Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-01-2008, 09:19 PM   #91
gregsAUII
Me AU's cheap and clean.

Cops always at the gong.
How far do you guys want to drive though.
Cause we could go to Bombo beach its got good parking and easy to get to.

Greg
gregsAUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2008, 09:19 PM   #92
HLC
Audi S3

you guys make the call lol

cause im goin to work. ill cruise anywhere!
Old 13-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #93
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

It doesn't seem to make a great deal of sense to be cruising "south" if you guys are going to meet smack bang in the middle of "Auburn". You will have the group split just getting out of metropolitan Sydney.

Mechan1k has pretty much nailed it on the head over the idea of heading out to Bondi.

What I can possibly suggest is a meet point a bit closer to that direction for a southerly cruise - something more akin to the carpark at Heathcote Railway station, where there should be ample room for 15 or so odd AU's. Alternately if you guys were thinking of heading south via Appin (either through Picton or Mt Keira Rd) then perhaps Uncle Leo's at the Crossroads would also be a better alternate.

Wollongong is just going to be good fun just getting around, I'm thinking something more like Kiama as a point at which would be better suited for everyone to space out and chat. There is plenty of space again there for the cars to be lined up for photographs and the like.

Heading back to Sydney I would possibly suggest continuing to Berry and then cutting back inland via Kangaroo Valley Road and up through the Southern Highlands and returning that way.

Have fun guys.
Old 13-01-2008, 09:47 PM   #94
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

How about we just make this day a morning meet for everyone ... if others are up for a cruise after they can .... maybe we organise a cruise at a later date with more firm details and meeting points, etc.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 08:18 PM   #95
mr302xd
Formerly MR BAXR6t

Hey ppl. I cant make it on sunday GOD DAM IT. I have to work..... thanks to my boss who decided to be a prik and put me on the sunday, which i cant get out of!! Even though i said i cant work 2 weeks ago!!

Have fun. take pics

Frank

Fords ive owned-
2010 FG XR6 5 speed auto in Mystic
81 XD S-Pac 302c 4sp manual
78 Yellow TE Cortina Wagon 4.1L
92 Green EB Fairmont GT replica
01 Black AU XR8 II Manual
04 Rapid BAII XR6T 220rwkw
04 Mandarin BA XR6T 247rwkw
07 BF II XR6T 385rwkw
1980 ZJ Fairlane 302c
mr302xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #96
HLC
Audi S3

ring in sick.

if you dont, you are a girl.
Old 16-01-2008, 01:38 AM   #97
HLC
Audi S3

this sunday people.

this is the list so far.

not sure if these people are confirmed or unsure but whatever
1. uncle ken
2. au2pwr
3. mechan1k
4. d1xr2c
5. amisuppose2b
6. HLC
7. chief
8. gregsauII
9. Papasmurf
10. fairlane
Old 16-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #98
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Cool

Hi still in for the meet and greet. We need at least 2 correct coloured AU's there HLC.

Uncle Ken
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 01:59 AM   #99
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken
Hi still in for the meet and greet. We need at least 2 correct coloured AU's there HLC.

Uncle Ken
damn straight. :
Old 17-01-2008, 08:21 AM   #100
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I am still good for this ... clean your vehicles (even I'll make a concerted effort ... even with a missing rear pod) ... I SHOULD have the camera gear with me.
Old 17-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #101
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I am still good for this ... clean your vehicles (even I'll make a concerted effort ... even with a missing rear pod) ... I SHOULD have the camera gear with me.
i'd rather have one missing pod than missing the whole kit lol its sitting on the floor in my parents room waiting to be painted lol
Old 17-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #102
gregsAUII
Me AU's cheap and clean.

I hope this rains going to clear up for a nice sunny day??
Old 17-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #103
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Last I remember reading was that Sunday was meant to be fine.
Although BOM has changed this to a few showers now for Sunday.

Hmmm ... maybe we could find a decent place to park everyone under cover nearby ... the only place I can think of is the Auburn MegaCentre near Duck St (along Parramatta Rd)
Old 17-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #104
gregsAUII
Me AU's cheap and clean.

Thatll work i can send the misses shopping
Old 17-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #105
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsAUII
Thatll work i can send the misses shopping
Ooooooh ... yeah that works for me too ... thanks for the tip :
Old 17-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #106
gregsAUII
Me AU's cheap and clean.

Yeah we'll just send them off together easy.
Old 17-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #107
HLC
Audi S3

im not even gonna bring mine.

thats the smartest choice!! :
Old 17-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #108
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
im not even gonna bring mine.

thats the smartest choice!! :
Don't worry ... Bec won't be coming along ... she'd much prefer to stay home.
Old 19-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #109
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
What I have to clean my car?

UK :
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #110
HLC
Audi S3

the rain is washing mine as we speak : : :
Old 19-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #111
lekodey
Starter Motor

If you guys can give me a place and time i'll rock up, i've only had my au a few months but i'd love to come out and see what some of you guys are driving. Is it still auburn macca's or what? reading through this I only found "morning" as the time. I checked out the thread awhile ago but didn't really pay it much attention...so yeah...i'm game...just want to make sure of the details.
Would be good to meet you guys as well, since you all seem to post in every thread I read lol. (Btw my car isn't real spesh but i'll give it a clean and hope it come up looking alright...)

2000 AU II Fairmont Ghia White
Pacies, High Flow Cat, 2.5 Cat back, Top Gun Leads, Fram Air Hog Filter and uh...no radio...only one working rear door...Leather...air freshener tree and it's not a VN?!? Good thing. Stock other than that, doesn't need anything else...it's not a VN.

LeGhia
lekodey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #112
HLC
Audi S3

9am at auburn maccas tomorrow!!!
Old 19-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #113
lekodey
Starter Motor

Cool man, was hoping it was there...easy trip for me lol...I lived in the gong all my life up until 2 years ago so I have no problems going there or down robertson way. Thanks for the quick reply man, thought I was gonna miss out if no-one got back to me lol. See ya then aye. Must clean.

Pacies, High Flow Cat, 2.5 Cat back, Top Gun Leads, Fram Air Hog Filter and uh...no radio...only one working rear door...Leather...air freshener tree and it's not a VN?!? Good thing. Stock other than that, doesn't need anything else...it's not a VN.

LeGhia
Old 19-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #114
HLC
Audi S3

no worries.

you are kinda out my way too. well prolly 10 or 15 minutes from me lol. im at erskine park. so you are a bit north beyond mt druitt from me lol
Old 19-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #115
lekodey
Starter Motor

Yeah man, not far aye. Are we the only ones out this way, seems alot of the people are in Melb. AU2PWR is a bit of a trooper making it all the way up from melb as well, but yeah I remember someone who's name I see alot was around merrylands...can't remember who though. But don't see many peeps near where I am. I would say 15 mins is pretty accurate, I don't think i've ever been in erskine park though you get any damage in the storms, read about you saying something about yer car being in the panelbeaters...so i'm guessing...

LeGhia
Old 19-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #116
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekodey
Yeah man, not far aye. Are we the only ones out this way, seems alot of the people are in Melb. AU2PWR is a bit of a trooper making it all the way up from melb as well, but yeah I remember someone who's name I see alot was around merrylands...can't remember who though. But don't see many peeps near where I am. I would say 15 mins is pretty accurate, I don't think i've ever been in erskine park though you get any damage in the storms, read about you saying something about yer car being in the panelbeaters...so i'm guessing...
there are a few around this way. well kinda lol. Stiddy is out at penrith, Stav is from merrylands, D1XR2C is from acacia gardens and mr xr8 i think his username is, the guy that started this thread is blacktown. i think lol

yeah i was driving on the m4 past the twin servos when the hail hit. no where to hide. lol. how about you?
Old 19-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #117
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

What side of the road is the maccas on??
I want to come down parramatta rd and not have to do a U-eee lol

Last edited by Mechan1k; 19-01-2008 at 08:13 PM.
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #118
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
What side of the road is the maccas on??
I want to come down parramatta rd and not have to do a U-eee lol
if you head down the M4, get off at Silverwater road, first exit after the tolls,

turn right onto silverwater road

turn right onto parramatta road.

thats the maccas and krispey kreme on the corner there, then you can turn in, off parramatta road.
Old 19-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #119
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

If the rain is REALLY bad tomorrow though ... I had the thought of heading just the other side of St Hillier's/Silverwater Rd ... to the undercover parking at the Reading Cinemas (if the gates are open that early) ... there's a hell of a lot of parking under there.

Could still meet at Macca's first if you like ... and then head over there after.
Old 19-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #120
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
there are a few around this way. well kinda lol. Stiddy is out at penrith, Stav is from merrylands, D1XR2C is from acacia gardens and mr xr8 i think his username is, the guy that started this thread is blacktown. i think lol

yeah i was driving on the m4 past the twin servos when the hail hit. no where to hide. lol. how about you?

And I am heading in from Wilberforce way ... I doubt I'll be coming through North Richomond though as the causeway for me to get there will be underwater with all of this rain.

I am not going to get a chance to even get the ute washed ... it is caked in mud at the moment due to my bog of a driveway.