Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
XRNIL8

Default New to Victoria ... from Queensland!

G'day all,

Thought I would introduce myself here because early September I and my wife and kids are moving down your way from Sunny Queensland ...... Don't ask why ..... and I won't BS ya ;)

We are both Nurses and decided a little while ago that we needed a change in scenery ... so being a Crow Eater originally, we decided SA was not the place to go to .... lmao! NSW seems just a little too much like Qld ... so Vic was the obvious choice ..... Tassie is too far removed from reality ... WA is ...... where the hell is it? ;) .... Apparently there is another state .... but I kept thinking it was drunk .... haha!

We are heading down in 2 weeks to check out Bendigo and Wangaratta, we aren't really city people so we want to be close enuf to the country that we don't feel suffocated. We have just sold our house in a small town of just 500 people ... and 30 minutes from Gympie or 45 minutes from Noosa .....

I have been involved in the car scene locally for the past 7 years ... yes, a late bloomer.... at 27 years of age I purchased an XBGT ... and have been hooked ever since. The GT is gone, I am currently restoring a 73 XA Falcon 500 ute ... Factory 351 auto ... GS optioned. Am doing as close as possible, a factory restoration.

We have just today purchased an 03 BA XR6T in Blueprint. Wifes car, she tells me I can get a GT next year ..... woohoo.

I have been the President of the Cooloola Car Club Inc .... for the last 3 years and a member for the last 7.

I have run Motorkhana events on a Driver Training Skidpan as the President ..... and assisted prior to this. We have an average of 55 participants per event .... coming from areas between Bundaberg and the Gold Coast. The club has been running these events for 14 years ... and the last 2 have seen it go from a basic club event to a genuine Entry Level motorsports event.

I made a heap of positive shanges to the club, bringing it out from obscurity to showcase the benefits of what we do, not only to members but also to the local community. These changes included improvements to our clubrooms, new designed club shirts and increased sponsorship, a website and forum, newspaper stories after each event and reaching out to other car clubs across the state to introduce ourselves and tell them what we do. This is how I discovered the FPV and XR clubs ... with the Qld branch regular visitors to our Motorkhana events.....

Wanna see more of what we have done ... go to our website, then head to the Forum .... the website is out of date and needds major upgrading ... which I have organised to happen ... but won't be done before I head down South!

www.c3zone.org

pics??? .... here are my toys.

First up is a pic of my Troll .... it's a 93 GQ 7 seater. petrol and Gas ..... great for family fun weekends playing in the dirt and in the sand.

Next up is my project .... Project XA

and now the latest addition to our family ..... the XR6T

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
The new home of Motorsport in Central Victoria
XRNIL8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post