Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-12-2009, 11:06 PM   #121
menil
fg pursuit

IMO anyone who thinks catching a speeding motorist is more important than a human life is nothing short of an oxygen theif.
*edit*
Before anyone waffles on about stollen cars again mine is insured isnt yours .Its a long bow to draw that every speeding car is stollen.
*edit*
maybe we better pull everyone up their bound to have committed a crime recently .

Last edited by SpoolMan; 28-12-2009 at 11:23 PM. Reason: bad taste, adds nothing to thread.
menil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #122
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by menil
IMO anyone who thinks catching a speeding motorist is more important than a human life is nothing short of an oxygen theif.
*edit*
Before anyone waffles on about stollen cars again mine is insured isnt yours .Its a long bow to draw that every speeding car is stollen.
*edit*
maybe we better pull everyone up their bound to have committed a crime recently .
Thankyou for confirming what we all suspected...

Last edited by SpoolMan; 28-12-2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: edited quote
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #123
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by menil
*edit*
*edit*
i assume that if you come home one night to find someone going through your house, you will at the very least take a seat and watch them take what is left. i mean, you are insured aren't you - the sentimental value and the feeling of being violated does not come into it, does it. you obviously would not approach them, because their human life is more important than your possessions, and you are not an oxygen thief

or does your theory of letting people off only work when the police are concerned, not yourself

Last edited by SpoolMan; 28-12-2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: edited quote
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #124
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
i assume that if you come home one night to find someone going through your house, you will at the very least take a seat and watch them take what is left. i mean, you are insured aren't you - the sentimental value and the feeling of being violated does not come into it, does it. you obviously would not approach them, because their human life is more important than your possessions, and you are not an oxygen thief

or does your theory of letting people off only work when the police are concerned, not yourself
Just seems too logical doesnt it... :

Old 28-12-2009, 11:27 PM   #125
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Can we keep the posts so they contain real comments and content based on the 1st question.
Attempting humor in posts, that may be seen in bad taste inst needed on a family Forum.
If the post doesn't add anything new to the threads discussions, think before you submit the post.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #126
menil
fg pursuit

Assume and suspect both very dangerous words when they talk about people they dont know .For the record I have enormous respect for the police force .
menil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #127
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
140 is hardly earth shattering, especially considering most 100km/h zones, probably not that bad over all, still surprised why he didn't just pull over and cop a mid range speeding infringement, perhaps even talk his way to a lesser offence.. irrelevant anyways.

A midrange speeding ticket?? For doing an extra 40kmh in a 100kmh zone in Australia... Your in big trouble! Doesnt suprise me one bit people do a runner as the speeding laws are way over the top. I still shake my head as in the old days I would sit on 150 on the highways in the XD, I would be thrown in jail for that kind of long-distance driving nowadays.

Its like in some US states with the 'three strikes and your out' rule, police pursuits went up dramatically as the risk-reward equation made trying to escape a lot more attractive to people who were guaranteed a prison sentence on their third offence.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #128
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

running from the police is dumb plain and simple, lets say you are an ex F1 driver and you manage to outrun them (not that one would be that stupid) I am certain that the Police would have some evidence of the incident, recorded rego number or something, fact is running achieves nothing you run from them and get away, just to have them waiting in ambush at your home address anyway for when you get home. Resulting in you getting caught for whatever driver offences witnessed by the pursuing officers but additional charges as well lets name some : resisting arrest, Failure to obey a police officer directive & car impoundment for hoon behavior

that is if you are lucky enough to both outrun the police and make it home, else you wind up in an accident of some description, at which time the police will catch up with you anyway. :

The cops catch people who commit crimes, its what they are paid to do, and lets be honest they have got to getting good at it by now..

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #129
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Obviously if you did a runner you wouldn't go straight home, to walk right into the police "ambush".
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post