Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #181
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Tough Times Ahead

I think the term you're looking for is Human Nature. Agent Smith sums it up best I think lol

"Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area." We need to really get the Mars thing going asap.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #182
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post
I think the term you're looking for is Human Nature. Agent Smith sums it up best I think lol

"Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area." We need to really get the Mars thing going asap.
Again, very valid.

By the same token, we consider ourselves sentient, evolved beings, fully aware of ourselves and our environs. Should not such beings be able to create their own human nature, consistent with sustainable and complete existence and not fall back to the old standby of "human nature" as a crutch and excuse?
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #183
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Absolutely, but can evolution stop? Or at least slow down enough to become insignificant?

We have evolved so fast we have in fact slowed down the everything around us. Can everything else ever keep up with human demand?

Some people even argue we can't evolve anymore because we create everything we need. Even going backwards.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Old 20-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #184
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post
Absolutely, but can evolution stop? Or at least slow down enough to become insignificant?

We have evolved so fast we have in fact slowed down the everything around us. Can everything else ever keep up with human demand?

Some people even argue we can't evolve anymore because we create everything we need. Even going backwards.
That's the $64 million question. Homo sapiens in my opinion has stopped evolving naturally (as it has since day dot, by adapting to the changing environment, changing food supply). Physiologically, short of a nuclear warfare induced mutation process, we're done. This is the pinnacle of natural, external locus evolution. However, if we really are sentient and fully evolved beings, we have the ability to mould our mental and emotional evolution.
Old 20-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #185
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
That's the $64 million question. Homo sapiens in my opinion has stopped evolving naturally (as it has since day dot, by adapting to the changing environment, changing food supply). Physiologically, short of a nuclear warfare induced mutation process, we're done. This is the pinnacle of natural, external locus evolution. However, if we really are sentient and fully evolved beings, we have the ability to mould our mental and emotional evolution.
Not so. The pontoons that my daughter's boyfriend calls feet are demonstrably larger than any of my generation...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #186
zilo
BANNED

All our economic problems are a direct consequence of overpopulation.

Yet governments keep upping the migration intake.

But everyone opposing immigration is called a racist....
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #187
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Not so. The pontoons that my daughter's boyfriend calls feet are demonstrably larger than any of my generation...
See the question I would raise then is, are these gargantuan feet (and massive boobs) the result of nature or the frankenfood we consume in ever increasing quantities?
Old 20-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #188
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Haha my head hurts now. But that's what I mean by backwards. For example I don't need to know how too spell anymore know because the computer spells for me. You don't even need to know how to park anymore because your car can do it for you.

Sounds silly but think 200 years from now, where has the line been drawn?

Old 21-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #189
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
See the question I would raise then is, are these gargantuan feet (and massive boobs) the result of nature or the frankenfood we consume in ever increasing quantities?
Are women's breasts getting larger?
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #190
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Evolution is not reactive, it's accidental. If a species cannot live in a certain environment, it dies, it does not necessarily 'adapt' in response to the environment. Accidental genetic mutations occur throughout the generations; some of these genetic mutations increase the likelihood of the species surviving and multiplying, thus these 'mutated' genes proliferate through the population and continue down the line. Humans are evolving all the time; a classic example is in a small village in Italy where the residents have developed a gene that affects the way they absorb bad cholesterol... they don't, and have very low incidence of cardiovascular problems. Because of the increased health and longevity of the individuals who first had this gene, it was able to proliferate throughout the generations in this small village.

Another example is pale skin and light coloured hair. People with these traits come from parts of the world with low levels of sunlight (UK, Ireland, Scandinavia etc). Light skin and hair absorbs more vitamin D than darker skin. At some point in time thousands of years ago, babies were born with these traits through random genetic lottery, because they absorbed more vitamin D than their peers, were healthier, and their genes were passed on down the line... Absorbing more vitamin D in a place where there isn't much sun is obviously a health advantage, and their less healthy counterparts didn't live as long, nor did their offspring, so they eventually faded away.

There is absolutely no reason why we won't continue to evolve in the future.

Also, the reason people are taller and have bigger feet is due predominantly to better pre and postnatal care, low infant mortality rates, better nutrition, vaccinations etc etc. Kids born these days spend less time fighting off infections and other illnesses and get more vitamins and minerals than generations past.

Bit off topic but just wanted to clear that up.

Last edited by Ford_The_Win; 21-11-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Ford_The_Win is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #191
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post

Yet governments keep upping the migration intake.

Do you have any legitimate reserch to back the statements above?

Many real economists (ie ones who studied economics at uni) woudl say the opposite is true

have a read of this -- apologoes that the link does not take you to a white supremacist site or global world order conspiracy page

http://demographics.treasury.gov.au/...tml/adc-04.asp
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #192
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You just failed Economics 101... our entire economic system is based on growth.
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #193
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
This. Quoted for truth.

It is one of the primary drivers of anything in the man made world. There is one small problem though, exponential growth (ie percentage growth) doesn't exactly mesh with finite resources such as a planet... somewhere along the line, the two concepts will smash head on and the amount of fecal matter that will be projected towards the air conveyance will be colossal. It's not tinfoil, negativity/doom and gloom, its fact.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #194
BHDOGS
Banned

Endless growth is impossible In a finite world I believe is the quote.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #195
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
Endless growth is impossible In a finite world I believe is the quote.
Something to that effect
Old 21-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #196
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So now Toyota are talking also about possible shutdown next year.....25,000 jobs on the line...........FFS how much bad news can we take before calling a recession?
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #197
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Spammy;4942191]

have a read of this -- apologoes that the link does not take you to a white supremacist site or global world order conspiracy page

[QUOTE]

why, in your world, do you believe only racist people are white? your condemnation of the original poster (zilo) is indeed racist in itself, due to him not mentioning any race, creed or skin colour, yet you do.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #198
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ was more a reference as to how many people on interntet forums link to conspiracy/ tin foil hat websites rather when they want to back claims with 3 party "research"
Old 22-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #199
monte.b

Our wonderful Queensland Gove just sent an order for 50 odd trains to Germany to get built ,EDI Downer in Maryborough dropped out of the tendering process as it was costing them millions of dollars and they could see they were not in the race ,we have all the facilities here to build them ,very disappointing i reckon ,not only that but the company that won the contract has a workshop here but no parts will be built here ,where are we going ,its a very sad day for this little town
monte.b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #200
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Nobody said it wasn't based on growth.
Old 22-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #201
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammy View Post
Do you have any legitimate reserch to back the statements above?

Many real economists (ie ones who studied economics at uni) woudl say the opposite is true

http://demographics.treasury.gov.au/...tml/adc-04.asp

Thanks for posting a link to the obvious.

Who cares if the population is ageing?

Most under 25's in Australia are unemployed or under employed.

We waste our own young people in this country so why pretend we need to bring any more here simply to swell the unemployment queues?

300 thousand immigrants every year and 1 million unemployed.

How long before unemployment numbers go down if migration slowed?

Not exactly rocket science.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #202
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geesus 300,000 every year....Thats a ****in lotta people! Where the **** are the jobs for them?
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #203
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_6 View Post
Geesus 300,000 every year....Thats a ****in lotta people! Where the **** are the jobs for them?
Probably doing all the jobs that the locals believe are 'beneath' them...

I moved to Australia 5 years ago, and I've never been unemployed since I got here. Jobs aren't hard to find, you just have to prepared to work.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #204
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, I've only touched on this thread, so much input.

Keep it going.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #205
Bobman
Regulator

Having worked in various industries since the late 1990s, I have to say that things have become real slow overall since around 2009/2010 and especially so in the last 12 months.

A few people I know (including myself) are making the same or less money than 5 years ago and fuel prices as well as rising grocery and utilities have shown less spending in general as many are feeling the pinch. Those friends who are old enough to have been over 18 in the 80s and 90s said it's the worst they can remember.

Be interesting to see the homeless rates as well. I know plenty of volunteer groups and Salvos etc are being inundated with enquiries for help, food and clothing etc.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #206
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Are women's breasts getting larger?
There needs to be a study and I'm willing to carry out the practical.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #207
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks for posting a link to the obvious.

Who cares if the population is ageing?

Most under 25's in Australia are unemployed or under employed.

We waste our own young people in this country so why pretend we need to bring any more here simply to swell the unemployment queues?

300 thousand immigrants every year and 1 million unemployed.

How long before unemployment numbers go down if migration slowed?

Not exactly rocket science.

appears it's still not obvious to you mate
Old 22-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #208
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
There needs to be a study and I'm willing to carry out the practical.
A hands-on approach is required here
4 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #209
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have hands!
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #210
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ill document the findings.