Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #121
Cobramad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: cops using camo nets to hide behind! In ...VIC!

I'd hope we are all good enough drivers who are able to exercise discretion and drive to conditions whilst not becoming an obstruction to other road users. I guess if you are happy to stick to the limit, also be sure to keep left...
Cobramad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #122
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Given they have impounded a ******** of bikes in this one place i'd say it's a targeted response..
Care to share where you got your statistics from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
There is a difference between general driving / traffic, going 10km/h over the limit and going to a specific piece of public road to do 50+ over the limit.
I agree, but you show me apart from the small stretch on Reefton Spur where 50+kmh over the limit can be done?

The cops know that riders and drivers will use the short opportunity to overtake a slow car on the short stretch of straight road, hence why they are set up there.
Considering a reasonable bike will go from 80-130kmh in under two seconds, no gear change and become more stable is no real biggie to a bike rider.
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #123
Chrisosicko
ADELAIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
I really hate comments like this!!

All I'm going to say on this topic. You can bet your sweet **** they have saved 100's hundreds lives over the years by giving people speeding fines!!
And does sending a letter in the mail 2 weeks after the speeding incident save lives? It's a cop out. More cops on the road physically pulling people over before they do kill people saves lives. Not someone hiding in the bush
Chrisosicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #124
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Never done 72 in a 70 zone?
The future generation of TOG will be pulling you over for just that. It will take around 10 years but its being drummed into the new recruits now. From a trusted source...
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #125
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe it's more dangerous having my eyes constantly fixated on the speedo then on what's happening in front of me. If this means constantly copping 5kph over the limit fines then so be it unfortunately.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #126
Stagg
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post
I believe it's more dangerous having my eyes constantly fixated on the speedo then on what's happening in front of me. If this means constantly copping 5kph over the limit fines then so be it unfortunately.
Well said.

There are legitimate and good reasons as to why speeding fines should be given out (amongst other money grubbing reasons), although becoming stricter and stricter as speeding laws are now, I think that especially in VIC we are going to be crossing that fine line between what is reasonable law enforcement and just plain 'any reason to fine someone' which as you say could become much more dangerous, with people keeping their eyes on the speedo as opposed to the road.

I personally believe that active safety is just as practical as passive safety when it comes to potential hazards and worst case scenarios. Me personally I had to floor it yesterday driving down the olympic highway, because some ****head was tailgating me at 100kph in a truck. IF I had to suddenly brake then I would have all that weight crushing my car with me inside. Personally, on those occasions, I would rather speed for a good reason as opposed to being killed!
Old 13-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #127
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw one of those electronic signs today on eastlink. "Look well ahead to avoid hazards and accidents" Kinda hard to do seeing its riddled with speed cameras and the dodgy Wellington Rd one!! You have 2 choices, cruise control (if you have it) or constantly monitor your speed and glimpse into the distance...
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #128
BHDOGS
Banned

When I read these threads I realize I am an amazing driver I can drive at the speed limit and not constantly look at the speedo I can even drive by speed cameras knowing I'm not speeding I should join v8 supercars
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #129
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz View Post
Saw one of those electronic signs today on eastlink. "Look well ahead to avoid hazards and accidents" Kinda hard to do seeing its riddled with speed cameras and the dodgy Wellington Rd one!! You have 2 choices, cruise control (if you have it) or constantly monitor your speed and glimpse into the distance...
Or just drive with the flow of the traffic keeping a reasonable distance between you and everyone else, keeping to the proper lanes and using the RH lane for overtaking, knowing and expecting the unexpected and arriving at your destination stress free, alive and in time, even if it meant drifting over or under the designated speed limit and driving with the present conditions in mind, ........

but then that's not reality is it

PS ... saw that sign today too for the first time. Actually wished at the time that people would, and also look in the rear view mirror while sitting in the RH lane at 97 k's. Worst road in Vic for this.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #130
burnz
VFII SS UTE

glad i dont live in VIC,
private speed camera's are banned in my district, police must be in full view.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #131
LTDHO
The one and only

I'd like to see ad's on TV by different emergency services giving tips and advice on how to be a safer driver. Whilst I am aware this will cost money and not raise it, at least the money generated from speeding drivers can be put to saving lives.

Fact it, people die on our roads whils traveling under the speed limit. I think we all agree that a massive decrease in the road toll would be achieved by changing the drivers attitute and not forcing constand speedo checking.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post