Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 12:18 AM   #17851
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Modelling from the University of Melbourne shows ‘staggering’ 10-day rise in Covid cases nationwide

Australia is hurtling towards a collective active caseload of almost two million Covid infections – almost one in 13 people – according to modelling based on the current daily number of infections, and that’s at the low end of the estimate.

The modelling shows that Australia will have 1,904,505 active cases by next Saturday on the low end of the scale.

For context, the current number of active cases nationwide is 448,497.

On the high end, it shows Australia will have 2,574,449 active cases by January 15 – which is more than one-in-ten Australians.

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...6cf582df182fd0
Old 09-01-2022, 01:17 AM   #17852
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
I know I said in my last post that I wouldn't post again on this farcical subject matter anymore, but this cannot be ignored. Last one.
Promises promises...

Quote:
It seems that it wasn't even Greg Hunt who set the new rule in regards to a past infection within the last 6 months would not qualifying for an exemption, even though ATAGI says it would.

The new rule seems to have been made up by Greg Hunt's assistant secretary?? The letter doesn't state 'on behalf of the Miniter For Health, Greg Hunt'. It's purely been signed off by the "First Assistant Secretary". Giving the impression Minister Greg Hunt had nothing to do with the decision.
Firstly, if you do a little research you will see that Lisa Schofield is not Greg Hunt's secretary, an assistant secretary or just some secretary. She is listed as being a member on the ATAGI executive team, specifically Program Policy Design.

https://www.health.gov.au/committees...-working-group

People like her don't get listed on sites like this or given jobs in the capacity they are unless they are eminently capable. Note the PSM at the end of her name, it's actually an Australian Honours award. So maybe some respect for the position, her experience and capabilities is deserved.

I'm guessing you think the US Secretary of State is just a secretary too? Secretary to the President maybe?

Quote:
AO's CEO Craig Tiley had contacted Health Minister Greg Hunt and ATAGI for clarification on the matter 10th November. Tiley then received a reply from Greg Hunt's secretary Lisa Schofield stating the rules. Not from Hunt himself.
If you read the letter date 10/11 properly, you will see it indicated the first correspondence Tiley had was directed to the 2 chairs of ATAGI, Blyth and Cheng, not to Greg Hunt. You'll probably find that in her position as part of Program Policy Design she was authorised and expected to initially reply to the request from Tiley, which she actually says that she is writing on their behalf. It was likely at that time the ATAGI and ABF policy was still in development and it was the logical first place to go.

Quote:
I'm guessing here that Tiley was not too impressed that it was Hunt's secretary replying, stating what the rules were, and not Greg Hunt himself. And he probably let it be known in his reply. And it does sound so by the tone of Hunt's reply.
An interesting way to see it given we cant see Tiley's actual correspondence.

But let me propose another scenario. Tiley was so desperate to get these people into Australia he kept on writing letters hoping someone would change their mind. You said it yourself

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if some AO applications had already been processed in the meantime
It's entirely possible he and the Vic Government had processed some exemptions already and he was desperate to get a workaround because that would mean he had to go back and reject the players.

You can see from Hunt's letter Tiley contacted many departments trying to get the answer he wanted, but couldn't. So ultimately Hunt sent him a letter that basically said "look here d*ckhead. We've told you over and over and they story is the same. But just so you get it, here are the rules. They haven't changed".

And whatever you want to think about Hunt changing the rules on a whim or "just some secretary" created them is wrong. Both letters say exactly the same thing. The only difference is the time of the letter. One was obviously before the policy became active and one was well after.

By the time of Hunts letter on the 29/11 the ABF policy had been publicly available on the Home Affairs website for at least 7 days. The earliest I can find it available is the 22/11.

https://web.archive.org/web/20211122...ted-travellers

Hunt wasn't chopping and changing a policy made up on a whim by some random assistant secretary, as you weirdly believe. It was Home Affairs and ABF publicly available policy already in place at the time.

Just on a side note, after Mum passed unexpectedly in mid 2020, at the height of the pandemic here, it was my job to help Dad with all the paperwork and dealings with the ATO, ASIC and Centrelink regarding Jobkeeper, their/his business and restructuring of the business.

I wrote many an email and sent many a document to the an Assistant Tax Commissioner and to the Tax Commissioner himself. NEVER ONCE did I get a reply from either of them. The replies all came from people or departments who were authorised and directed to speak on behalf of them.

When I needed to get my local federal member involved, never once did I speak to him or get an email or phone call from him. I always dealt directly with one or 2 specific members of his local office who liaised with the various departments themselves. Because they were authorised and directed to speak to these people on Keith Pitt's behalf.

That's how it works the vast majority of time.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:38 AM   #17853
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
It appears TA did have the authority to give the exemption. It also appears he had a "document" from the Department of Home Affairs , although its not clear if this is a personalised doc or something his team just downloaded. Vic Gov's role is that they set up the review panel

Of course, this is all his lawyer's submission, they'll still need to prove it.
I was reading through the various articles earlier and they were all a good read. Ultimately things are always going to come out towards the end of the wash and we're starting to get to the pointy end.

But yes they still have to prove it all.

Point 3 is interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what flows out from that.

Googling some more of the articles from Dan about the no vax no play rule, I noticed the earlier ones from October and so he was very firm that is was "not fully vaccinated then no play".

But I think the later articles he changed stance to "not fully vaccinated then no play or valid medical exemption allowed". I saw quick references to that in later articles from November and December. I'll have to find them again tomorrow.

It occurred to me earlier that Djokovic has to win this appeal. Some of the stuff I read earlier indicated that if someone has a visa denied it may be grounds to refuse future visas.

Quote:
The other funny thing is, he claims he tested positive on the 16th, but tweeted on the 18th a photo of him receiving his own stamp at a ceremony
That is scary in itself. If he was definitely infected and knew it it shows his attitude toward covid and his little care for other people.

Or maybe he never had covid at all.......

The final date to apply for an exemption was the 10/12. His previous covid infection was in June 2021, outside of the 6 month window prior to the 10/12. But yet he has an exemption processed at least 6 days or more after the latest cut off. Seems TA was desperate to have him in the tournament.

Go figure!
Old 09-01-2022, 01:55 AM   #17854
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
I was reading through the various articles earlier and they were all a good read. Ultimately things are always going to come out towards the end of the wash and we're starting to get to the pointy end.

But yes they still have to prove it all.

Googling some more of the articles from Dan about the no vax no play rule, I noticed the earlier ones from October and so he was very firm that is was "not fully vaccinated then no play".

But I think the later articles he changed stance to "not fully vaccinated then no play or valid medical exemption allowed". I saw quick references to that in later articles from November and December. I'll have to find them again tomorrow.

It occurred to me earlier that Djokovic has to win this appeal. Some of the stuff I read earlier indicated that if someone has a visa denied it may be grounds to refuse future visas.

That is scary in itself. If he was definitely infected and knew it it shows his attitude toward covid and his little care for other people.

Or maybe he never had covid at all.......

The final date to apply for an exemption was the 10/12. His previous covid infection was in June 2021, outside of the 6 month window prior to the 10/12. But yet he has an exemption processed at least 6 days or more after the latest cut off. Seems TA was desperate to have him in the tournament.

Go figure!
yep

from every ones favorite fox new channel
so it must be correct
https://abc17news.com/news/2022/01/0...ocuments-show/
Quote:
“Mr Djokovic had received, on 30 December 2021, a letter from the Chief Medical Officer of Tennis Australia recording that he had been provided with a ‘Medical exemption from COVID vaccination’ on the grounds that he had recently recovered from COVID,” the document said.

Djokovic’s first Covid-positive PCR test was recorded on December 16, 2021, and after not showing signs of a fever or “respiratory symptoms” he applied for a medical exemption to compete in the Australian Open, according to the document.

The 34-year-old — who has previously criticized Covid-19 vaccine mandates — was granted a medical exemption to compete in the tournament unvaccinated “on the grounds that he had recently recovered from COVID,” his lawyers said in a court submission Saturday.
straight from his layers mouth ...... apparently

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 09-01-2022, 02:21 AM   #17855
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
from every ones favorite fox new channel
so it must be correct
Sweet Jebus...

I'm assuming your objecting to my comments regarding dates.

Well... You'd be wrong about the sources, because all of the come from places other than your beloved Fox news. The date of his previous covid infection is listed as a day or 2 prior to the 23/6 where it was reported by The Guardian.

The final date to request a medical exemption comes from the AO information sheet.

See the last paragraph.

I'm not doubting the dates put forth by his lawyer. All I'm saying is they fall outside final dates for exemption set forth by AO and that AO must have jumped through hoops to organise this exemption given it could only have been applied for at least a week after the final date.

He couldn't have submitted one earlier because he was outside of the 6 month window.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:55 AM   #17856
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sweet Jebus...

I'm assuming your objecting to my comments regarding dates.

Well... You'd be wrong about the sources, because all of the come from places other than your beloved Fox news. The date of his previous covid infection is listed as a day or 2 prior to the 23/6 where it was reported by The Guardian.

The final date to request a medical exemption comes from the AO information sheet.

See the last paragraph.

I'm not doubting the dates put forth by his lawyer. All I'm saying is they fall outside final dates for exemption set forth by AO and that AO must have jumped through hoops to organise this exemption given it could only have been applied for at least a week after the final date.

He couldn't have submitted one earlier because he was outside of the 6 month window.
nope want objecting to anything
was agreeing with the highlighted part where you say , hence why i highlighted it , next time ill cut the post down to what im agreeing with in the return comment "yep" oh and fox isnt some where id usually go so not my beloved

Quote:
esp if it seems now that he has contracted it/recontacted it /or supposedly contracted it on the 16th dec , which i had just heard on a news brief so googled it and came up with that link

which gives me 2 questions

if these letters prier to the 16th dec , form hunt or atagi or whom ever stating prier covid pos wasnt going to be acceptable why did ao still give on untill it was sorted

and if he did supposedly have a pos reading on the 16th dec why would he think its still ok to travel anywhere in the world so soon or why did the medical officer of tennis aust think he would be allowed to travel

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
This user likes this post:
Old 09-01-2022, 10:46 AM   #17857
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
nope want objecting to anything
was agreeing with the highlighted part where you say , hence why i highlighted it , next time ill cut the post down to what im agreeing with in the return comment "yep" oh
In which case I owe you an apology. I completely misread and misunderstood what you wrote. Even though you put it in bold I just didn't see it.

I spent the day preparing all the crap for the BAS to send to out accountant. It was late and my mind was mush.

But regardless, sorry about that.

Quote:
fox isnt some where id usually go so not my beloved
I realised that. Was just a tiny sarcastic dig for giggles.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2022, 12:26 PM   #17858
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia
NSW records 30,062 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.1309 (from 1.1734) while the actual line finally drops below the predictive trend line.

Because of the extra RAT test results in Victoria yesterday, I am going to amend the total for yesterday to 30,581 (24,298 PCR + 5,923 RAT) and spread the remainder of the RAT test results (20,505) evenly across the previous 4 days. That still makes the 8/1 a new daily high for Victoria but not a National one.

VIC records 44,155 cases in the current period (a new record high) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.2755 (from 1.2674) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

Queensland (11,174), SA (4,274), ACT (1,305), Tasmania (2,223) and NT (594) set new daily highs yesterday (7/1).

Finally, here is the predictive trend graph for both NSW / Victoria based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

Observatio Facta Rotae

7 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2022, 01:24 PM   #17859
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT January 8th 2022.

115,402 new cases for Australia (a new record) and 23 deaths so the CMR is 0.267%. It should be noted that the total includes 20,505 Victorian RAT tests that were from earlier in the week, however, even without those it was still going to be a new record high.

NZ recorded 0 cases and 0 deaths for a CMR of 0.351%.

The UK recorded 140,566 cases and 313 deaths for a CMR of 1.047%.

872,517 new cases in the USA yesterday and 2,057 deaths sees CMR at 1.419%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 305M, the last 2M in 1 day;
Global deaths pass 5.5M, the last 50k in 8 days;
Global cases set a new daily record with 2,740,046 on 7/1;
North America sets a new daily high with 967,566 cases recorded on 7/1;
Europe passes 95M cases;
Oceania passes 1M cases;

Sao Tome & Principe (319);
Barbados (495);
Curaçao (963);
Jamaica (1,593);
Albania(1,801);
Kuwait (2,820);
Qatar (3,487);
Dominican Republic (6,200) – the 6th consecutive day;
Israel (22,398);
Ireland (26,122);
Philippines (26,458); and
Australia (115,402) – the 6th consecutive day

... all recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 02-02-2022 at 12:52 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2022, 01:40 PM   #17860
Itsme
Experienced Member

I don't know why people are laying the blame game with government departments from state to feds, Novak Djokovic would have a business manager to run his affairs who obviously did a poor job and at a good guess I would say TA shares some responsibility for misinformation handed to Novak Djokovic.
The court will decide the outcome if he plays or not.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:55 PM   #17861
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

There probably isn't any need to labour the point but some countries are so far above their 90th percentile for a 10-day average that it is almost unbelievable.

Australia leads the way with a 10DA of 53,648 and a 90thP of 1,745 for a delta of 3,100%. Comparatively the USA is 325% and the UK 394%.

Most Asian countries had been staying well below their 90th percentiles but a few are now creeping above including: Israel 139%, Vietnam 145%, Lebanon 168%, South Korea 169%, Turkey 172%, Qatar 187% and Cyprus way ahead of the rest at 656%.

European countries are mostly over their 90th percentile with the worst being: Portugal 501%, Malta 524%, Spain 535%, Ireland 568%, Denmark 580%, Italy 608%, France 616%, Greece 852% and Finland 875%.

Africa is also starting to get worse with several countries well over the 90th percentile: Kenya 197%, Ethiopia 213%, Uganda 289%, Zambia 291%, Mozambique 317%, Angola 400%, Ivory Coast 404%, Mauritania 405% and Cabo Verde 742%.

South America has a few above the 90th percentile: Uruguay 131%, Argentina 316% and Bolivia 368% but the rest are still below.

North America (apart from the USA) has Panama 195%, Dominican Republic 279% and Canada with 578%.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2022, 02:50 PM   #17862
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
I don't know why people are laying the blame game with government departments from state to feds, Novak Djokovic would have a business manager to run his affairs who obviously did a poor job and at a good guess I would say TA shares some responsibility for misinformation handed to Novak Djokovic.
The court will decide the outcome if he plays or not.
If we take our political lense off, it seems pretty clear all levels had a role in trying to pull a shifty on the public by trying to "sneak" them in. The other two got through no problems on the same documents. Joker tweeted, public found out, game over. He'll be sent home.

In any rate, our reputation has been tarnished. Wimbledon and Roland Garros have come out and said they will allow unvaxxed players to participate, without exemptions. They may just need to do some quarantine. Others will do the same. To add insult to injury, we have one of the fastest growing covid case rate in the world, so we can't even use the "we've handled it the best" as a justification.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2022, 03:38 PM   #17863
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
If we take our political lense off, it seems pretty clear all levels had a role in trying to pull a shifty on the public by trying to "sneak" them in. The other two got through no problems on the same documents. Joker tweeted, public found out, game over. He'll be sent home.

In any rate, our reputation has been tarnished. Wimbledon and Roland Garros have come out and said they will allow unvaxxed players to participate, without exemptions. They may just need to do some quarantine. Others will do the same. To add insult to injury, we have one of the fastest growing covid case rate in the world, so we can't even use the "we've handled it the best" as a justification.
To be quite honest I could not careless what the rest of the world thinks as we Australia & the States make our own rules as we see fit and no need to suck up.
I only offered another view as to how Djokovic may have stuffed up but like I stated the courts will decide his fate.
Other players will always come for the sport and prize money that is on offer.
Cheers.
Old 09-01-2022, 04:12 PM   #17864
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It also appears he had a "document" from the Department of Home Affairs , although its not clear if this is a personalised doc or something his team just downloaded.
Quote:
Latest information looks like Djokovic's kind of screwed.

The document from the Department of Home Affairs his lawyers referred to is the automated response from the online Australia Travel Declaration site. It appears to be page of self declaration check boxes and provides an instant result based on your answers.

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/a...el-declaration

Reminds me of the online version of the arrival cards you filled out on the plane, but this one is done online 3 days prior to departure. It appears your answers aren't scrutinised online and you have to present the actual proof to customs on arrival to support your declarations.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis...0a21875a5bca87

If this is to be believed one of the options to the vaccination status declaration question is simply

Quote:
I declare that I am exempt from vaccination requirements and I have evidence to support this
Ticking this along with others gives you the favourable outcome that he obviously received. But even then the wording of the outcome doesn't guarantee anything.

https://twitter.com/OpenCourt/status...43837685780481

This might present a problem for him in court. If the question relates strictly to a particular evidence document, lets call it XYZ, and he supplies ABC or DEF the judge may see it that he as provided a false declaration and that will really hurt his chances of winning in court. Might also make it really hard to enter Australia in the future too if he loses.

Quote:
Agree with you there. It's Australia and the Australian public who will have to bear the brunt of embarrassment for whatever the outcome is here. It will be well advertised what's happened for a while to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Novak Djokovic would have a business manager to run his affairs who obviously did a poor job
I still partly suspect Djokovic knew what he had was not enough to get him into the country but he was willing to try and force the issue anyways. Maybe thought we'd be a push over. A nothing to lose but everything to gain kind of situation.

You wouldn't think that Djokovic, his entourage and administration people could be so naïve and poorly informed as to a countries entry requirements for people so well travelled.

It also crossed my mind that this was all done on purpose to play games with those who hold strict rules. The speedy response by his lawyers was very speedy. Almost as if everything was prepared ready to go the moment something went wrong.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:36 PM   #17865
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Leaked letters: Federal authorities advised vax exemptions were Victoria's responsibility

Quote:
Federal government officials told Tennis Australia the Victorian government was responsible for assessing vaccine exemptions, according to leaked correspondence that shows Victorian Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton declared people with a prior infection could enter Victoria quarantine-free.

The new letters also show federal officials declined to check exemption applications in advance of travellers boarding planes, which could have avoided the need for Novak Djokovic's paperwork to be examined for the first time only when he arrived at Melbourne Airport.

The leaked documents show Tennis Australia was in weekly discussions with the federal Home Affairs Department.

On November 10, Allison Cairns, an adviser to Australian Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly, wrote to Tennis Australia, which had been asking whether players who were not fully vaccinated would be permitted entry.

"Medical exemptions from vaccination will be at the discretion of the state or territory, so it would probably be good to touch base with the state of arrival earlier rather than later to determine if any will be an issue," Dr Cairns wrote.

However, later in November, letters from Health Minister Greg Hunt and another departmental official explicitly state people who were recently infected will not be allowed into the country. The Victorian government asked Mr Tiley to explain the letters after The Age and Herald revealed them last week. Tennis boss Craig Tiley has not publicly addressed the later letters from Mr Hunt.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more...edgdhp&pc=U531
Old 09-01-2022, 08:13 PM   #17866
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Feels like armageddon out there. Folks wanted some souvlaki tonight. Drove around to 4 different souvlaki shops in 4 different suburbs....all "temporary closed". Noticed all the adjacent eateries were also closed. Still lots of cars on the road though.

Ended up getting fish and chips just down the road. Asked the owner whats going on...she said they haven't had any supply issues, except for whiting and flake a month ago.

Folks said the local coles shelves were stripped bare in the meat section a night ago. But tasman is still fully stocked.

It actually feels a bit freaky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Leaked letters: Federal authorities advised vax exemptions were Victoria's responsibility

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more...edgdhp&pc=U531
Beautiful. Glad that is sorted. Exemption has been granted, so free the prisoner and let him play.

We have been living with the virus, taking wickets in the virus, so I can't see whats the problem with joker playing free of the virus.....

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 09-01-2022, 09:47 PM   #17867
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guys
Why should one tennis player think he is better then anybody else so doesn't need to be Vaccinated even if his number one in the world?

The NRL were standing down football players and they couldn't play for there club's because they hadn't been Vaccinated.
I couldn't care less what the rest of the world think us as in Australia and Djokovic is more then welcome to leave and fly home.
Old 09-01-2022, 10:02 PM   #17868
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeomatureguy View Post
Hi Guys
Why should one tennis player think he is better then anybody else so doesn't need to be Vaccinated even if his number one in the world?

The NRL were standing down football players and they couldn't play for there club's because they hadn't been Vaccinated.
I couldn't care less what the rest of the world think us as in Australia and Djokovic is more then welcome to leave and fly home.
Because he comes from a Thirld World Country ( World Bank Stats ) not mine, and he is Serbia's GDP.......
Old 09-01-2022, 10:30 PM   #17869
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just reading on this media outlet that Djokovic was diagnosed with Covid Dec 16 ..but he attended three promotional events un masked over the next few days , viewed there unmasked . Regardless of whether the courts decide to let him play in the Oz Open or not I have lost any respect I had for this bloke .

How irresponsible can you get ? Claiming to have tested positive for the virus and still attending events un masked . How can that be ? Buggered if I know . Here is the article .. Decide for yourselves if it has validity first .

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/othe...edgdhp&pc=U531
Old 10-01-2022, 09:25 AM   #17870
slowsnake
Banned

Yep he is a jerk, a legend in his own lunchbox, biggest mistake ever breaking up Yugoslavia, worst than the partition of India, just causes more division, but it seems like it's a political move, nothing to do with tennis, just a puppet with a bad operator!
Old 10-01-2022, 11:36 AM   #17871
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

6 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2022, 11:37 AM   #17872
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Australia
NSW records 30,062 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.1309 (from 1.1734) while the actual line finally drops below the predictive trend line.

Because of the extra RAT test results in Victoria yesterday, I am going to amend the total for yesterday to 30,581 (24,298 PCR + 5,923 RAT) and spread the remainder of the RAT test results (20,505) evenly across the previous 4 days. That still makes the 8/1 a new daily high for Victoria but not a National one.

VIC records 44,155 cases in the current period (a new record high) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.2755 (from 1.2674) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

Queensland (11,174), SA (4,274), ACT (1,305), Tasmania (2,223) and NT (594) set new daily highs yesterday (7/1).

Finally, here is the predictive trend graph for both NSW / Victoria based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

Is there any info if or how VIC is making sure they do not double count cases? The instruction last week was get a RAT, then if positive get a PCR. I am not brimmed with confidence that these will be cross referenced, especially with all of the delays in PCR testing.

2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2022, 11:49 AM   #17873
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Is there any info if or how VIC is making sure they do not double count cases? The instruction last week was get a RAT, then if positive get a PCR. I am not brimmed with confidence that these will be cross referenced, especially with all of the delays in PCR testing.
Subject came up this morning on ABC. Heard it will take "a few days" for them to find a way to remove the double counting scenario, and for numbers to be fully accurate.

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2022, 01:25 PM   #17874
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia
NSW records 20,293 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0254 (from 1.1309) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 44,155 cases in the current period (a new record high) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.2391 (from 1.2755) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

Queensland (18,000) and SA (4,506) set new daily highs yesterday (9/1).

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 11-01-2022 at 09:27 AM.
4 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2022, 01:46 PM   #17875
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Australia
NSW records 20,293 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0254 (from 1.1309) while the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 44,155 cases in the current period (a new record high) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.2391 (from 1.2755) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

Queensland (18,000) and SA (4,506) set new daily highs yesterday (9/1).

Interesting the trend in NSW compared to Vic. One is contracting somewhat whilst the other is skyrocketing. Whilst I appreciate that these are the official figures, it seems as though there is some 'distrust' about the numbers in Vic:

Quote:
NSW figures 'clearly an underestimate', CHO says
NSW Chief Health Officer Kerry Chant is speaking in Sydney.

She says the NSW figures of more than 20,000 cases were from PCR tests and underestimate the true numbers.

"That clearly is an underestimate as people are moving and transitioning to RAT testing, the rapid antigen testing. And but just to let you know, that's certainly hopefully freeing up quite a lot of our capacity for PCR testing for those who need it," she says.

"If you can't access a RAT and need to be tested, please proceed to get a PCR test. One of the key issues is we just want people to be linked with care. If you fall into the categories where you are unvaccinated, you are pregnant, you have chronic underlying medical conditions, please don't delay getting a COVID diagnosis. It is critical that you are linked with care. And also please a reminder: Do not take symptoms such as breathlessness, particularly in young people when that is not your underlying usual condition, without taking that very seriously."

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2022, 01:58 PM   #17876
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT January 9th 2022.

99,542 new cases for Australia and 23 deaths so the CMR is 0.242%.

NZ recorded 148 cases (over two days) and 0 deaths for a CMR of 0.348%.

The UK recorded 141,398 cases and 97 deaths for a CMR of 1.037%.

468,467 new cases in the USA yesterday and 671 deaths sees CMR at 1.409%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 307M, the last 2M in 1 day;
Europe passes 96M cases;
North America passes 72M cases;
South America passes 41M cases;
The USA passes 61M cases;

Guinea (534);
Faeroe Islands (853);
Mali (1,217);
Kuwait (2,999) – the 5th consecutive day;
Qatar (3,689);
Peru (16,135) – the previous high (13,326) on 15/4/21;
Philippines (28,707); and
Mexico (30,671)

... all recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Japan moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 02-02-2022 at 12:53 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2022, 02:00 PM   #17877
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

A couple of notables out of the Vic presser today:

Quote:
Victoria introduces booster mandate for workers in some settings
The Victorian government has announced a requirement for workers in health care, aged care, disability, emergency services, correctional facility, quarantine accommodation and food distribution will be required to get a third dose before being able to return to work onsite.

These workers must already show proff of being double vaccinated and were among the first workers to get their first and second shots last year.

The orders come into effect at 11:59pm on Wednesday night and workers who are eligible for the booster from that date will have until February 12 to get the third dose.

Workers not yet eligible to get the third dose will have three months.

Retail supermarket staff are not included in the mandate. Nor will it apply to workers who have a valid medical exemption.
Quote:
Victoria to close down indoor dancefloors, encourages people to work from home
Also in the changes announced, indoor dancefloors in hospitality and entertainment venues will also close from 11:59pm on Wednesday January 12.

Venues can still operate and there are no changes to density settings.
  • Indoor dancefloors at weddings will be permitted, but hosts and guests are urged to consider putting them outside if possible.
  • There are strong recommendations that people work from home if they can.
  • Patrons at hospitalilty and entertainment venues urged to choose seated service and to use a rapid antigen test before visiting (if they can get hold of them).
  • Residents at aged care centres will be allowed up to 5 visitors per day, but all must return a negative RAT before entering. If no RAT are available, residents can have no more than two visitors
  • Visitors in hospital must have received two doses of a COVID vaccine or return a negative RAT before entering. Adults who are not fully vaccinated must wear an N95 mask during their visit, while standard face masks are mandated for children aged 8+
  • Workers in manufacturing, distribution or packaging of food and beverages including retail supermarket workers may be exempted from close contact isolation requirements in order to attend work from 11:59pm January 12 if it is necessary for the continuity of operations and other options are exhausted. Exempted workers must be asymptomatic and undertake daily RAT for 5 days and return a negative result.
The company I work for has put in place arrangements for our corporate office employees to work from home for the rest of the month, at least. Even those employees at our operational sites (such as I where I work) are encouraged to work from home until the end of the month, at least, wherever practical to do so.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 10-01-2022, 06:06 PM   #17878
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Guinea (534);
Faeroe Islands (853);
Mali (1,217);
Kuwait (2,999) – the 5th consecutive day;
Qatar (3,689);
Peru (16,135) – the previous high (13,326) on 15/4/21;
Philippines (28,707); and
Mexico (30,671)

Japan moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.
The Philippines information is well under reality. From what I understand people need to pay to get tested there and many simply can't afford it.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 10-01-2022, 06:14 PM   #17879
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Wow, NSW recorded a lowly 30,062 yesterday, and an even lower 20,293 today. Impressive result considering the situation there. Awesome result.

Well done NSW, leading the way, and showing the rest of the nation on how to keep the numbers down, even when the s**t has hit the fan.

Old 10-01-2022, 06:32 PM   #17880
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/t...f820eba047e4df

Novak Djokovic has won his court case.

Judge Kelly found the decision to cancel the visa was “unreasonable”.

Kelly has ordered that Djokovic must be immediately released.

Judge Kelly ordered that Djokovic’s passport and all other personal effects be returned to him.

This order was pronounced in open court at 5.16pm.

Mr Tran for the Minister said the government would comply with the orders but a personal power of cancellation was being considered.

Judge Kelly said the visa cancellation decision would be “quashed”.

Government is now considering a personal power to cancel his visa.
Closed Thread