The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #121
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Driving skill experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
So do you have any evidence to support your theory on this? See my more detailed response below ...

Yes, I have heard of it - I've also heard of the Easter Bunny. What I'd like to know is how someone can regulate their concentration to match the speed they are driving which is what you are suggesting? It is my long held belief that regardless of the speed a driver must give 100% concentration which you have agreed with elsewhere so your own position on this seems confused. The simple fact is that the longer one does any chore the risk of fatigue increases so when concentrating fully one must have regular rest periods.

And this is where you actually contradict yourself - I have said the same thing consistently but honestly can't see your two views having continuity ...
What drives you to be so passionately against everything I write?

What drives you to find a contra argument to everything I write?

What have I done that drives you so insane, is it my experience(s), is is the way I type things, is it that I am prepared to state my experiences, is that I am an old bloke who has done a fair bit and have collected a lot of knowledge along the way?

Give me a picture of the person behind the words that drives you to find fault in everything I type?

You must lead a lonely sad existence!
Old 10-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #122
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84xespac
I think this is a fantastic idea. Would be interesting to see how many on here shape up for a test like this. I have believed for years that if they made people sit for their licence every 5 years or so that most licenced drivers would probably fail due to the bad habit that we all develop along the way.
mostly because most people are crap at reverse parking.

never heard of a reverse park gone wrong killing anyone.

how about we test *relevant* skills?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #123
T3man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
What drives you to be so passionately against everything I write?

What drives you to find a contra argument to everything I write?

What have I done that drives you so insane, is it my experience(s), is is the way I type things, is it that I am prepared to state my experiences, is that I am an old bloke who has done a fair bit and have collected a lot of knowledge along the way?

Give me a picture of the person behind the words that drives you to find fault in everything I type?

You must lead a lonely sad existence!
Sorry if you think that everything I wrote in my first post was directed at you. Maybe it was your Big head Trev??? Certainly everything in my second post was; as you quoted me and I simply responded.

I'm not aware of any "history" between us so I don't understand your own empassioned questioning of my motives.

I didn't attack you personally so I don't know what has brought this on. I have simply stated my views and tried to give some balance and reason to my argument. If I failed ... sorry.

I noted you stated your own qualifications with some degree of pride (nothing wrong with that) but I don't feel the need to justify or explain my own background to you. This is not a p!ss!ing contest. However, my background is not dis-similar to your own in many ways and I have nothing against old farts. Hell I've been around since 1954 myself!! And driving since 1963.

Apologies to the OP for digressing.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #124
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I think this is getting a bit out of control. I think it is time to temporarily close the discussion until I have further developments in this idea. Mods/Admin, could we please close it for now? For those that have asked, I have no intention nor the time available to organize such an exercise outside the Brisbane area.

Those that are interested in participating or have some genuine ideas for the conduct (if it happens at all), please send me a pm. If I take a while to get back to you, please understand that I am currently flat out with study and work.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #125
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
I think this is getting a bit out of control. I think it is time to temporarily close the discussion until I have further developments in this idea. Mods/Admin, could we please close it for now? For those that have asked, I have no intention nor the time available to organize such an exercise outside the Brisbane area.

Those that are interested in participating or have some genuine ideas for the conduct (if it happens at all), please send me a pm. If I take a while to get back to you, please understand that I am currently flat out with study and work.
Done.
Closed Thread