Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-12-2021, 12:22 PM   #17521
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Just home from getting the booster.

15 cases in Yap-Hoon

I told the staff at the surgery that I haven't had this many needles since I had Syphilis
Old 30-12-2021, 12:37 PM   #17522
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT December 29th 2021.

18,149 new cases for Australia (a new record) and 8 deaths so the CMR is 0.647%.

NZ reported 54 cases and 2 deaths for a CMR of 0.365%.

The UK recorded 221,250 cases and 68 deaths for a CMR of 1.179%.

438,383 new cases in the USA yesterday (a new record) and 2,308 deaths sees CMR at 1.555%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 284M, the last 1M in 1 days;
Global cases set a new daily high of 1,580,179 and we can’t blame it on catch-up as that was covered in the 1.3M cases yesterday. That’s also >500k more cases than the previous high on 23rd December;
Europe sets a new daily high with 857,694 cases – 300k more than the previous high;
North America sets a new daily high with 504,058 cases – surpassing the 369,085 yesterday;
Europe passes 85M cases;
Oceania passes 500k cases;

The Faeroe Islands (287);
Curaçao (554);
Cabo Verde (602) – the previous high (449) on 28/4/21;
Aruba (671);
Montenegro (1,507);
Malta (1,337);
Cyprus (3,002);
Bolivia (4,934) – the previous high (3,839) on 10/6/21;
Zambia (5,255);
Switzerland (10,661);
Australia (18,149);
Denmark (22,023);
Greece (28,828);
Argentina (42,032);
Italy (58,009) based on a 4 day average;
Spain (100,760);
France (111,497) based on a 4-day average;
the United Kingdom (221,250); and
the USA (438,383)

.... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 30-12-2021 at 12:43 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2021, 12:38 PM   #17523
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
So the QLD government will accept rapid tests for entry.

How will they actually confirm they are from the person submitting them?

Is it just a matter of showing the plastic result 'thinggo' to someone when entering QLD?

Unless someone actually watches the test being done then the whole thing is pointless and open to abuse.
Chicken lady's policies and decisions change directions like a fart in the wind. They follow public pressure and are based on a popularity contest. Common sense and reality rarely comes into it.

But in the end it doesn't really matter. If no one has rapid antigen tests available to buy, then people entering Qld will still need to rely on government PCR tests. At the moment it solves nothing.

I actually believe this test prior entry is partly a ploy to keep people out of Queensland. If you make the entry requirements so onerous or difficult to obtain then its less likely someone will attempt it. All I read in the papers after Christmas is how many people were unable to travel because they couldn't get tests in time.

It's a way of partly keeping the border shut without having to actually do it. Save face and keep popular while still remaining cruel.
Old 30-12-2021, 01:36 PM   #17524
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
If no one has rapid antigen tests available to buy,
You can buy them, just have to know where to look.

I had a 5 pack delivered to my door yesterday for $32.
Old 30-12-2021, 02:15 PM   #17525
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post

where from?

Old 30-12-2021, 02:15 PM   #17526
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

I'd say that finding them in Adel is a lot easier than finding them in Hervey Bay
Old 30-12-2021, 02:39 PM   #17527
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
where from?
My Employer.
We had 40k kits in storage waiting for the approval to sell them, not having any trouble selling them I can tell you that, 10's of thousands more due tomorrow.

We're not even part of the health industry yet on Friday i asked in a Chemist and got told early January.
Terrible forward planning by some major players on this.

Just did one as a follow up from my negative PCR result from Sunday, been a close contact of my Covid positive daughter for a week now and returned a negative today.
This user likes this post:
Old 30-12-2021, 02:59 PM   #17528
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
I'd say that finding them in Adel is a lot easier than finding them in Hervey Bay
They were available in Hervey Bay before Christmas, I bought a 5 pack for a rainy day. But when the local testing centre went into overdrive and a self imposed shutdown they were advising locals to go buy home tests and only come back if that registered a positive. Can't find tests anywhere now.

But I was referring to big cities like Melbourne and Sydney. Our Melbourne friends cant find any and I'm seeing in newspaper comments that people cant find any in Sydney either. Doesn't mean there aren't more coming in or its a right time, right place situation, but at the moment it seems difficult.

They will probably become a premium in Adelaide too since the government has now banned PCR testing for residents wanting to leave the state.
Old 30-12-2021, 03:11 PM   #17529
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Chemist in Marrickville Metro was advertising them as available this morning when I was there.
Old 30-12-2021, 03:12 PM   #17530
.:4:.
Kicking back

This one sounds backwards to myself. So a mate of mine was deemed a close contact and got a pcr a couple days back. Yet to get a result. In said couple days he now doesnt feel well. He went to the gp today to get a RAT and they said no, not untill he has a positive pcr.
Correct me if im wrong, isnt the rat supposed to be used to, to a degree, to reduce the high demand on testing sites?
Old 30-12-2021, 03:23 PM   #17531
leesa

Quote:
My Employer.
We had 40k kits in storage waiting for the approval to sell them, not having any trouble selling them I can tell you that, 10's of thousands more due tomorrow.

We're not even part of the health industry yet on Friday i asked in a Chemist and got told early January.
Terrible forward planning by some major players on this.

Just did one as a follow up from my negative PCR result from Sunday, been a close contact of my Covid positive daughter for a week now and returned a negative today.
Can you post a link or company name here so that people can know where to look? I've been looking for a week, been to 11 stores and all sold out. Ordered a 5pack online but they haven't shipped as they now have no stock despite accepting my order and taking payment.

"If you know where to look" doesn't really help anyone who's looking and not finding.

2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2021, 03:32 PM   #17532
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Can you post a link or company name here so that people can know where to look? I've been looking for a week, been to 11 stores and all sold out. Ordered a 5pack online but they haven't shipped as they now have no stock despite accepting my order and taking payment.

"If you know where to look" doesn't really help anyone who's looking and not finding.
Sorry leesa, I dont think that would be appropriate for a public forum, especially with how Im often viewed.
Old 30-12-2021, 03:59 PM   #17533
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Just home from getting the booster.

15 cases in Yap-Hoon

I told the staff at the surgery that I haven't had this many needles since I had Syphilis

Old 30-12-2021, 04:16 PM   #17534
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

With Hospital beds filling up at a rate of knots how long before the conversation turns to who gets priority in the Vaxed/unvaxed argument.

I mean I know we like to think of Australia as that place where a persons rights are respected and everyone has a right to basic health care but when push comes to shove and vaccinated people are dying in their homes whilst unvaccinated people are occupying hospital wards, surely those warm cozy feelings of equality get set aside.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2021, 04:21 PM   #17535
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Old Parliament House has been set on fire by Sydney based Anti-Vaccine / Freedom movement groups, with ties to right-wing extremists. They have managed to tie-up with an Aboriginal group, waving lots of Aboriginal flags. A front for the media to blame the Aboriginal community no doubt.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-...fire/100731444

For the last couple of weeks they have been posting this idiotic notices at various sites.

Old 30-12-2021, 04:39 PM   #17536
roKWiz
Cabover nut

[QUOTE=Pooka;6665206] by Sydney based Anti-Vaccine / Freedom movement groups, with ties to right-wing extremists.

This aways makes me laugh when I hear Anti-whatever tie with extreme right wing....

Isn't right wing all about control of people and left wing about freedom ?

Old 30-12-2021, 04:48 PM   #17537
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
This aways makes me laugh when I hear Anti-whatever tie with extreme right wing....

You and me both.

Like when the protests first started in Melbourne and it was reported they were started by "extreme right wing" groups. I think even Albo said they the same thing.

But were in fact started by union members (construction at that time) and followed up be Labor and Greenie lefty freedom fighters.
Old 30-12-2021, 05:17 PM   #17538
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

So how does a "lefty communist" come into it?

Left = preference for gov setting rules and regulations. Right = people choose their own destiny. That's my understanding of it.

Gov has just agreed to change the definition of a close contact i.e. you must have been in contact with a positive case for 4 hours. Get ready!! Might actually convince me to go get boosted now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
Old Parliament House has been set on fire by Sydney based Anti-Vaccine / Freedom movement groups, with ties to right-wing extremists. They have managed to tie-up with an Aboriginal group, waving lots of Aboriginal flags. A front for the media to blame the Aboriginal community no doubt.

Another anti vax mate of mine has been sending me links and videos of aboriginal elders claiming that the vaccines are a "bio weapon" and that there is "forced vaccination" in their community. Fake news and nutters don't discriminate which community you are from.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 30-12-2021, 05:22 PM   #17539
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
So how does a "lefty communist" come into it?

Left = preference for gov setting rules and regulations. Right = people choose their own destiny. That's my understanding of it.

Gov has just agreed to change the definition of a close contact i.e. you must have been in contact with a positive case for 4 hours. Get ready!! Might actually convince me to go get boosted now...

Another anti vax mate of mine has been sending me links and videos of aboriginal elders claiming that the vaccines are a "bio weapon" and that there is "forced vaccination" in their community. Fake news and nutters don't discriminate which community you are from.
Wasn't Hilter extreme right ??

Old 30-12-2021, 05:27 PM   #17540
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wasn't Hilter extreme right ??
No idea. I think the extreme of either side are just as dangerous as each other. A mad man (or woman) will do mad things regardless of their political compass.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 30-12-2021, 05:52 PM   #17541
yakcam
I drank what?

Quote:
Sorry leesa, I dont think that would be appropriate for a public forum, especially with how Im often viewed.
It doesn't have to be public, you could just pm her.
Old 30-12-2021, 06:14 PM   #17542
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

138 cases and 253 in ACT for today and yesterday. We have hit 20k+ total in a day now.

After national cabinet today they redefined close contacts though history tells me the premiers will end up doing their own thing anything anyway .
Old 30-12-2021, 06:15 PM   #17543
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=roKWiz;6665213]
Quote:

The complete opposite.

And Hitler was on the Left.
Old 30-12-2021, 06:54 PM   #17544
Pooka
Shapeshifter

One of the key members of the protests over the last week or so in Canberra, and the burning of the OPB has been an idiot named Michael Simms. He is one of the leaders of the Sydney based MMAMV (Millions March Against Mandatory Vaccinations) group. Their Facebook page LIVE STREAMED the fire this morning. Have a look at the MMAMV Australia FB page for more evidence. Michael Simms can even be spotted in a couple of the video's doing the rounds on the socials of the OPB fire today. But this group is not the only one involved in this. There's also other far right-winged associated groups brainwashing people, including some of the Aboriginal communities to suit their agenda's. Using them as pawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
You and me both.

Like when the protests first started in Melbourne and it was reported they were started by "extreme right wing" groups. I think even Albo said they the same thing.

But were in fact started by union members (construction at that time) and followed up be Labor and Greenie lefty freedom fighters.
Fact? Geez mate, I have not been in the country the last 2 years, but could still see the bull**** going on from 8'000+km's away! Yes there were union members at that protest at the front of CFMEU HQ. But not all were CFMEU members either. It has been reported that there were an estimated 30'000 paid up CFMEU members present at that protest, which was said to be about 250'000 people. CFMEU Vic has a total of 120'000 members only. So even if every single of of them were at that protest (not a chance in hell), who were the other 130'000 people??

I haven't got the time to write essays on who, what, how and/or why the "construction workers" protest in Melbourne took place. So I'll link an article on the subject that'll explain it better than I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independent Australia 23 September 2021

Without any sort of leadership or strategy, the Melbourne anti-lockdown protests have descended into chaos without real purpose, writes Tom Tanuki.

PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS ASKING who’s behind anti-lockdown rallies. Now that they’re kicking dogs, desecrating the Shrine of Remembrance and trashing construction union headquarters, I notice the questions are growing a little more shrill.

After Monday’s attack on the Construction, Forestry, Maritime, Mining and Energy Union (CFMEU) HQ by assorted hi-vis men, the union categorised the protestors as Nazis and far-right extremists. Bill Shorten called them “man-baby Nazis”. Over the past 18 months, I’ve often argued against that summary dismissal of the movement, saying that in dismissing it as solely the work of White racists we ignore the reality of these multi-ethnic rally events. This includes smoking ceremonies by prominent Indigenous families at Brisbane rallies, tens of thousands of Middle Eastern people in Sydney last month and so on.

I’ve merely tried to say it was never simple, that this is a complex movement and we’re better off analysing it for what it truly is.

But I note a recent change in power dynamics that’s hard to ignore. People have written about far-right elements of the movement before but in Melbourne, it’s becoming more roundly co-opted by fringe elements due to its current chaotic, directionless state. Yes, there are certain people who are responsible for its rise. But they aren’t taking responsibility for the rallies and that’s why they’re degenerating.

It’s not simple. But let’s name some of them. First, let the past month of the anti-lockdown movement serve as context.
The rest of the article detailing the best bits can be read HERE.

There's plenty of other evidence available if you search. Quite a few from MSM even, but I like the mob in the link I provided above (Independent Australia). I find them to be up front and straight to the point. There was also video and/or photographic evidence doing the rounds on the socials at the time showing members of Melbourne's UPF (United Patriots Front) and AP (Antipodean Resistance), and other far-right group members present at that protest. With their names published along with photo/video evidence.

So yes, there were CFMEU members there. But the majority, if not all of the violent troublemakers who threw things at the CFMEU HQ, the Police, the media, etc, etc, weren't CFMEU members. The violence came from members of the anti-lockdown, anti-vaccine, anti-Daniel Andrews, anti-Labour government groups, and fuelled by members of far right extremists groups. Not from 'union members and Labor and Greenie lefty freedom fighters' as you so put it. Plain and simple facts.

Last edited by Pooka; 30-12-2021 at 07:05 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2021, 07:03 PM   #17545
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=CoupeKing;6665252]
Quote:

The complete opposite.

And Hitler was on the Left.
Hitler was a Facist which is far right

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism
4 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2021, 07:32 PM   #17546
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Looks like WA is about to join the party...

WA COVID update: New exposure sites listed including Domino’s pizza in East Fremantle, Portside Boulders

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cor...ders-c-5133103
2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2021, 07:56 PM   #17547
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

For the last couple of weeks they have been posting this idiotic notices at various sites.

I think you are no better than the news media when it comes to accuracy.
ABC is known for many lies and inaccuracies much as any other news media outlet.
Old 30-12-2021, 07:57 PM   #17548
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Fact? Geez mate, I have not been in the country the last 2 years, but could still see the bull**** going on from 8'000+km's away!
My comment was loosely worded and I am guilty of failing to include some commas, but yes it is fact.

Being 8000+km away for a couple of years might have caused you to miss some of the finer details.

The protests actually started a week or so earlier in response to unvaccinated workers not being able to share break rooms with vaccinated workers.

Unvaccinated workers were seen taking breaks in chairs on the footpath, in gutters and even on tram tracks. All in protest to mandatory vaccinations and not being able to share site facilities.

From there it graduated onto CFMEU HQ where it grew larger with union members and yes, it's attendance massively grew because it was gate crashed by outside protesters making their own point.

Quote:
Yes there were union members at that protest at the front of CFMEU HQ. But not all were CFMEU members either. It has been reported that there were an estimated 30'000 paid up CFMEU members present at that protest, which was said to be about 250'000 people. CFMEU Vic has a total of 120'000 members only. So even if every single of of them were at that protest (not a chance in hell), who were the other 130'000 people??
I never quoted numbers or cared for them in this case. But either way you have only proved my comment as accurate.

What started as a small protest with a handful of people on various sites grew to, by your own admission, a large protest numbering approximately 30,000 union members that was then crashed and taken advantage of by however many Labor and Greenie lefty freedom fighters... And it took on a life of its own from there.

I consider Labor and Greenie one and the same these days given how much they work hand in hand.

I agree yes, the violence was likely not perpetrated by all union members but by these gatecrashers.

But in reality that round of disgraceful protests had its origins in a group of anti-vax union construction workers, that grew with attendance of more union members and went nuts from there. Problem is, it wasn't reported that way. Even that article fails to mention the origins of those protests and only kicks off at the point where the original protest was co-opted or taken advantage of.
Old 30-12-2021, 08:00 PM   #17549
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A bunch of ****wits lighting up old parly has nothing to do with the Covid thread

ACT is going to buy 1m RAT from GSS in other news.
Old 30-12-2021, 08:16 PM   #17550
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

[QUOTE=xxx000;6665280]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post

Hitler was a Facist which is far right

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism
Indeed, some label Trump as fascist while others now contend that the Biden administration is also fascist

“When I use a word… it means just what I choose it to mean – neither more nor less.”

Humpty Dumpty
(Lewis Carroll)
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread