Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-11-2008, 02:21 AM   #91
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupex
The charts wrong, in 2007 Territory sold 17290 units Captiva sold 10436 units,
2008 YTD Territory 11030 Captiva 8619.
Which chart? There are two...

Neither show the Year to Date..they only account for the month of October...

One of them showing Ford v Holden sales, then looks at the vehicle class average...the other compares vehicle sales October 07 v October 08, in each vehicle class once again.
Let's look at the Ford v Holden graph that also compares to the vehicle class average.
If you TOTAL Ford, Holden, Toyota and Delorean sales for that month, that is the total average for that class. It is not one vehicle. It is the average total number of sales in that class, in a month (I would assume).
If you add the Falcon and Commodore sales, it will account for 80% of sales in its vehicle class. Makes perfect sense to me.

Which chart were you referring to?

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2008, 03:19 AM   #92
Sprint XR8

The first chart that shows average monthly sales holden v ford.
The chart shows captiva with a higher monthly ave than territory due to the descriptions being around the wrong way.
You commented "how the hell can the captiva sell more than the territory",it never has.
Sprint XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #93
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
You may well be right about the Captiva size but it meets the criteria used by VFACTs to place it in the same category as the Territory which is medium SUV and thus they are directly comparable.

Cheers
Russ
Just thinking back to the conversation I had with the Vfacts person I recall one factor was that the manufacturer nominated which category they wanted it in. Would make sense with the Captiva with Holden trying to boost it up beyond what it is. My conversation originally involved the Land Rover Defender which is clearly a heavy full blown big off roader but is included in the medium category - they were scratching their heads over that too.

As I said, you only have to get into a Captiva to see it's not in the Territory class - and yes, it's never outsold the territory.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #94
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The chart shows captiva with a higher monthly ave than territory due to the descriptions being around the wrong way.
You commented "how the hell can the captiva sell more than the territory",it never has.
Quote:
I know...and I corrected it much earlier...

Just doubling up...

The chart did not show the Captiva with a higher monthly average, as the graph was colour coded...

Although it isn't perfect, it was just a case of reading it properly...

Anywho, thanks for posting the graph Russell. Much appreciated.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #95
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Don't know where you heard that. Ford Credit is still operating and is in a better position than GMAC and most other credit providers to the automotive industry in the states.
Its frustrating when you hear things like the news report the other day that was talking about the credit companies withdrawing from dealership financing "FordCredit may join other companies in pulling out..." - they didn't name the other companies that HAD done it, just more negative stuff floating around Ford. This wasn't new speculation as a follow-up, this was the main story about the problems facing dealers. Or am I just being paranoid?
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #96
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
Or am I just being paranoid?
Sometimes the world conspires against the paranoid - just to screw with them !
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post