Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 03:19 AM   #151
XG_Falcon

Default Re: Whats an appropriate car for a company executive?

Obviously one of these.

6 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 05:43 AM   #152
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
Plenty of you have misread this thread..

For those that dont know... look up company executive and learn something.

...because we are all not as smart as some apparently.

The leader needs to instill confidence, be seen as the top of their game... its not just about competancy, its as much about perception as well.. the dress, the shoes, the brand of eyewear, the food they eat, the people they know, the car...its all a package..
Please inform me hulk, what food does a Company Executive eat?

Foie Gras, Truffles and Kobe beef, topped with Beluga Caviar for each meal to uphold their image???
5 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #153
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hulk you're starting to remind me of Patrick Bateman

6 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 11:50 AM   #154
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Prado...

Nearly all execs where I work, simply buy a Prado, seems to be the recommended car by the leasing firm.

Reality is they work in a Highrise building in the CBD...there is no access to the secure car park, no-one sees their car. Most Large corporation would be the same.

More importantly though, this is a BS thread....nothing to do with perception, if someone is working in a company as an employee on a salary of $300K+, they would have rocks in their head if they buy a $5K car cash, they need the tax deduction of a lease. They're ahead financially simply by leasing a decent new car every 3 years.
6 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 12:28 PM   #155
nz13boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Pretty obvious it's a reply to your example of Betty and her image in her company. I was expanding it to show how your thought process is perhaps flawed, as her wild looks and tattoos and her bright colours maybe don't align with many sponsors and their image.

Lol. Fair call.

You Better stay on topic regardless of logic or you will get the whack whack stick.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:34 PM   #156
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossy View Post
Please inform me hulk, what food does a Company Executive eat?

Foie Gras, Truffles and Kobe beef, topped with Beluga Caviar for each meal to uphold their image???
I live on steak and chips, take a leaf out of my book
Old 02-08-2015, 01:00 PM   #157
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I live on steak and chips, take a leaf out of my book
And a souvo from The D's
This user likes this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 01:26 PM   #158
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nz13boy View Post
Lol. Fair call.

You Better stay on topic regardless of logic or you will get the whack whack stick.
To late, already got the whack whack sitck
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 02-08-2015, 01:29 PM   #159
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS View Post
To late, already got the whack whack sitck
Again...................
Old 02-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #160
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
And a souvo from The D's
I don't have a chance to get down there anymore, unless they're open Sundays, I can't remember.

But damn I can already taste its goodness.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:55 PM   #161
superyob
Banned

Big Damo, could you please stop bringing sweet sweet delicious food into this thread about appropriate dinners for CEs...

I am very hungry right now but alas, I am not a CE so if you could see fit to throw some scraps down to this commoner, I would appreciate it...
3 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 02:08 PM   #162
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
I know a guy that was employed as a senior manager and turned up to work in a ed falcon..

He was tapped on the shoulder to sharpen his act and next week he bought a new jeep cherokee... week after promoted to a company executive.
Guess punctuality won't be his strong point. An ED would be heaps more reliable than a new jeep cherokee.
6 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #163
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

.....and the ED can't be hacked.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:24 PM   #164
Itsme
Experienced Member

Most of the big time Execs & CEO's will drive anything these days & don't really give a damn by trying to impress people, if any they get chauffeured around in hire cars, it really the wannabe's who try to impress their gullible friends.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:32 PM   #165
JGP

P6 LTD, class, no arrogance but tuff. All the things an exec should be.
Whiteline sway bars,nolathane bushes, Koni reds,Kings springs,nolathane camber kit,whiteline bump stops.
Built tailshaft + billet cv, ZF + PWR exchanger + braided lines, Superpro diff bushes.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 04:00 PM   #166
Fyrestorm
Spanner Thrower

Mates got a 76' ltd. one day it might be roadworthy. Looks similar to that one though.
Current Mods: Fairmont Cluster, LED's Changed to Purple, Lukey Competition Extractors, 2.5" Hi flow Cat, Hi-Stall Converter, ED Box with FG internals, AUIII VCT Fuel Rail + Injectors, F6 Fuel Regulator, Stereo upgrade, Aftermarket LPG.

Awaiting Wife Approval Mods:

TE50 Front Bar, AU Tickford/SR Interior, Roof Racks, Slimline Weathershields, 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, 27mm Front Sway Bar, Other Shiny things!
Old 02-08-2015, 04:24 PM   #167
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm an exec and this is what I drive
6.0 litre of course. You can make a petrol head an exec but he will always be a petrol head

2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 04:51 PM   #168
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Deleted not worth it, maybe we should be guessing what Hulks next thread will be
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 02-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #169
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
I know a guy that was employed as a senior manager and turned up to work in a ed falcon..

He was tapped on the shoulder to sharpen his act and next week he bought a new jeep cherokee... week after promoted to a company executive.
The old Hulk line, " I know a guy........."
Of course he was promoted Hulky, of course..............Happens all the time.....
Can I suggest you do a google search on "Enid Blyton" . She used to write fantasy stories for children many years ago. You might get some more ideas for your next thread..............
7 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2015, 09:21 PM   #170
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I understand this post does not relate to the thread topic, but I would like to raise something which I think has been an issue for some time but not directly addressed - or at least not that I have seen. This just my personal opinion.

I am honestly concerned for Hulk, and am suprised to see him back on the forum. I get the impression that there is more going on than we know about - perhaps he is lonely, bored, has poor social skills or suffers from mental illness.

It's obvious that the people Hulk refers to in these threads he creates are not based in reality - or that the stories surrounding them are grossly exaggerated. His threads (either deliberately or unintentionally) highly aggravate many members of this forum and it is difficult to see Hulk continually ostracise himself. This creates an ugly and negative discussion environment. I am sure many members visit these forums to learn things, engage in discussion, to share passions and escape from negativity, and it is sad to see the opposite taking place.

I urge all members to keep this in mind when participating in any future threads of Hulk's. Please take the high road, be the bigger person, or just don't open the threads.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:30 PM   #171
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

An excel with a fart cannon.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:30 PM   #172
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

delete
Old 03-08-2015, 12:00 PM   #173
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Pretty sure the guy who owns IKEA drives a clapped out Volvo and lives in a flat. But he's only one of the richest men on the planet so what would he know...
Maybe it was a flat pack Lambo....just when it was put together it didn't quite resemble the picture from the box.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:15 PM   #174
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Here are the cool cars these 9 Australian CEOs drive

Some believe that a car says a lot about a person.

Some say owning a red car means you like speed, others say that the bigger the engine, the bigger the… well, we all know what they say.

But at the end of the day a nice car is a nice car. Some people have a passion for the latest models and trimmings, others just use their vehicle to get from A to B.

Last month Business Insider found out that former Telstra boss, David Thodey gets around in a Toyota Corolla.

This got us wondering what cars other successful CEOs in Australia are driving.

So here they are.
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/he...drive-2015-5#8
Photo's in the following link, however cars as follows:
  • CEO of Boost Juice, drives a Lexus NX Hybrid
  • CEO of eWay, drives a Porsche Boxster S 2012
  • Managing Director Aust. and NZ of Dropbox, drives a Jeep Rubicon 10th edition
  • CEO of Kogan.com, drives a BMW i8
  • CEO of Bluechilli, doesn't have a car. But he does has six push bikes!
  • CEO of Airtasker, drives two cars. A 1999 Integra Type R and a Mini Cooper S
  • Founder of Mineralogy and the Palmer United Party, drives a 1950 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith
  • Co-founder of Shoes of Prey, doesn't own a car. She Ubers it!
  • CEO of DriveMyCar, drives a Subaru Liberty Wagon

I hope a couple of those CEO's/Exec's review their car choices, or they will loose a lot of respect in the eye's of their fellow exec's.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Old 03-08-2015, 01:26 PM   #175
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter View Post
[*]CEO of Airtasker, drives two cars. A 1999 Integra Type R and a Mini Cooper S
Dude has taste, DC2 Integra Type R is a wicked FWD car.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 01:38 PM   #176
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

When I am going to see a new client and in the carport is fancy cars, I worry about the wasted money and their ability to pay my bill.

My leaders get XL Rangers 2WD High Riders.

Cant get better than that

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
Old 03-08-2015, 03:50 PM   #177
HULK_I6T
Banned

I know a guy who was the CEO of his own business.. He drove a Audi RS4 everyday.

But he didn't pay his creditors for 90-120days+ and drip fed them when they screamed loud enough.. He had to hide his Audi more than a few times.

It's always nice to drive the most affordable car possible but it needs to be aligned so as not to thumb your nose at customers or splash it in the face of creditors.

Last edited by HULK_I6T; 03-08-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:53 PM   #178
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win View Post
I understand this post does not relate to the thread topic, but I would like to raise something which I think has been an issue for some time but not directly addressed - or at least not that I have seen. This just my personal opinion.

I am honestly concerned for Hulk, and am suprised to see him back on the forum. I get the impression that there is more going on than we know about - perhaps he is lonely, bored, has poor social skills or suffers from mental illness.

It's obvious that the people Hulk refers to in these threads he creates are not based in reality - or that the stories surrounding them are grossly exaggerated. His threads (either deliberately or unintentionally) highly aggravate many members of this forum and it is difficult to see Hulk continually ostracise himself. This creates an ugly and negative discussion environment. I am sure many members visit these forums to learn things, engage in discussion, to share passions and escape from negativity, and it is sad to see the opposite taking place.

I urge all members to keep this in mind when participating in any future threads of Hulk's. Please take the high road, be the bigger person, or just don't open the threads.
I'm very stable, very capable person. The people we should be concerned about are those who tiger up at my threads and not see them for what they are, just car related questions that include as many members as possible with a splash of jest to keep people entertained.. And yes these scenarios are all true

You should only be on guard if someone is trying to sell you something, assess that at the start of any thread. My threads are harmless, fun related car speak.
4 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2015, 03:55 PM   #179
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

This thread is still going?
Old 03-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #180
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83 View Post
When I am going to see a new client and in the carport is fancy cars, I worry about the wasted money and their ability to pay my bill.

I did some work for this building company, managing director and managers had latest model BMWs in carpark, flash glass building, smart good looking receptionist.

Anyway, in the process of pursuing a defaulting contractor, my client goes bust and is placed under administration, leaving me $6,500 out of pocket in fees.

Anyway, as a creditor I go through the financials, all BMWs on leasing plans.....

Surprised the company toilet paper was not leased

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Closed Thread