Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #151
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whats with all the cryptic clues! why must you make us mere ff mortals suffer like this!
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #152
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archilino
whats with all the cryptic clues! why must you make us mere ff mortals suffer like this!

Ok, I'll stop giving info and save you from the stress. :

Hey, it's stressful here too.

Like I said, everything is subject to change. Ford built a brand new paint shop at the Lorain, Ohio plant, ran about 7 to 21 vechicles through it (depending on who you speak to) and then ripped it out and shipped it to another Michigan plant.

I don't mean to say that in April everything will become perfectly clear, but it's kinda like that empty lot where they bulldozed the trees down a year and a half ago. They are finally digging some footers to build a foundation. You don't know exactly what it going to be there but you can finally see the direction they are going in.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #153
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No dramas steve, I realise some people on this forum have very sensitive infomation which im sure would like to share but for obvious reason cant.

I'm just impatient i guess... sound like exciting times ahead.
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 03:57 AM   #154
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:
No dramas steve, I realise some people on this forum have very sensitive infomation which im sure would like to share but for obvious reason cant.

I'm just impatient i guess... sound like exciting times ahead.

My response was purely tongue-in-cheek. That's why I put the nya nya face at the end of that sentence. No worries.

Steve

Wife's 1966 Mustang

and more!
Old 28-12-2009, 04:26 AM   #155
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
It's all happening.
I hope that means - what i think it means.
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #156
Wally
XP Coupe

The AWD thing is no trade secret, in fact much that is being treated here as secret squirell has been out in the public domain for some time.

Here's a fairly good wrapup of what's happening and punted to happen

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/pos...osselman/601/1
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #157
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
The AWD thing is no trade secret, in fact much that is being treated here as secret squirell has been out in the public domain for some time.

Here's a fairly good wrapup of what's happening and punted to happen

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/pos...osselman/601/1
A speculative article from a sports blog quoting speculative information from Wheels and their "sources".

This and a lot more has been public domain on AFF for sometime, from "sources" of which most (if you know which one's) have a reliable track record in providing accurate information a long time before most mainstream news providers including Wheels/Motor, etc.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #158
Wally
XP Coupe

Yes I'm aware there are insiders and who some are, and a couple of scallywags who make out they are, but even so a lot is scuttlebutt and speculation, possibly even red herrings. Many of us have access to people in the know, and many of us know that the goal posts shift due to changing fortunes, changing management, market forces, legislation, etc, so chances are someone using a splatter gun prediction model will get something right.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #159
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Hi Archilino. If you're referring to my post then you shouldn't read that as cryptic. In fact, I don't think anyone has posted in such a manner in this thread, that I can see.

We're getting a new V8 about the same time Steve will/may spill the beans on what may link our Falcon to the GRWD. That's why I said "it's all happening". Paxton understood this and posted similarly.

Steve's speculation is very much what we're all hoping will eventuate, as that would give the Falcon a major boost in R&D dollars.
Not like it needed, it's already one of the best RWD sedans on the planet.
It's also ANOTHER assurance that it will survive in this format. I say ANOTHER because even with GRWD it will survive anyway.
Old 28-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #160
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

After the announcement in April, presuming it happens, and we learn what we will be building at our plant, I will connect all the dots between what I know, what was public, and some confidential things as well that lead me to my personal prediction of what is about to go down with GRWD and the Falcon.

Sounds like I will just be riding whatever is said in April, huh? Yeah, well to make myself more believeable, here are some specific references that I will elaborate on at that time...

Two actions by Derrick Kuzac about 8 months apart from each other.

A possibly ill-timed comment about the future platform for our plant by the UAW VP of the Ford division.

Statements by the UAW VP of the Ford division in reference to the specific vehicle we are getting at our plant.

Statements by the company and UAW of the reason for the secrecy of the vehicle we are to build.

April should prove whether I am wrong or right. Whatever the case, I should be able to divulge the Nuke codes at that time because they will either already be public, or proven inaccurate.

Steve

Wife's 1966 Mustang

and more!
Old 28-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #161
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are the other new vehicle possibilities for your factory? Surely the Falcon isnt the only one? What about the Fiesta? Isnt there a new Explorer round the corner also? The new T6 pickup?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #162
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
What are the other new vehicle possibilities for your factory? Surely the Falcon isnt the only one? What about the Fiesta? Isnt there a new Explorer round the corner also? The new T6 pickup?
Fiesta is being produced in Mexico.

Explorer will stay put in its current factory.

The US is not taking T6. They don't want it, but if they did, there is already a Factory producing the US only Ranger.

Falcon is the only car in the Ford world that is desperate to become a world car. Some changed need to be made, but as it stands, Falcon could almost go overseas as is. Keep an eye on the UK Top Gear over the next couple of weeks...

I'll just add this. Steve's current Factory builds the E-Series Vans. There is talk of Transit being removed from UK production and enterring US production, but whether that is in Steve's plant in Ohio, or in another idled one is yet to be known.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.

Last edited by Paxton; 28-12-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #163
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just found this picture of the T6 prototype taken in Arizona, interestingly theres also a Territory on there.

Old 28-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #164
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
The new Taurus-based Police Interceptor, it will have to be made somewhere and April ties in with what has been said by Ford recently about making an announcement on the PI in 'early 2010'.

Also, STAP is closing once the Crown Vic production is finalised, so the Taurus PI won't be getting made there...so they will have to re-tool another plant for the Taurus PI...

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #165
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Fiesta is being produced in Mexico.

Explorer will stay put in its current factory.

The US is not taking T6. They don't want it.
Current US Ranger is dead at the end of next year, there has to be something thats going to replace it.

Old 28-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #166
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:

As stated, Fiesta is being be built in Mexico.

The Transit has been speculated to come to our plant for a long time. It had even been "leaked" in the past. This plan has changed and it is going to be built elsewhere.

I don't see the Taurus PI being built anywhere other than where the Taurus is currently built. On top of this, I am not so sure the new PI is based on the Taurus. This is my own speculation.

Of course the Falcon is not the only vehicle that we could possibly get. However, there are certain nuke codes that have been mentioned and are the reasons for my thoughts as to what we are getting. I could be completely wrong too.

T6, no matter how good, will not be as easy to market as a US designed F-100. Just my personal thoughts. On top of this, fuel mileage was a huge concern for Ford and their trucks, but with new engines coming out, and several in the pipeline, they feel they can sell a truck that has enough power and fuel mileage for the average consumer while retaining a full sized truck. At this point the business case has to be made for this notion: Why make a smaller truck when the full sized one gets equal fuel mileage, lower emissions, and has sufficient power? Americans like their full sized trucks.

Steve

Wife's 1966 Mustang

and more!
Old 28-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #167
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

What is a nuke code Steve?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #168
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
What is a nuke code Steve?
It is *** ****** ** * ***** *** **** **** ***** *****
Just kidding.

He means it's something which should remain confidential.
Old 28-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #169
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
As stated, Fiesta is being be built in Mexico.

The Transit has been speculated to come to our plant for a long time. It had even been "leaked" in the past. This plan has changed and it is going to be built elsewhere.

I don't see the Taurus PI being built anywhere other than where the Taurus is currently built. On top of this, I am not so sure the new PI is based on the Taurus. This is my own speculation.

Of course the Falcon is not the only vehicle that we could possibly get. However, there are certain nuke codes that have been mentioned and are the reasons for my thoughts as to what we are getting. I could be completely wrong too.

T6, no matter how good, will not be as easy to market as a US designed F-100. Just my personal thoughts. On top of this, fuel mileage was a huge concern for Ford and their trucks, but with new engines coming out, and several in the pipeline, they feel they can sell a truck that has enough power and fuel mileage for the average consumer while retaining a full sized truck. At this point the business case has to be made for this notion: Why make a smaller truck when the full sized one gets equal fuel mileage, lower emissions, and has sufficient power? Americans like their full sized trucks.

Steve
I thought the Ranger sold well over there? Even though its a pretty old design.

Old 28-12-2009, 10:06 PM   #170
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
It is *** ****** ** * ***** *** **** **** ***** *****
Just kidding.

He means it's something which should remain confidential.
Indeed. If Steve and other's speculation is even half right then Ford will want to keep the plan very much under wraps. Either way there is certainly something going on RE GRWD, and Falcon, police interceptor and mustang are all involved as they are the models that are/likely to be RWD. Given there are no non-SUV RWD cars in the rest of the ford empire means sooner or later Ford will have to make sort of call on how to go. Be they totally seperate, sharing some componentry, or heavilly integrated - i.e. on a common GRWD platform (albeit modified to suit application).

Production sites will also have to be rationalised. If a US plant tooled up to produce the PI (based off falcon), then dearborn would be much more inclined to let Ford Aus export to some markets for a similar purpose. i.e mid east police sales. Moreover, the left hand drive problem will be well and truly taken care of since falcon would have the capacity built in during the next update (it is certainly able to be done....). Either way the development budget will only increase due to this, which will further strenghten what is rapidly becoming a dominant engineering position RE RWD sedans for the Falcon platform....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #171
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I meant what is the definition of a nuke code, not can I have an example of a nuke code.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #172
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
I meant what is the definition of a nuke code, not can I have an example of a nuke code.
The Nuke code Youssef gave you before is wrong. There should be another couple of *s.

Realistically, what Steve means by Nuke codes is the actual information regarding the GRWD platform that Ford may or may not be using. Much of what is discussed here is informed conjecture, however there are some who have more information than others.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 01:15 AM   #173
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To me, nuke code takes on the importance of the "nuclear football" that every yank president has to deal with.

GRWD for Ford may not be earth-shattering news to most, but I wait with baited breath. Keep us updated Steve.
Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #174
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

"Nuke Codes" is a phrase I have stolen from another member that referred to "privileged information" as being as serious as nuclear missle codes.

Actually, I am doing what I can to hold back on some info right now. I want to know more than anyone else about Ford's plans for GRWD so that I can assess what my future is going to be like with Ford.

Steve

Wife's 1966 Mustang

and more!
Old 29-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #175
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Just found this picture of the T6 prototype taken in Arizona, interestingly theres also a Territory on there.
Arizona is Ford's hot weather test track IIRC, no suprise that the T6 is there, probably one in Sweden as well. Funny thing about that terry but. I wonder what engine its got under the hood. Coyote country out Arizona way.
Old 29-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #176
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

VERY interesting seeing a Territory in the States. Could this be a hint at a possible interest in an export program for it?
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #177
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Terri's/Falc's are there all the time... Nothing unusual.

Saw those pics a couple of months ago.

Most common reason for them being sent to the US is crash testing.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #178
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why would they need to be crash testing 6yo cars? unless it had something different under the bonnet....

Old 29-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #179
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

The cars may look 6yrs old, but under the skin there are changes being made on a regular basis. Sometimes these changes require all sorts of testing, including crash.

Under the bonnet... well that's the obvious change.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #180
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
Terri's/Falc's are there all the time... Nothing unusual.

Saw those pics a couple of months ago.

Most common reason for them being sent to the US is crash testing.
However these were quite clearly in the company of a commercial vehicle test mule. Benchmarking for something?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post