Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #91
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTIV8
Burnz buddy, I know, that was clearly the year that you left school.
now your upto 13 post's
i'm impressed
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2007, 10:08 PM   #92
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

No more cheap shots, we now move forward or I close the thread.

ACTIV8 has left for a few days to do some school work..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #93
3vXT

i know this is still off topic but i need to know -

ACTIV8, your car handles extremely well compared to what exactly?

you are obviously a better person than i am because you have a gt falcon and i only have a xt. also everyone on here should bow down to you because you have the skills to handle 288rwkw and the rest of us are just muppets that couldn't handle half as much power as you.
i'm sure you'll make lots of friends on here.

EDIT: sorry i'm done now.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #94
burnz
VFII SS UTE

look ppl the ford orion will have what ford buyer's wan't
it is a symetric driver's car for which it is designed for the american market
(left/right) drive.
the fuel tank is forward of the diff.
engine's maybe 5.4boss/5.8hurricane/6.1hurricane
"yes ford is looking at america for export"
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2007, 10:31 PM   #95
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepv8
Yes. We now all know you have a car with decent power, but , we arent talking about peoples modofied cars. We are talking about Holden/HSV cars Vs. Ford/FPV cars. Straight from the factory.
I suggest to you that, if a person with a VE clubsport spent the same money you did to get your 288rwkW, you would only get a brief glimpse of their tail lights before they all but dissappeared. Now, by all means prove me wrong but I think you will be dissapointed with the outcome.
By the way, Ive driven an opened GT with a real 278rwkW and an XR6T with a real 295rwkW. They were both pussycats. Heaps of squirt, but so easy to punt hard. XR6T still wheelspinning in 3rd gear. If you are happy with 288 at the wheels, good luck to you.
I dont think the Gt would win but it still would be alot closer than what you think. But if I was trading in when the 302kw Gt is around I would hold off to see what the Orion Gt is like performance wise.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:47 PM   #96
shepv8
V8's for ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
hope you get thrown off this forum . schoolboy dude. i think if everyone went into your car 130 kws shy of his GT . 100% OF PEOPLE WOULD LAUGH AT your power versus his . and his car is built for that kind opf power at the wheels . which is actually more at the wheels than cars of 5 years ago had at the fly wheel .

on another note , it is amasing how people bag people who are in impressed with the gt, BOSS performance here . YOU ALL want less weight , and a chassis that can put high power to the ground , perhaps you should go to a ferrari forum .
and ou dont have to send big $$$$ to increase the performance of a BOSS engine , which doesn't really need it unless you need to extend your anyhow .
my car has had a whole $1000 spent on aftermarket mods , ( a cat back and CAI) AND has had a dyno run that produced 264 RWKW's and beat all hsv , rivals on the day, in fact it was the highest readout of the day.

OK , NOW IT'S TIME to prove my 1st sentence in the 2nd paragraph right . so start bagging .
I'LL START : it was just a happy dyno !!!!!

Nobodys going to bag you mate. Thats what the forum is about. Everyone gets the chance to share their thoughts and opinions.
For the record my XR8 has Bluepower CAI, full exhaust system and flash tune, for 235rwkW. I guess my dyno wasnt a happy one. It is equivilent in a straight line to a VZ 297kW , 6 litre HSV Maloo. My mate has one and we have done many runs together. Boss motors are gutless down low and the cars they are in are too heavy. In a nutshell the engine does not suit the body its in.
shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 12:12 AM   #97
shepv8
V8's for ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
No more cheap shots, we now move forward or I close the thread.

ACTIV8 has left for a few days to do some school work..

So, I think this thread started with a suggestion that Ford were cooking up something really big for a limited edition model and it was maybe going to have 302kW, which then got on the subject of , would that be enough to make it a better ( quicker ) car than the HSV equivelent. Now its people slagging each other off and " feeding the chooks " about how tough they/their car is.
Ive had my share of space on this thread so I'll sum up my thinking and leave it at that.
Ford is losing ground to Holden/HSV. Their cars are quicker in a straight line and now with the VE , are dynamically better. For a while Ford has been cashing in on the olden days muscle car scene releasing special " limited editions" with " unique" stripes and different rims. It sounds as though this soon to be announced " limited edition " falcon will be very similar except for a very paltry 12kW increase ( presumably just a computer tweak ) which in all likeliness will not increase the performance of the car any noticeable amount.
I think to get the job done, somewhere in the vicinity of 330kW and 550+Nm will be needed. But the engine needs to focus on low down grunt, not the top end rush it is renouned for ( makes the car feel fast untill a 6 litre HSV is along side you).
Anyway, I suggest intelligent people on this forum dont respond to those einsteins who clearly are only here to irritate those of us wishing to have an open discussion. Like all serial pests, they will go away when everyone ignores them and look for attention elsewhere......
shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 01:50 AM   #98
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wont beat a 6litre VE, but then no factory B series V8 was likely to now, as the new model is less than a year away and Ford wont put the Boss up to Orion spec in BF so its good news that it will be more than 302kw rather than more than 290kw. Infact FPV might just suprise us and up the ante like they did with BAGT and Explore the 5.4's VCT and take the 5.4 behond 320kw or they might stick with 310kw untill the rumoured new V8 is here with series 2.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 02:05 AM   #99
kpcart
Banned

apparently ford uses a different DIN dyno system for their kw numbers, to make their numbers sound better... In wheels magazine they explained it, the 285kw holden v8 vs the ford 290kw gt, the holden equals 292kw in ford DIN terminology. to me its hard to believe, ford has the ohcs, smaller capacity, yet the holden revs harder, 6500rpm.
Im interested about the new hsv gts-r on one of the latest mag covers. 7 litrre 383kw, that may well beat a m5, will have heaps better torque then m5, same power, and the chassis is good, alreay do 0-100 runs in less then 5 seconds in the 307kw.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 03:44 AM   #100
sexr6tasy
Banned

Its a crock of crap ford make there numbers sound worse not better it wouldn't surprise me if you weren't one of those holden fan boys who just rejoined maybe we should bring in the ls1 forums proper emails idea.
sexr6tasy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 04:21 AM   #101
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Prodrive own Austin Martin, that could mean intresting FPV products....*hopes*

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 06:57 AM   #102
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
apparently ford uses a different DIN dyno system for their kw numbers, to make their numbers sound better... In wheels magazine they explained it, the 285kw holden v8 vs the ford 290kw gt, the holden equals 292kw in ford DIN terminology. to me its hard to believe, ford has the ohcs, smaller capacity, yet the holden revs harder, 6500rpm.
Im interested about the new hsv gts-r on one of the latest mag covers. 7 litrre 383kw, that may well beat a m5, will have heaps better torque then m5, same power, and the chassis is good, alreay do 0-100 runs in less then 5 seconds in the 307kw.
The M5 is about 3 classes above any hsv, and anyone who thinks otherwise is on drugs. Also the ve hsv hasnt been able to get under 5sec for the 0 -100, just a bad error they probably meant 5.4 lol.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:30 PM   #103
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcart
, same power, and the chassis is good, alreay do 0-100 runs in less then 5 seconds in the 307kw.
Rubbish

If you listned to HSV their cars have been doing near on 5 secs since the 260 Clubbie. : Check the latest Motor and the best they managed on a 307 was 5.6 (testing more than one car) and thats on a quick strip with good conditions. I think the M5 did 4.6 on the same strip from memory.

PLease dont compare the Chassis, Safety, Refinement, Driveline,etc in a M5 to any HSV.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 06:23 PM   #104
YOOT
Banned

I hate to say this but I net they don't go any faster. You'd lose more power from a 15 degree morning to a 25 degree afternoon with heat-soak. I doubt anyone will pick the difference.

And it was FPV that stated very clearly back in 2003 that the 5.4 had no where to go. It was running at peak efficiency with 290kw. So where did it come from?

Does it even exist?

Will 12 kw make much difference to 1900kg of GT? :
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #105
gtfpv
GT

regarding post 104 . perhaps you need to speak to some of the performance tuners here on your subject of maximim output.
2ndly to another poster here . holden has now started posting figures in D.I.N. as ford always have that means the figures of 307 and 290 are comparable .
food for thought is that the VZ 297 actually translates to 306 D.I.N.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #106
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepv8
Nobodys going to bag you mate. Thats what the forum is about. Everyone gets the chance to share their thoughts and opinions.
For the record my XR8 has Bluepower CAI, full exhaust system and flash tune, for 235rwkW. I guess my dyno wasnt a happy one. It is equivilent in a straight line to a VZ 297kW , 6 litre HSV Maloo. My mate has one and we have done many runs together. Boss motors are gutless down low and the cars they are in are too heavy. In a nutshell the engine does not suit the body its in.
MATE , i wouldnt worry if i were you ,a 235 kw tuned and moddeed XR8 comes up trumps against any stock GT . regardless of output, i cant explain it but it's true .

any how back on topic . it will be very interesting with future power increases with the existing ford v8, or new one . I'D be particularly interested in RPM cutout , and torque ratings .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 07:34 AM   #107
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
regarding post 104 . perhaps you need to speak to some of the performance tuners here on your subject of maximim output.
2ndly to another poster here . holden has now started posting figures in D.I.N. as ford always have that means the figures of 307 and 290 are comparable .
food for thought is that the VZ 297 actually translates to 306 D.I.N.
You are most likely right, i can't explain it but I garentee you that when you jump in one and hit the loud pedal it just isn't going to go as fast as the competition, or even the force fed brother. Why? I have no idea, but it just won't.

There has to be a reason, but while my Forester can dispatch a GT on most occasions, I am not going to be impressed. Beautiful car the GT just not a thoroughbred (although I badly wish it was!).
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #108
Rock ape

Is your Forester modded?

New FG XR6T ZF
Rock ape is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #109
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTIV8
What planet is this on again?

I have a BF GT, tuned to 288 rwkw without touching the engine, it will snake as long as you hold your foot down in performance auto mode. If I operate it manually, I can get the car to fish tail as it changes into second gear and the car handles extremely well.

WTF else do you want? More to the point, who of you could even truly handle this?

Not many of you, I can assure you.
Hahahahaaha,what a legend you are.....

Geez theres some crap on this thread,sorry if I added to it people,but the above post is one of the best Ive ever read for pulling your own twang...
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post