Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 09:01 AM   #17101
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

I needed saving from myself right? What a load of garbage.
This user likes this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 09:41 AM   #17102
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
I needed saving from myself right? What a load of garbage.
If you did catch covid and were of the percentage that got pneumonia, would you go to hospital for treatment or would you tough it out at home hoping that you got better?
edit: If you were to have stayed unvaccinated I mean

Old 05-12-2021, 09:55 AM   #17103
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Do you really want to live in a society where your access to medical help is based on your lifestyle choices?

So if you’re a smoker you don’t get help? Obese? Nah, back of the queue for you….

Medical help should always be a need based system, regardless of people’s personal choices.
It's like that now in WA, it's well hidden from the public, but it is practice here in Perth!
Old 05-12-2021, 09:55 AM   #17104
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
I'm old enough to remember the outcry when Victoria Australia was the first state in the western world to mandate the wearing of seatbelts in 1970.

All other states followed Victorias lead within 14 months, making Australia the most progressive country in the world with this vital and now obvious reform.

With hindsight the arguments against the use of seatbelts in the 1970's seem ridiculous by 2021 standards.

On the 1st of January 2016 the Victorian government introduced 'no jab no play' legislation.

The same legislation was introduced nationally within 2 years mandating children attending; childcare, kindergarten and school must show proof of vaccination against preventable diseases.

This reform increased the amount of children protected from preventable diseases.

In 2021 we still have outbreaks of preventable diseases that we could have eradicated from Australia if not for people who refuse to vaccinate their children.

Sorry I may have gone off topic...
Now you can add first in the country to have a specific bill to manage pandemics.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 10:02 AM   #17105
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if if if

i guess when covid reaches me, and i dont get sick, it must be because of the jab right? i mean cant prove otherwise anymore
Old 05-12-2021, 10:05 AM   #17106
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Got my 2nd jab yesterday, and have a fever, chills and feel horrible. Didn't get it out of choice. Was blackmailed by my government & threatened to take my freedoms away if I didn't.

Nurse wouldn't accept that as a green light to go ahead, and made me utter the words that I wanted it done on my own accord first

Now I'm struggling to see why a healthy 41yo individual, forcefully needed to be pumped full of **** because of a respiratory illness with a 99.9% survival rate, that symptoms can be so horrifying, some people don't even know they have it, yet I'm still able to be infected by this plague, and still able to spread it. Im absolutely livid.
When my left lung was ripped outta my chest a few months ago I dident even feel it's loss, both of my Pfizer jabs gave me one night of insomnia, the removal of my lung saved my life!...for a little while, but it was a sacrifice I asked for, only to save the rest of my body but it failed, or if they dident do it I would be dead now instead of a year later, but the small sacrifice I made was for the good of the whole, (body)
It's a tiny price to pay to watch the sunrise for another year, or to have my cat under my car bonnet watching me work!

Yes its worth a little discomfort, to benefit the whole
Old 05-12-2021, 10:24 AM   #17107
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
some people don't even know they have it
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Much like Cancer, right?
Old 05-12-2021, 10:43 AM   #17108
leesa

Quote:
if if if

i guess when covid reaches me, and i dont get sick, it must be because of the jab right? i mean cant prove otherwise anymore
That's not really the point, is it?
You're now less likely to require a hospital admission which will free up hospital resources for other people, keeping more people alive.

Old 05-12-2021, 10:56 AM   #17109
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
I needed saving from myself right?
Clearly you did otherwise you'd have been willing to sacrifice your freedoms for 'the cause'.

I don't disagree with Charlie's comments per se - I don't want to see a country any more divided or fractious than it already is but this also isn't the Australia (or world for that matter) that we grew up in and I'm not even sure that what we called 'Aussie values' even exist any more in a country where 30% of the population once called somewhere else 'home' - but that's a discussion for another day.

What I expect will happen, now that the real target (>90%) has been reached is this:

- the point will be reached (probably inside 6 months) where the difference in vaccination status won't matter for most things within Australia, either because the requirement to be vaccinated will be removed or the level of checking becomes so poor as to be practically ineffective. That's not to say that some things, especially Government controlled ones, won't be restricted but I expect that it won't be many.

- there will be no difference in the Health care available regardless of vaccination status and nor should there ever be. That's not to say that there won't be instances where a stressed health care worker gives someone grief for not being vaccinated if they are in a COVID ward but that's only to be expected. The disclaimer is that if we ever get into a situation where our hospital system can't cope and we are forced to triage then an unvaccinated person might get lower priority.

- restrictions on international travel are likely to stay in place for awhile (12 months +) which is only sensible given the regular appearance of new variants. Likewise, I can't see our Government easing the requirements for incoming travellers much either in the mid term.

- the mandates for vaccination across large slabs of the workforce aren't going away any time soon - if ever. I don't even think we'll go down the path of allowing regular testing as an alternative so unless you want to work in one of the few exempt classifications or can work entirely from home, get used to it as it's probably here to stay.

Don't get me wrong. 90%+ of the eligible 15+ population is a great result but that still leaves almost 22% of the total population unvaccinated or around 5M people.

More worryingly, there are parts of Australia that are well below even 90% of >15's so even looking at the data by State isn't really a good way to be making decisions.

Case in point: the ACT has been celebrating about reaching almost 95% and, for most of the SA3 areas that's true with 7 of the 9 at greater than 95% but Canberra East is only at 59.3% 1st dose and 57.2% fully vaccinated while North Canberra is at 87.4/85.4% respectively.

NSW has 98 SA3 regions of which 63 are over 95% and a further 17 are between 90-94.9% but that leaves 18 that are under 90% with Sydney Inner City (75.3/73.7%); Marrickville / Sydenham / Petersham (81.2/79.7%) and Eastern Suburbs South (81.6/79.6%) the worst.

Of the 66 Victorian SA3 regions, 17 are below 90% with Brunswick / Coburg; Port Philip, Yarra and Stonnington West all below 80% fully vaccinated.

WA has none of the 34 regions at >90% fully vaccinated;
Tasmania has 4 of the 15 regions at >90% fully vaccinated;
SA has 1 of the 28 regions at >90% fully vaccinated;
Queensland has 1 of the 82 regions at >90% fully vaccinated; and
NT has 1 of the 9 regions at >90% fully vaccinated and has 2 that are under 50%.

Observatio Facta Rotae

6 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 11:11 AM   #17110
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

7 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 11:24 AM   #17111
slowsnake
Banned

Just opened my Sunday paper, it fell open on a vax protest page, and right in the bottom corner was the story printed below, I can't believe it really, the lengths idiots, or I'll informed idiots will go to for a fake jab!

Author unknown from Biella, Italy.

FAKE ARM VAX FAIL.

An anti vaxxer tried to trick a nurse into injecting his coronavirus jab into a "fake arm" to avoid being inoculated.
The Italian man in his 50's had wanted to obtain a COVID health certificate without actually being vaccinated.
But he was caught and reported to the police in northern Biella.

Regional govoner Alberto Cirio said the silicone arm looked "very similar" to real skin, the colour and touch raised the suspicion of the health worker, who asked him to show "the whole arm"
The incident would border on the ridiculous, were it not for the fact we are talking about an extremely serious act.

The unnamed health worker was suspended from his job for refusing the jab which is mandatory for all staff in the Italian health sector!
End QUOTE.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:39 PM   #17112
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love it how the MSM (Travelling Circus) say hundreds or just thousands of people attend these protests.

Anyone that has been to an AFL grand final knows what I'm talking about. They appear to be gaining in size and that's not including the people that have other obligations or commitments, or the folks that just CBF.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 01:08 PM   #17113
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:

Why is the bloke on the left dressed as a female? (Not that there’s anything wrong with that )
Old 05-12-2021, 01:27 PM   #17114
slowsnake
Banned

HIPPOS CATCH COVID-19

Brussels.
Author unknown.

A Belgian zoo says a pair of hippopotamuses in its care are in isolation after testing positive to COVID-19, possibly the first time such animals have caught the disease!

Belgium's veterinary lab has confirmed that Antwerp Zoo's two hippos - Imani, aged 14 yrs and 41 yr old Hermien have contracted COVID-19.
It's unclear how they caught it. Both are well, apart from exceptionally runny noses.

Keepers have tightened virus restrictions around the zoo.
To my knowledge it's the first recorded contamination among this species.
Throughout the world this virus has mostly been seen in Great Apes and felines, Antwerp zoo vet Francis Vercammen said.
End QUOTE.

Well hippos come from Africa the home of Omicron?
Makes you wonder if hippos in Antwerp get the virus, what about the African hippos?......are they the vector......
Old 05-12-2021, 02:17 PM   #17115
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mandatory vax for hippos now or they can't be part of the zoo
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Old 05-12-2021, 03:03 PM   #17116
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Do you really want to live in a society where your access to medical help is based on your lifestyle choices?
How is vaccinating against a contagious illness a 'lifestyle choice'?

Quote:
So if you’re a smoker you don’t get help? Obese? Nah, back of the queue for you….
Can I catch your lung cancer or your obesity?

Quote:
The only consequence from not getting the jab should be the higher risk of getting a serious case of the covids.
Of course, but it's not, because it's contagious. The risk is not just to yourself, it's to others as well. And if you're willing to put others at risk through your selfishness, surely we should be able to put you at risk by employing triaging?
Old 05-12-2021, 03:43 PM   #17117
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Was blackmailed by my government & threatened to take my freedoms away if I didn't.
im still trying to get this blackmailed and threatened part
there still be jobs where its not mandated to have the jab from letter box dropper to successful stay at home sole trader
there will still be places to spend your money for needed and unneeded items even if some will need to be bought online and home delivered which quite a few do these days anyways
and i dare say youll still be alowed to travel all tho destinations may vary but there will be somewhere you could go
so your freedoms wont be take just changed to suit your want of freedom not to be vaxinated

and if your pushing your wants to your employers to keep your position with out , arnt you then enforcing the same idea of blackmailing and threatening them

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 05-12-2021, 04:10 PM   #17118
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just got asked to show vax status for the 2nd time ever. This time it was to enter a section of an outdoors farmers market out in whoop whoop! They had a few stalls outside the "checkpoint", I'm guessing to keep segregation to a minimum, but most of the good stuff was past the "checkpoint".

I've noticed regional Vic being very pragmatic in their application of the "rules".

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 04:24 PM   #17119
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
What a stupid thing to say. Sounds cool tho

Ok, maybe you won’t get over it
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 04:42 PM   #17120
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
HIPPOS CATCH COVID-19

Brussels.
Author unknown.

A Belgian zoo says a pair of hippopotamuses in its care are in isolation after testing positive to COVID-19, possibly the first time such animals have caught the disease!

Belgium's veterinary lab has confirmed that Antwerp Zoo's two hippos - Imani, aged 14 yrs and 41 yr old Hermien have contracted COVID-19.
It's unclear how they caught it. Both are well, apart from exceptionally runny noses.

Keepers have tightened virus restrictions around the zoo.
To my knowledge it's the first recorded contamination among this species.
Throughout the world this virus has mostly been seen in Great Apes and felines, Antwerp zoo vet Francis Vercammen said.
End QUOTE.

Well hippos come from Africa the home of Omicron?
Makes you wonder if hippos in Antwerp get the virus, what about the African hippos?......are they the vector......
fake news...please see bold text.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 05-12-2021, 04:50 PM   #17121
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
That's not really the point, is it?
You're now less likely to require a hospital admission which will free up hospital resources for other people, keeping more people alive.

You do realize Leeza that we are not an endangered species and all our issues are a direct consequence of over population...yeah?

Maybe mother nature is just doing her job..
(with a little bit of help from der woo hen batz.)

Old 05-12-2021, 05:04 PM   #17122
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Just opened my Sunday paper, it fell open on a vax protest page, and right in the bottom corner was the story printed below, I can't believe it really, the lengths idiots, or I'll informed idiots will go to for a fake jab!

Author unknown from Biella, Italy.

FAKE ARM VAX FAIL.

An anti vaxxer tried to trick a nurse into injecting his coronavirus jab into a "fake arm" to avoid being inoculated.
The Italian man in his 50's had wanted to obtain a COVID health certificate without actually being vaccinated.
But he was caught and reported to the police in northern Biella.

Regional govoner Alberto Cirio said the silicone arm looked "very similar" to real skin, the colour and touch raised the suspicion of the health worker, who asked him to show "the whole arm"
The incident would border on the ridiculous, were it not for the fact we are talking about an extremely serious act.

The unnamed health worker was suspended from his job for refusing the jab which is mandatory for all staff in the Italian health sector!
End QUOTE.

Author from Facebook feeds?

Last edited by zilo; 05-12-2021 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:08 PM   #17123
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah agreed. Delete 99.9% of the posts here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
This sort of rubbish isn't needed.

Gaso will be along soon to delete them including this one..

Old 05-12-2021, 08:20 PM   #17124
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I see the inevitable approval for vaccinamacation of kidlets has moved closer to a full rubber stamp. Electoral coincidence by timing of its implied commencement - surely not?

Aside from that, watching with interest the slowing down of NSW vaccination rates. 95%x2 is going to be a long time coming, I feel longer than the 50-odd days suggested by Covidlive calculations.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:44 PM   #17125
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
fake news...please see bold text.
No author or reporters name?.....from A Reuters post in my Sunday paper?.....

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...19-2021-12-04/

Last edited by slowsnake; 05-12-2021 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Add a bit
Old 05-12-2021, 11:49 PM   #17126
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Author from Facebook feeds?
Author from Reuters.....
I feed on food, not facebook!.....
Old 06-12-2021, 12:08 AM   #17127
slowsnake
Banned

Was reading about the dire circumstances of the indigenous African people, these poor specimens of humanity need all the help of the rich western countries, it's little wonder we have a lot of strange/odd illnesses, but WHO in conjunction with another so called help group CEPI, that stands for Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovation.

The African country of Burundi with a population of 11.9 million people has a vaccination rate of 0.01%, you read it correctly, which is why WHO developed the Covax program with CEPI on board?
What it means is that lucky countries like we live in, Australia and all the other western countries agreed to help poorer countries with their "extra vaccines"

Burundi has a annual GDP of $3.2 billion dollars, Australia spent $3.2 billion dollars for 126 million doses of vaccines for Covid-19 and our population is 26 million, so even 3 vaccinations per person only adds up to 78 million, so we have a spare 48 million doses that would triple vaccinate the whole of Burundi and that is where the threat should be contained, but our Prime Minister is lost in his own heads pace, why can't we dispose of these extra vaccines into the arms of of the occupants of other countries, apparently we ( Australians ) did agree with other rich countries to help stop the spread of this insidious illness/virus before it spreads outside to the rest of the world!..

Last edited by slowsnake; 06-12-2021 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Autospell
2 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2021, 07:38 AM   #17128
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
This sort of rubbish isn't needed.
Yes poor form and needs to be called out, seems someone is a little bit frustrated with the apparent oppression.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2021, 08:38 AM   #17129
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT December 4th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,708 new cases for Australia and 9 deaths so the CMR is 0.943%.

95 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.364%.

The UK had 41,457 cases yesterday and 127 deaths for a CMR of 1.397%.

147,434 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,352 deaths sees CMR at 1.620%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)

Global cases move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period;
Europe passes 75M cases;
North Americas passes 1.2M deaths;

South Korea (5,352)

.... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2021, 09:10 AM   #17130
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC
NSW records 286 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0207 (from 1.0440) while the actual line moves back toward the predictive trend line.

VIC records 980 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9906 (from 1.0236) while the actual line is back below the predictive trend.

Overlay…

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Closed Thread