Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-05-2023, 09:47 AM   #2251
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Hahaha cruise ship this afternoon mate, just at a point where we are going to enjoy life, have watched to many work mates cark it before there time. Plus coming to pick it up in Oz is a bonus, the cashless thing is on a rise along with atms
disappearing and branches closing back home, we even have banks charging you when depositing. What will you do when everyone jumps on the bandwagon, barter, or gold. As for shopping somewhere, else it was just me along for the ride, my Lorna Jane leggings phase was last week. Might add Luna Park is cashless as well, had a mean night there with grandkids, plus lights on way back to hotel.
five 7 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-05-2023, 10:00 AM   #2252
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ps. roKWiz when I suggested we shop elsewhere, but then you get that look, sometimes silence is golden.
five 7 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2023, 10:40 AM   #2253
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Hahaha cruise ship this afternoon mate, just at a point where we are going to enjoy life, have watched to many work mates cark it before there time. Plus coming to pick it up in Oz is a bonus, the cashless thing is on a rise along with atms
disappearing and branches closing back home, we even have banks charging you when depositing. What will you do when everyone jumps on the bandwagon, barter, or gold. As for shopping somewhere, else it was just me along for the ride, my Lorna Jane leggings phase was last week. Might add Luna Park is cashless as well, had a mean night there with grandkids, plus lights on way back to hotel.
Don't think many are jumping on the band wagon around here, half the time the internet is down and cashless transactions don't work.
Think it's mainly a city thing.
Enjoy your trip.

roKWiz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2023, 10:33 AM   #2254
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

…There’s a lot of enthusiasm for self-driving cars, but no interest in tech to bring forward self-drinking alcohol (or coffee)? Think of the time it would save if you didn’t have to drink with friends.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2023, 11:13 AM   #2255
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Don't think many are jumping on the band wagon around here, half the time the internet is down and cashless transactions don't work.
Think it's mainly a city thing.
Enjoy your trip.
I very rarely use cash at all these days (would be lucky to have gone through $100 in cash so far this year). And I live in a reginal town (well, technically it's a city. but I don't think it was the type of city you were referring to, RW).

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2023, 02:35 PM   #2256
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Why is it that when some brainless flog tries selling something on FB marketplace, they cross post it to literally every ******* FB group that exists, tells someone to PM them and replies "sorry, someone beat you to it" then complains about having their own time wasted and getting shirty about people cracking the **** about it all!
Old 16-06-2023, 03:08 PM   #2257
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why is it football legend Barry Cable gets found guilty in court of having sex with a minor years ago on numerous occasions and has to pay her 800k.
Brittany Higgins gets paid 2.5 mill for something that's never been proven in Court, wasn't reported to Police until sometime later, wasn't reported to security on the night and no evidence what so ever except her word.
5 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2023, 03:38 PM   #2258
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Why is it that when some brainless flog tries selling something on FB marketplace, they cross post it to literally every ******* FB group that exists, tells someone to PM them and replies "sorry, someone beat you to it" then complains about having their own time wasted and getting shirty about people cracking the **** about it all!
Think you answered your own question

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2023, 08:27 PM   #2259
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Stuff like this is why I refuse to buy anything from FB Marketplace.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2023, 08:31 PM   #2260
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why is it when it's pretty dead all week so I decide to WFH and not waste the time and petrol going to the office then get hammered when I'm working on my laptop instead of my dual 24" in the office. It's like they know!

I only WFH these days when I haven't got much going or need some tradie around to sort something out
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2023, 09:17 PM   #2261
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Why is it that there's certain people who appear to feel entitled?

Leaving the supermarket tonight and a dad, in his 40s, and daughter (secondary school age) just walk right out in front of my car, no more than 10 metres from a pedestrian crossing. It's not even as tho they didn't look, coz the dad looked at me before stepping off the gutter.

So, I slow down, raise my hands in a "what the!" motion and clearly mouth to him "you might wanna freaking look next time". He then has the audacity to abuse me! Like I was the one who'd done the wrong, and dumb, thing! So loud that the smokers gathered on the other side of the pedestrian crossing stared at him in disbelief of what was unfolding.

Great role model for his daughter. Not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2023, 09:29 PM   #2262
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Why is it football legend Barry Cable gets found guilty in court of having sex with a minor years ago on numerous occasions and has to pay her 800k.
Brittany Higgins gets paid 2.5 mill for something that's never been proven in Court, wasn't reported to Police until sometime later, wasn't reported to security on the night and no evidence what so ever except her word.
Possibly because his net worth is over $10m or more and the solicitors thought they could make some money out of it.Took me about 10 seconds to find out if Barry is rich or not. I could imagine some women going thorugh all their past "lovers" seeing how much money they've got.
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2023, 09:41 PM   #2263
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post

Leaving the supermarket tonight and a dad, in his 40s, and daughter (secondary school age) just walk right out in front of my car, no more than 10 metres from a pedestrian crossing. It's not even as tho they didn't look, coz the dad looked at me before stepping off the gutter.

So, I slow down, raise my hands in a "what the!" motion and clearly mouth to him "you might wanna freaking look next time". He then has the audacity to abuse me! Like I was the one who'd done the wrong, and dumb, thing! So loud that the smokers gathered on the other side of the pedestrian crossing stared at him in disbelief of what was unfolding.

I dont know your circunmstance, but my rule of thumb in carparks is that you should drive little faster than walking pace when pedestrains close by. If a pedesterian crossing the road has to quicken his or hers pace because you are heading straight for them, then you are going too fast. Some people treat it like a game of chicken...."get out of my way or I'll run you over", versus, "I'm walking here, slow down you prik"
Old 16-06-2023, 09:45 PM   #2264
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB View Post
Possibly because his net worth is over $10m or more and the solicitors thought they could make some money out of it.Took me about 10 seconds to find out if Barry is rich or not. I could imagine some women going thorugh all their past "lovers" seeing how much money they've got.
Bankrupt ain’t he?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2023, 09:45 PM   #2265
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That leads me to another thing. Why is it that stories suck up so much time in politics and the media, most people do not give a flying **** one way or the other.

The 24/7 news cycle is ****en toxic and is filled with repetition and/or bull****. Over it. Anything this or that I and I try to just ignore it
Old 16-06-2023, 09:50 PM   #2266
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Bankrupt ain’t he?
Dunno. Maybe he saw the lawsuit coming, solicitors advice.
Old 16-06-2023, 09:54 PM   #2267
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
That leads me to another thing. Why is it that stories suck up so much time in politics and the media, most people do not give a flying **** one way or the other.

The 24/7 news cycle is ****en toxic and is filled with repetition and/or bull****. Over it. Anything this or that I and I try to just ignore it
The small minority manage to ignore it. The strategy works on most people. Advertising does the same thing. I refuse to watch advertising.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2023, 09:54 PM   #2268
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:

Had similar happen to me a few times.

It's not a case of me (or you) driving too fast, as you mentioned, the person did not even look to see if anything was coming...........doing so is COMMON SCENCE! And yet, if you hit them, you would be the worst person in the world.
Mustang GT

Old 16-06-2023, 10:37 PM   #2269
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's yet another thing thing. I have no kids but always stick to the 40/kmh in school zones but you have these parents pick up their kids and speed through them, some of them in their tank SUVs and utes WTF
Old 16-06-2023, 11:27 PM   #2270
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Is this your first male Karen encounter?

PS: These types of fools I give the horn button a continuous press to get everyone attention to their idiotic behavour.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2023, 08:43 AM   #2271
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
That's yet another thing thing. I have no kids but always stick to the 40/kmh in school zones but you have these parents pick up their kids and speed through them, some of them in their tank SUVs and utes WTF
That is so true, they race around creating havoc to get their little darlings to and from school despite the laws. Yes I've had plenty of WTF moments around school zones.

btw......Does the ACT still have the all day zones ?

roKWiz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2023, 10:45 AM   #2272
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Why is it when it's pretty dead all week so I decide to WFH and not waste the time and petrol going to the office then get hammered when I'm working on my laptop instead of my dual 24" in the office. It's like they know!

I only WFH these days when I haven't got much going or need some tradie around to sort something out
Talking of WFH, me and the bride went to a local tavern for lunch.
A woman seated at the next table was knocking back white wine, glass after glass, and working on spreadsheets on her lap top, paperwork all over the tablel for 4 and doing phone calls about work.
FO and WFH,
3 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2023, 11:04 AM   #2273
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That is so true, they race around creating havoc to get their little darlings to and from school despite the laws. Yes I've had plenty of WTF moments around school zones.

Yes we do.
Old 17-06-2023, 12:33 PM   #2274
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB View Post
I dont know your circunmstance, but my rule of thumb in carparks is that you should drive little faster than walking pace when pedestrains close by. If a pedesterian crossing the road has to quicken his or hers pace because you are heading straight for them, then you are going too fast. Some people treat it like a game of chicken...."get out of my way or I'll run you over", versus, "I'm walking here, slow down you prik"
I get what you're saying. I see those who think a shopping centre carpark is just another term for a go kart track!

But that wasn't me. I would have been doing less than 15km/h at the time. I'd just left my car park, no more than 20m away from the pedestrian crossing. About 1/3 of the car park is closed at the mo due to the installation of a click and collect station, so the rest of the car park is chaotic. People and cars mixing everywhere, so I was being cautious, especially as I know that the road I was taking passed the entrance to the supermarket and shopping centre.

Maybe that was my downfall: not going fast enough to cause him any significant injury if I didn't stop for him. If I was going faster, maybe he wouldn't have taken that chance?

Oh, and IM, no, it's not the first time I've come across this at all, just felt the need to vent, especially after he went off his nut at me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 17-06-2023, 06:52 PM   #2275
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:

I’m surprised the penalties for speeding drivers in school zones are not informed by whether or not they have school age children. It should be double, at least. Ditto the fines for driver on phone if the car has factory hands free.
Old 17-06-2023, 07:04 PM   #2276
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’m surprised the penalties for speeding drivers in school zones are not informed by whether or not they have school age children. It should be double, at least. Ditto the fines for driver on phone if the car has factory hands free.
I have said for years that the ph penalties should be much more severe for texting compared to talking.To me holding the ph and talking is no more distracting than talking to passengers or arguing with the radio!BUT texting involves taking hands off the wheel and looking at the ph whilst typing out messages.See it everyday at traffic lights,drivers looking up,then down and upagain,goes on and on til the lights change,then same again at the next red light.Fine them $1000 first offence $2000 second time then 6 months loss of licence for the next time
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2023, 07:17 PM   #2277
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I get what you're saying. I see those who think a shopping centre carpark is just another term for a go kart track!

But that wasn't me. I would have been doing less than 15km/h at the time. I'd just left my car park, no more than 20m away from the pedestrian crossing. About 1/3 of the car park is closed at the mo due to the installation of a click and collect station, so the rest of the car park is chaotic. People and cars mixing everywhere, so I was being cautious, especially as I know that the road I was taking passed the entrance to the supermarket and shopping centre.

Maybe that was my downfall: not going fast enough to cause him any significant injury if I didn't stop for him. If I was going faster, maybe he wouldn't have taken that chance?

Oh, and IM, no, it's not the first time I've come across this at all, just felt the need to vent, especially after he went off his nut at me!
I once had a L-Plater cut me off while I was riding a bike.

As anyone would in that situation, I shook my head in disapproval. The father then hurled vile abuse at ME because somehow his 16-year-old daughter needed to be taught how to act like a complete pigheaded moron.

I have to laugh at all the self-righteous parents who get up on their pedestal to say how society is leading kids into controversial directions. Frankly, some parents need to look in their own backyard with the example THEY are setting.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2023, 07:28 PM   #2278
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Similar to the idiots I encountered today, bloke briskly riding a motorised scooter more-or-less down the centre of a narrow suburban street, holding parallel (what was presumably) his young daughter on her own scooter. Neither with any head protection other than caps. And fluffy black mutt furiously weaving all over the road as it chased them, despite my caution I nearly did run it over!
2 users like this post:
Old 26-06-2023, 09:59 PM   #2279
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Why is it a licence is required to go fishing but anybody can have children?

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2023, 12:38 AM   #2280
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Why is it that in the metric world of today, a tyre spec is a still mix of metric and imperial measurements stamped on every tyre?

235/55 R18
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: