Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-04-2015, 01:14 AM   #121
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bridal Party Burnouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
You know...I think you might be onto something.

Many years back, we held in awe the guys in town who'd spent a fortune on cars that actually had power and could really go. The rest of us plebs had low powered cars that might be able to chirp the wheels if we really tried (and if the diff didn't let go). Our cars weren't fast, they weren't powerful, and they weren't very flash. Even the ones of us who had nice looking cars usually couldn't afford to spend much on what was under the bonnet to make it go faster...unless chrome counts.

Now, even a lot of four cylinder cars have power to shame V8's of days gone by. V8's are putting out power levels now that hyper-expensive supercars of years past could only dream of. Christ, the last ESP Ford with the legendary 351 only barely put out 140-odd kw.

Given the cheap second hand prices of some cars...even performance V8's of ten to fifteen years ago...young guys can now purchase a car easily on even basic finance which would outperform any of the legendary supercars Australian makers have wheeled out of the factory, with performance levels that would have been simply unobtainable "back in the old days" no matter how much money we had.

Basically, it's easier and cheaper to be a truly dangerous hoon than ever before...
Plenty of stock stroke 351 clevos running 10's at the drags. No point digging up power figures from smog choked vehicles...
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2015, 01:30 PM   #122
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2 View Post
Plenty of stock stroke 351 clevos running 10's at the drags. No point digging up power figures from smog choked vehicles...
He's left out the little bit where **** box 4cyls at the time were cranking out 37kw

Selective memory ftw
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2015, 01:47 PM   #123
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lols @ nanny in this thread

There is a little difference in something decent tapping it up on the brakes at a wedding and some toothless, half cut, rat tailed cracky trying to skid his VN out the front of your place at 3am

fo shizzle
5 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #124
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
ask yourself WHY (in your opinion) your civil liberties have been 'eroded', could it be we (baby boomers) behaved ourselves a little better than recent generations, a little bit of 'time and place' maybe
Exactly... And now we have these wonderful "Hoon Laws"

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
GazzF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #125
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzF6 View Post
Exactly... And now we have these wonderful "Hoon Laws"
I blame fat Tracey and her outrageous outrages

Televised clickbait for simpletons
Old 03-04-2015, 02:55 PM   #126
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
ask yourself WHY (in your opinion) your civil liberties have been 'eroded', could it be we (baby boomers) behaved ourselves a little better than recent generations, a little bit of 'time and place' maybe
Better behaved in regards to what? Burnouts? I don't know maybe so, but from speaking to family and work colleagues who are in the baby boomers generation, they tell me that drink driving was pretty much a weekly ritual for many people.
These days I have had a few mates admit to doing it once or twice when they are 'only just over', but nothing like the stories I have heard from the 'good old days'
Obviously people still drink drive, but from the stories I hear it's nothing like it used to be.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2015, 07:59 PM   #127
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love a rainy Good Friday when a cashed up bogan cuts sick in his R8 in a wet intersection.

Nothing says tuff ******* car like a hellie in the wet

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2015, 08:53 AM   #128
Tom Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
lols @ nanny in this thread

There is a little difference in something decent tapping it up on the brakes at a wedding and some toothless, half cut, rat tailed cracky trying to skid his VN out the front of your place at 3am

fo shizzle
I disagree. If I'm going to be woken up at 3am in either case, at least I'll be entertained by something that looks and sounds cool if it's an exotic, and not a VN. I was visiting Kuala Lumpur a couple of years ago and some dude in a brand new porsche gt3 decided to cut laps around the city, full noise at 3am. It was a pleasure to listen to fine German engineering, despite the lack of sleep. Interestingly, after doing it for long enough to presumably run out of fuel, there was still no sign of police. I'm not suggesting we take a leaf out of the book from Malaysian police by the way. But the way they do business is just as underhanded as some hwy patrol car hiding in the bush at the bottom of a hill with no previous accident history, waiting for the slightest lapse in speedometer monitoring. I sometimes feel like I'm watching the speedometer more than the traffic around me. Apologies, I've digressed from the subject at hand!
Tom Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-04-2015, 10:46 AM   #129
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tucker View Post
I disagree. If I'm going to be woken up at 3am in either case, at least I'll be entertained by something that looks and sounds cool if it's an exotic, and not a VN.
This

Was awoken to the sound of an M5 doing a solid skid out the front of our apartment in New York this morning, looked out the window and got full view of of a gorgeous rear end going sideways for 150m up the street at full noise, it was glorious
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2015, 12:09 PM   #130
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
This

Was awoken to the sound of an M5 doing a solid skid out the front of our apartment in New York this morning, looked out the window and got full view of of a gorgeous rear end going sideways for 150m up the street at full noise, it was glorious
and not a single **** was given
4 users like this post:
Old 06-04-2015, 04:26 PM   #131
Vekgib

Late one night in March, 2003, two guys in their Commodores (one a VT, the other a VS) decide to have a race along Five Islands Rd, Port Kembla.
Driver of the VT lost control, and was stopped by a telegraph pole.Dead before the noise of the impact subsided.Driver of VS fled.
Friend of mine who at the time was a police officer at Port Kembla was saying that the speed at time of impact was estimated to be 190kph.
Police pleaded with the other driver to come forward.To no avail.
Big article in the Illawarra Mercury with his mates saying what a great bloke he was, loved his car etc etc.
Huge funeral covered by Illawarra Mercury and WIN news.
Fast forward to May, 2003, and Mrs Vekgib and I are guests at the wedding of a work colleague of Mrs Vekgib.
At the conclusion of the service, as the bridal party depart for the traditional photo session, they climb into three HSV's.
All three drivers give their cars a little poke as they leave,but nothing ridiculous.
The flower girl and page boy leave in a VS Commodore which does a burnout at the front of the church and then proceeds to get it sideways up the street as it chases the HSV's.
Two months after his mate was killed, he not only had learned SFA from it, but nobody seemed to have a problem with what he did at the church with two young children in the car.
I'm no wowser, but upon viewing that video, my mind takes me back to that day almost twelve years ago.
I just can't comprehend the need for that behaviour.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 06-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #132
Rowdy Fitment
Armbar Assassin

Is that whole Queen st. area just full of fully hectic lebos? Hear nothing but bad things about anything automotive to do with Queen st.

So stupid to do that **** in a residential neighborhood. all those flash cars, and all that money, hire a racetrack or something for the day and do it properly.

The 'pro' defence is silly as well. Professional drivers crash and seriously injure or kill themselves all the time. Hell Paul Walker a car nut died in a crash with a professional driver driving. Pros are still human, **** like this is meant for the track not suburban streets.
Rowdy Fitment is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2015, 05:32 PM   #133
Rowdy Fitment
Armbar Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
He's left out the little bit where **** box 4cyls at the time were cranking out 37kw

Selective memory ftw
What does that have to do with anything? His whole point was that cars thesedays are a lot more powerful and its true. Many 4cyl crs thesedays put out more power than many of the v8s of old. 4cyl cars previously have no power at all doesn't change that, not one bit.
Rowdy Fitment is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2015, 06:05 PM   #134
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
This

Yesterday I was witness to some nob in a new Corolla do a hand brake turn into my court.

Not so glorious unfortunately.

I don't really mind people doing that sort of stuff just not in housing estates, go out and do it where no one is.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-04-2015, 05:49 AM   #135
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Fitment View Post
Is that whole Queen st. area just full of fully hectic lebos? Hear nothing but bad things about anything automotive to do with Queen st.

So stupid to do that **** in a residential neighborhood. all those flash cars, and all that money, hire a racetrack or something for the day and do it properly.

The 'pro' defence is silly as well. Professional drivers crash and seriously injure or kill themselves all the time. Hell Paul Walker a car nut died in a crash with a professional driver driving. Pros are still human, **** like this is meant for the track not suburban streets.
I don't believe any of the Queen St cars were doing burnouts. It's was apparently just random wedding guests doing the wrong thing.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: