Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:17 AM   #31
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Hi Chris, if you want to put some video up, from what you have that would be great.
New engine does sound exciting, a low 9 or 8 sec pass should be great fun..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #32
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Rod, Mark You guys have major issues. And I love it
Cant wait to see and HEAR the finished product.

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 09:28 PM   #33
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_xr8_ute
Rod, Mark You guys have major issues. And I love it
Cant wait to see and HEAR the finished product.
Kev, Project is on hold...Rod is looking at a full chassis Comaro 1000 pounds lighter than the Monza.
Dont know who is more confused me or Rod. this Camaro dont run 10's...Awesome looking Camaro, but i wouldn't want to be the person who tells his wife... : :
We might need a sponsor, OFR's accountant will hit the roof if this Camaro gets in Rods hands...

Old 12-02-2005, 10:48 PM   #34
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They joys of cars and drag racing. Best way to keep the wallet empty and I love it I just spent $3000 on a new auto for mine. This one won't fail. ;)

Should be good fun. All the best and hope you get back in action soon.

Brenden

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 10:54 PM   #35
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
I just spent $3000 on a new auto for mine. This one won't fail. ;)

Brenden
Hi Brendan, i hope not, thats a few bucks....no guarantee's in performance part's...who rebuilt your Auto...
i know someone who is having one built for a high horse power car this week, cost is $4200 big job new bigger centre shaft its the hamburger with the lot.. :

Old 12-02-2005, 10:57 PM   #36
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

KB automatics in Berwick. It's got all the goodies inc tranbrake. They aint cheap but the products good. I pick it up Monday then I get to spend some more $ sorting a histall to suit.

Brenden

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 11:02 PM   #37
SpoolMan

Some big rubber and you will be happier than Larry..lol..good luck see you out at Calder soon...

Old 14-02-2005, 04:35 PM   #38
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Maybe Rod should have a look at this !!! CLICK HERE
XW 393 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2005, 09:16 PM   #39
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost
Maybe Rod should have a look at this !!! CLICK HERE
hi Ray and ben, where you been hiding, the Camaro i seen costs 10 times that and is the real deal..

Old 15-02-2005, 09:11 AM   #40
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Gday Mark, Havent been on here all that much lately, been gettin the XW ready for paint , it goes in on March 1st so its all hands on deck !!
The Camaro sounds pretty dam scary !!! All the best with it !
XW 393 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 12:33 AM   #41
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Just put some gas on it mate :jab:
thanks Simon
but i prefer ALL throttle no bottle :eclipsee_
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 12:42 AM   #42
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Kev, Project is on hold...Rod is looking at a full chassis Comaro 1000 pounds lighter than the Monza.
Dont know who is more confused me or Rod. this Camaro dont run 10's...Awesome looking Camaro, but i wouldn't want to be the person who tells his wife... : :
We might need a sponsor, OFR's accountant will hit the roof if this Camaro gets in Rods hands...

The Camaro weighs in at 2200 on the knocker with me in it

as for confusion i think its me, will have enother look at the Camaro tomorrow & will make the all important decision by the week end, i have preped the Handbrake & she seems fine, the only stipulation is atleast one car has to go, i told her that i will get rid of the blue XR8 & also the White one but she didnt see the funny side to it so i guess it has to be the Monza

it may be worth putting the Camaro engine into the Monza & selling the Monza as a turn key deal, the Camaro has gone 156.4 Mph at 2190Lb to me that equates to 640 Hp so maybe i need to recalculate the options on the engine out of the Monza

regards
rod
Old 24-02-2005, 02:29 PM   #43
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
The Camaro weighs in at 2200 on the knocker with me in it

as for confusion i think its me, will have enother look at the Camaro tomorrow & will make the all important decision by the week end, i have preped the Handbrake & she seems fine, the only stipulation is atleast one car has to go, i told her that i will get rid of the blue XR8 & also the White one but she didnt see the funny side to it so i guess it has to be the Monza

it may be worth putting the Camaro engine into the Monza & selling the Monza as a turn key deal, the Camaro has gone 156.4 Mph at 2190Lb to me that equates to 640 Hp so maybe i need to recalculate the options on the engine out of the Monza

regards
rod
(sighs) would have been nice to see a slightly different camshaft in it mate, a 9 wasn't far away.........

then maybe diff gears, 7 across the line would have yielded a great result im sure :
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 10:19 PM   #44
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
a 9 wasn't far away.........
if the Camaro ends up a OFR car, the eye's are for a lower number.....thats crazy stuff...

Old 24-02-2005, 11:35 PM   #45
strife

what class has the camaro been running in
strife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 11:47 PM   #46
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife
Hi Strife, not to sure....
i know if Rod picks this car up the only class it will be in, is the : class of FUN. :eclipsee_

Old 25-02-2005, 12:48 AM   #47
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife

it was built to run in the old super stock but the index droped & the car wasnt makeing enough power, it has had a few runs in super gas with a 9.90 index

the best the car has managed is 8.94 @ 156.6 but all going well it will run a 8.7 with a carby change sooner than you think :evilsasmo

just never know your luck in a big city :
Old 25-02-2005, 12:50 AM   #48
Rod

engine makes around 730Hp
Old 25-02-2005, 09:25 AM   #49
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
engine makes around 730Hp
im assuming it was a "BSK" or B gas car??
Old 25-02-2005, 03:04 PM   #50
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
im assuming it was a "BSK" or B gas car??

yes Chris it was built as a "B Gas" car but they changed the name of the class to "BSK" but by the look of things after the next NCC meeting all the classes will return to there former glory of the names that we all know so it will be still a "B Gas" car

i plan to run it as a "Super Gas" car with a fixed index of 9.90 with no weight break's its all in the reaction time

all throttle no bottle

when will we see your car out on the "Black Top" ???

regards
rod
Old 25-02-2005, 04:25 PM   #51
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
yes Chris it was built as a "B Gas" car but they changed the name of the class to "BSK" but by the look of things after the next NCC meeting all the classes will return to there former glory of the names that we all know so it will be still a "B Gas" car

i plan to run it as a "Super Gas" car with a fixed index of 9.90 with no weight break's its all in the reaction time

all throttle no bottle

when will we see your car out on the "Black Top" ???

regards
rod

im starting to run out of excuses!