Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #181
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yeap nice car..but no where near as hardcore as the RS.

Point is they can almost charge whatever they want and get away with it because its a limited supply and from some reports as good as sold out already.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #182
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese3
I love the Focus RS but 75k is a bit rich for a Focus.
60k is max, I had initially set my sights on one but couldn't really justify it. The next RS I will look more seriously at.

The BMW 135i is a fantastic car and would consider that over a 75k Focus.
Inline 6 + turbo + RWD + small compact car = WIN
Old 30-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #183
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese3
Theses NO way id buy one of these over an RS
Old 30-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #184
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I'd buy an R20 over an RS. But then I bought an R32 over a GTI because I despise FWD. If I was in that market again, the exclusivity doesn't appeal to me over an AWD package, I'd pick the R20 over it, save some coin and have a platform with a lot more potential.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #185
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Theses NO way id buy one of these over an RS
Each to their own! But I rather have class and better performance and RWD rather than a car that says look at me I'm a racer boy and wishing I was 21 again!
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #186
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Hmm do you want to lay some money down out of which car would be quicker out of the RS and the 130?

Surely you know what the RS is all about.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #187
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

Well I know for sure 0-100/ straight line speed the BMW is quicker by over half a second with what I can find on the Internet(but what's true on the net?) But what G's each car pulls around te corner I don't know! I would guess RS cause it would be setup more aggressively!

Track times? I don't know! I would say it would be close!

But as a everyday car! The BMW would ride alot nicer on day to day condition!

This is just my opinion

Edit: In no way I'm saying the RS is a terrible car! I personally like it RS! But for 75k it simply plain not worth it!

Last edited by Cheese3; 30-09-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #188
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RS Sales update, we have sold all of ours, the last one will go out next month, we had a total of 3 and could sell more if we had them. I am currently trying to get others out of dealers but they are either sold or the dealer does not want to let them go. So I am hoping my guess is correct with all RS being sold by the end of the year!
Old 26-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #189
BeansNoMore

27 of the little suckers currently for sale on CarSales.com.au.

None for less than $65,000 drive away depending in the State you live in.
BeansNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #190
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansNoMore

And worth 65k aswell IMO
Old 26-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #191
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansNoMore

There was 66 for sale a few days back. I suspect the motorshow has sold a few. It had a lot of attention.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #192
sanchoXB

I test drove an RS a few weeks back and I can tell you all it was an experience to remember. The speed was unbelievable, I cannot state enough how impressive these are, handles like a dream and if you even look at the brake pedal it stops. Although as impressive as these cars are, these things are dangerous. Unless you know how to hande a car with this much power and accelleration you will put it into a tree. If you buy one do yourself a favour and take it to some advanced driving courses.

There are still a few for sale at about $65k in northern nsw, but as tempted as I am to get one I'll wait until I can test a new supercharged FPV GT befere I decide.
sanchoXB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #193
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I'd buy an R20 over an RS. But then I bought an R32 over a GTI because I despise FWD. If I was in that market again, the exclusivity doesn't appeal to me over an AWD package, I'd pick the R20 over it, save some coin and have a platform with a lot more potential.
Yeah, I must admit I'm a value for money person myself. I could never see the case for an RS unless you were really into the RS thing (not for $75k). My near fully optioned Golf R cost me $59,500 (admittedly I got a very good price). The value for money with this VW when considering the tuning potential due to its AWD set up is just hard to pass.

As Polyal said, as the RS is a limited run, they are upping the prices to wherever they damn well want! And these things will sell. He is also Spot On when he sais that if they were a full production model, they would be a lot cheaper, and therefore make a better business case for a figures man such as myself.

I know the 135i is a TOTALLY different car but If I saw one of them and a Focus RS staring me in the face for the same coin, I know which one I'd take in a heartbeat, and it wouldn't be the Focus. Exclusivity is an option Ford dealers are making people pay for right now, and that is money they will never ever get back!

-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #194
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Old 11-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #195
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is a green one in Kingaroy that needs a good home.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #196
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Im not bagging you for saying you wouldn't go a BMW over the RS (In my opinion they are just as gauche and "look at me" as each other). Flogging a dead horse - The point was made and I elaborated in a non biased manner. I like the RS (and have never said I don't because truly there is nothing to hate about this car) but for 59K I'd like it more and seeing as how that is NOT NOT NOT going to happen, then no I still 100% would not buy one! So DJM83 just get your tits out of the tangle they are in and accept that when a vehicle comes out like this that opinions will be polarised!!!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #197
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I might have to do a trip and have a look. There was a green one at Warwick Ford too.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #198
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Im not bagging you for saying you wouldn't go a BMW over the RS (In my opinion they are just as gauche and "look at me" as each other). Flogging a dead horse - The point was made and I elaborated in a non biased manner. I like the RS (and have never said I don't because truly there is nothing to hate about this car) but for 59K I'd like it more and seeing as how that is NOT NOT NOT going to happen, then no I still 100% would not buy one! So DJM83 just get your tits out of the tangle they are in and accept that when a vehicle comes out like this that opinions will be polarised!!!!!
Hey i think you mis read my comment, if that was possible.
The RS has been compared to each an every car in every price bracket. So yes it is like seems the only issue most have is the price.
I know you like the RS just not the price, if i could have bought one i would have. And even moreso after seeing a couple up close.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #199
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Saw one today, looked hot, very hot. Paint quality was even worse than Aussie Fords though which was quite disappointing.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #200
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Saw one today, looked hot, very hot. Paint quality was even worse than Aussie Fords though which was quite disappointing.
Everyone ive seen was spot on, even my XR5 is better then any falcon ive seen.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #201
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Everyone ive seen was spot on, even my XR5 is better then any falcon ive seen.
Yeah that I will agree on, and mate, you're one of the die hard RS dudes that would fork out if you had the cash for one, then all the power to you (No pun intended). RS is a great nutcase of a car and no one has any right to strip you down no matter where their opinion lies.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #202
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yeah that I will agree on, and mate, you're one of the die hard RS dudes that would fork out if you had the cash for one, then all the power to you (No pun intended). RS is a great nutcase of a car and no one has any right to strip you down no matter where their opinion lies.
Spot on mate my first post wasnt a dig at you sorry if i came across that way
Old 12-11-2010, 02:19 AM   #203
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah, I must admit I'm a value for money person myself. I could never see the case for an RS unless you were really into the RS thing (not for $75k). My near fully optioned Golf R cost me $59,500 (admittedly I got a very good price). The value for money with this VW when considering the tuning potential due to its AWD set up is just hard to pass.
Have to agree. Especially since the Renault Megane RS250 came out. 95% of the car for <80% of the money, and the original and best 'revo-knuckle' setup. Same reason I've decided to get one instead of the Golf R
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #204
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
Have to agree. Especially since the Renault Megane RS250 came out. 95% of the car for <80% of the money, and the original and best 'revo-knuckle' setup. Same reason I've decided to get one instead of the Golf R
I have to say i might have been swayed towards this if it were around when i bought my I5T, very nice they are.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:43 PM   #205
290v
290v

I was at Maughan Thiem Ford the other night they have 2 in the show room they look sweet as 1 fluro green and the other white both with Ricaro seats in them
Old 12-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #206
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Yeap nice car..but no where near as hardcore as the RS.

Point is they can almost charge whatever they want and get away with it because its a limited supply and from some reports as good as sold out already.
There is a blue one at Jefferson Ford just 200m from where I sit. Dealer (sells me my cars) was saying that they are getting up to 70k. Lot of moolah!!! Very nice but 70k
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #207
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290v
I was at Maughan Thiem Ford the other night they have 2 in the show room they look sweet as 1 fluro green and the other white both with Ricaro seats in them
Factory in RS, XR5 has Recaros aswell just a different type
Old 12-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #208
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Sat in the green one 3 hours ago. They tried REALLY REALLY hard to get me to drive it home
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #209
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Back on the paint issue, the Focus RS at Etheridge in green has quite possibly the worst orange peel type effect I have seen. There was a lower rung model Focus there in blue where it was also clearly evident, although no where near as evident as on the RS. I was really surprised which is why I made mention of it. Still a damn hot car though as I said.
Old 13-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #210
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Back on the paint issue, the Focus RS at Etheridge in green has quite possibly the worst orange peel type effect I have seen. There was a lower rung model Focus there in blue where it was also clearly evident, although no where near as evident as on the RS. I was really surprised which is why I made mention of it. Still a damn hot car though as I said.
hhhmmm painter had a bad day?
Ive seen one of every colour RS and a Electric Blue RS up close and it was fine.