyone would buy a Orion at launch, the results i think speak for themselves. Many people have been burnt by a substandard product developed by Ford (the product range on paper is mouth watering, pity it wasn't executed that way) and by the Ford dealer network. If Ford want to gain new customers they need to do some homework.

I wonder what Orion will deliver that will influence the potential buyer to purchase one. Will it be just a BA/BF with a new skin, somehow i think this would be it, i'd love to be proven wrong though.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 01:04 AM   #94
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevlndStemer
oh why don't you get your hand off it for a bit. Just cause you have had a dream run with your cars doesn't mean everyone else has. I for one have had a shocking run from my BA (bloody awful). It was bought brand new, I would wash it very regularly, change the oil every 5000km, i babied it a lot in other words, thinking if i did this it would have a good run. However I was wrong, and my problems started from the day i picked it up.

I maybe a whinger but I am entitled to be one, i spent 38k on a lemon and it seems i am not the only one. The question posed here was if anyone would buy a Orion at launch, the results i think speak for themselves. Many people have been burnt by a substandard product developed by Ford (the product range on paper is mouth watering, pity it wasn't executed that way) and by the Ford dealer network. If Ford want to gain new customers they need to do some homework.

I wonder what Orion will deliver that will influence the potential buyer to purchase one. Will it be just a BA/BF with a new skin, somehow i think this would be it, i'd love to be proven wrong though.
I bought my series 1 ef gli with 310,000km on the clock. It has been a fantastic reliable vehicle *albeit with some leaks here and there that get fixed then later on reappear somewhere else*

however, my workmates dad thought he would go back to ford (after his brand new ED caught fire on the Story bridge in brisbane's peak hour traffic) and buy the following brand new car:

Ba Mk 1 XR6 turbo 4 speed auto sedan in blueprint

2 Differentials

1 bent front brake rotor (warped REALLY badly)

1 driveshaft

1 power window motor

2 faulty tyres

1 rattly dash board

6 stack cd player that only ever accepted 1 cd.

in 70,000km of motoring.

WTF?

quite a few of them are in getting new diffs put in.

But that aside, remembering what I have said earlier, we will have to wait and see what ford have to offer with the orion before we can really say!

No one has seen Ford's pricing on the vehicle and no one has seen the product to appraise it in the first place.

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 01:05 AM   #95
The Mighty Red

No.........
Old 25-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #96
AussieJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by twr7cx
bit hard, silly even, to comit to buying a new car without knowing what it actually is...
This poll isn't a written contract to buy one if you clicked a 'yes' option...

I selected within 6 months, but if Orion turns into another AU (which is unlikely), then I won't get one.

Previous Falcons:
2003 BA Falcon XL Ute White
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

And drive a Holden company car...
AussieJason is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #97
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by samftr

Take for example: the Aussie mitsubishi magna 2.6, not all of them were cruddy. It’s those little things that manufacturers stuff up on which inevitably tarnish a manufacturers reputation and that is what has happened over recent years.
Dead right, they were not all the same. We had two of them, same build dates and similar service history. One started burning litres of oil at only 96,000kms, the other has now hit 168,000kms and has never missed a beat!
Back on topic though, I won't be buying an Orion either, full stop. While this maybe premature, I can't see Ford (in their economic condition) really improving in their build quality to offer a better package to their potential customers. My brother and I went shopping (for him) for a new car and in the process checked out many new BF's, second hand low k BAMKII Turbo's and finally settled on a 07 WRX. Even the new BF's had rattles and squeaks from new, and poor panel alignment. Sorry Ford, pick up your game, and until then, you won't be getting any of my cash!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #98
osiris
a large McCrunch with....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
The Aurion is just a Camry with a few tweaks. How can anyone like front wheel drive? It's like a bloke wearing a dress and going to a pub with his mates to file their nails.

might have missed it in the thread, but i guess that theres no concept pics around anywhere?

id love to see what they've come up with this time.
osiris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #99
osiris
a large McCrunch with....

didnt think so

/sigh
osiris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 11:49 PM   #100
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there are a few "prototype" pictures on here in ford forums. but they are a bit dubious. Arguments have been made over what particular manufacturer may or may not have made these. No one is particularly sure what these things will even look like.
So, time will tell!

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 02:16 PM   #101
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

I plan to keep my BA for another few years.

I brought it late '03 with the intention to keep it for 5 - 6 years. Mainly due to the fact that previously I have taken some BIG depreciation hits on new cars when Ive traded them at 2-3 years, and well, it hurts my back pocket and makes me feel RIPPED off. Dropping great wads of cash every two years would end up making me a porper at retirement.............

My BA will continue to have bits and pieces thrown at it to keep it's performance on a par with current models, and the more miles I do the less the running / depreciation cost becomes over the period of ownership. It's not broken down ever, and because Ive been the only one servicing it, I know what's been replaced or what might need attention. Unlike others on this forum, my BA1 has been the BEST Ford product Ive ever owned, and the most RELIABLE motor vehicle Ive ever owned. And it's had some heavy workouts - admittadly had it's neck rung harder than a v8 cab perhaps should....

If I use my own BA experience to benchmark the ORION, the bar is set VERY high.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 12:25 AM   #102
AussieJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
If I use my own BA experience to benchmark the ORION, the bar is set VERY high.
Many of us are expecting a lot from Orion, myself included. I am happy with the BA / BF internals and styling, and if Orion takes any backwards steps in these areas I may renege on my plan to buy one within 6 months.

Previous Falcons:
2003 BA Falcon XL Ute White
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

And drive a Holden company car...
AussieJason is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2007, 04:27 PM   #103
jarridtheruler
I wish I was offshore....

I have not had any problems with my ba, and i will be in the market for a new car when orion comes out. I will be looking at mainly falcons and commodores and i will buy whichever i find to be the best car.
For the prices of these cars they really are quite good in terms of power and handling. Its just build quality and consistancy that holds them back.
jarridtheruler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post