Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #151
robbo/region15

Default Re: April vehicle sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
We'll see Bob, if the discounted XR6, new Territory and EcoLPI releases don't significantly lift Falcon sales
then I think Ford will be moving swiftly back to three day weeks and lots of down days..

It won't take that long to tell whether Ford is improving its position or not...
Ford ,being our number 1 Customer,the rest of May were down to 4 day weeks.We are now told Monthly what days we will loose,unknown how many for June.The Schedules are grim for June,wouldnt be surprised if Broadmedeows had 10 days off around the Queens Birthday......

The Falcons are getting squeezed into anywhere they will fit now,outside is overflowing,literally.
robbo/region15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #152
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Robbo/region15. if Ford have so many Falcons stockpiled? how will they clear all, before Oct FG2 release????????? Have a "firesale" XT's for $25k driveaway???
Interesting times ahead!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #153
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Robbo/region15. if Ford have so many Falcons stockpiled? how will they clear all, before Oct FG2 release????????? Have a "firesale" XT's for $25k driveaway???
This is the problem, they have not only XTs but a lot of XR6s up the cazoo,
hence the $34,990 drive away campaign.

Big problem is Holden's "Hard Working Deals", SV6 and Berlina International for $36,990 drive away..

It's pretty grim when someone working for a Ford supplier can tell you more
about up coming down days and scheduling than Ford PR are prepared to.....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #154
fordv8!

do holden dealers register the cars they receive and they go down as sales or are the "actually" selling that amount of vehicles????
fordv8! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #155
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

The media is focusing on Falcon's dismal sales. But Holden is not doing much better as their April total for Commodore is their worst April in more than quarter of a century.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #156
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordv8!
do holden dealers register the cars they receive and they go down as sales or are the "actually" selling that amount of vehicles????
This is what I would like to know. Is VFacts data based on actual sales, or new vehicle registrations? Last time I asked this I got no meaningful answer.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #157
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
This is what I would like to know. Is VFacts data based on actual sales, or new vehicle registrations? Last time I asked this I got no meaningful answer.
Vehicle registrations I was lead to believe.

So it doesn't count cars that are exported.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #158
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Vehicle registrations I was lead to believe.

So it doesn't count cars that are exported.
Right. If that is the case, then I smell a rat. A rather large one.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 05-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #159
fordv8!

Quote:
Right. If that is the case, then I smell a rat. A rather large one.
mmmmmm...... me too it was funny when purchasing a new car not long ago i quizzed the salesman of this and he said you hit the nail on the head there mate.
BTW it was not a ford or holden dealer
fordv8! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #160
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

One thing to remember with dealers registering cars and letting them sit on the lot.
They still have to sell these cars. They don't register it and throw them away.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #161
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
One thing to remember with dealers registering cars and letting them sit on the lot.
Correct, but they still have to sell them regardless of whether they are registered or not.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #162
robbo/region15

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
It was common knowledge that Ford ,Employees,or friends or family or Tier 1 's could purchase a Falcon for $17,000 + $1,500 Stat Dealer charges........Back in April 2011.............
Old 05-05-2011, 11:37 PM   #163
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo/region15
It was common knowledge that Ford ,Employees,or friends or family or Tier 1 's could purchase a Falcon for $17,000 + $1,500 Stat Dealer charges........Back in April 2011.............
Untrue. The retail price on an XT is around 39k, selling one for 17k would be a big loss on every one sold. They would never do this.

They would never sell a Falcon for 17k ever. A base model ute maybe, but not a sedan. Base utes are a lot cheaper than XT's.

If that was the case they would tell their employees this, but i've heard nothing. They did tell us last year when they were selling cheap ones.

They were offering cheap cars to employees last year, I wonder why they haven't this year considering things are worse.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #164
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Untrue. The retail price on an XT is around 39k, selling one for 17k would be a big loss on every one sold. They would never do this.
They would never sell a Falcon for 17k ever. A base model ute maybe, but not a sedan. Base utes are a lot cheaper than XT's.

If that was the case they would tell their employees this, but i've heard nothing. They did tell us last year when they were selling cheap ones.
Don't let facts come into it, this is the internet :-)
Old 06-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #165
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yes. I think its common knowledge that dealers may have a few cars sitting around as demo's for each dealership, and with Holden having a dealer network of around 300, you can be sure that roughly 1/3 of each months commodore sales are basically sitting in the dealership. But that said, they either get rid of these after certain k's, when new models come in etc, so it does end up being a genuine sale. But theres not doubt, that if Holden HQ saw a very bad month for the "biggest selling car in Australia" mid month, then an urgent call would be going out to all dealerships to take an extra 5 or 6 demos, for a short while. 1000 commodores accruing rego at $70 a month = $70,000 a month. Losing the number one selling car title, costs alot more than $70,000 a month, and may even require a new $1 million commercial. Plus, its harder to beg the government for money, if you try and tell them to help save the number 5 selling car in Australia, and not the number 1.

In the US, they do report sales as being ones sent to the dealership, and this can influence things greatly ie a car maker will force dealers to take a certain amount of stock (and chock up the car yard), to try and "get sales". And then provide them with incentives to move cars.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #166
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Falcons for $17k...LOL...the best rate as I said before is 33% off.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #167
robbo/region15

Quote:

They were offering cheap cars to employees last year, I wonder why they haven't this year considering things are worse.
Apologies all round,my error..
The actual prices are/were;
Territory TX RWD $31,990 driveaway
XR6 Sedan $31,990 "
XR6 SSB Ute $31,990 "
Still relatively Cheap in any ones language.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #168
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:

They have, the announcement came out early this year running through to around June/July.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #169
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Shows you how poor the communiction is as we've heard nothing.

No wonder the public have no clue about how good Falcon is if they can't even do something so simple as to tell ALL employees they are selling cheap cars. No good telling some people and neglecting to tell others.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #170
robbo/region15

Totally Agree,the Falcon is a good car,ive been making moulded parts for them since 1985....LOL.
The prices i quoted are from the "Ford Advantage Programe 2011 " which i believe they first ran in 2009?

Have no idea what is currently cooking ,but they are being very quiet about June[proposed down days] as yet have told us nothing.....
Old 09-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #171
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Have no idea what is currently cooking ,but they are being very quiet about June[proposed down days] as yet have told us nothing.....
Maybe the down days are only tentative at this point hence the reason haven't said anything. Yet.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:49 PM   #172
robbo/region15

Lets all hope for all concerned in the Auto Industry,that there is no second "Button plan" aka which folded Nissan here 20 years ago........To Quote a line from my employers public statements"Looking forward to further consolidation of the Auto Industry Component Sector".....?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:42 AM   #173
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Lets all hope for all concerned in the Auto Industry,that there is no second "Button plan" aka which folded Nissan here 20 years ago........To Quote a line from my employers public statements"Looking forward to further consolidation of the Auto Industry Component Sector".....?
That's how they (Ford) see efficiencies are created for them. On one hand you would think that a highly competitive supplier market would be good for the OEMs which in some cases it can be, but they now see a consolidated market as a better option, and it's the OEMs that have really caused the consolidation in the component/supplier sector.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #174
Tough Ford

Offer a better finance package, dont we still have Ford Credit? Its amazing how products sell when offering low interest, especially when the New LPG Falcon finally arrives, low running costs in a safe large family sedan.

Cleveland goodness wrapped in a FORD shell
Tough Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #175
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

I disagree - prove it please
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #176
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Maybe the down days are only tentative at this point hence the reason haven't said anything. Yet.

Nope - they have been announced.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #177
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Ford
Offer a better finance package, dont we still have Ford Credit? Its amazing how products sell when offering low interest, especially when the New LPG Falcon finally arrives, low running costs in a safe large family sedan.
No..Ford Credit sold their finance arm to Macquairie Banka few years ago.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #178
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
That's how they (Ford) see efficiencies are created for them. On one hand you would think that a highly competitive supplier market would be good for the OEMs which in some cases it can be, but they now see a consolidated market as a better option, and it's the OEMs that have really caused the consolidation in the component/supplier sector.
Yes I've read much about Ford reducing the number of suppliers it deals with and if so, is this
Ford dealing more with tier 1 suppliers and former tier 2 and 3 being absorbed by Tier 1 suppliers?
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #179
robbo/region15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Yes I've read much about Ford reducing the number of suppliers it deals with and if so, is this
Ford dealing more with tier 1 suppliers and former tier 2 and 3 being absorbed by Tier 1 suppliers?
Hit the nail on the head there!
Their is a Company in Australia,who have bought up several other component suppliers,albeit Tier 1,2 & 3.
They do not hesitate to relocate that business to there State if it suits there need,either.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #180
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Totally Agree,the Falcon is a good car,ive been making moulded parts for them since 1985....LOL.
The prices i quoted are from the "Ford Advantage Programe 2011 " which i believe they first ran in 2009?

The Ford Advantage Program is so friends of employees can get cars at employee prices. It isn't for employees to get cars even cheaper than they usually can.

Start of July is scheduled for 6 down days and a PDO. Thats the last of the scheduled down days. The have not been confirmed yet, it will depend on stock levels.

Back to 5 day weeks after that.