Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Ford expects $US570m international op loss

Ford expects $US570m international op loss

Ford Motor Company says its losses on international operations could hit $US570 million ($A567.25 million) in the quarter ending this week, but would not be enough to offset profits from domestic sales.

IN a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the number-two US automaker said it expects second-quarter pre-tax operating profits, excluding special items, "to be substantially lower than the same period a year ago".

"We continue to expect good results for Ford North America and Ford Credit during the second quarter, but our operations outside of North America are under increasing pressure," the statement said.

"In fact, our combined results for the second quarter for Ford South America, Ford Europe, and Ford Asia Pacific Africa could be a loss of about three times as much as the $US190 million pre-tax loss incurred by these operations in the first quarter."

In South America, the company said, it was running into greater competition and pricing challenges as well as weakening currencies.

Europe's turn into recession has hit sales there, biting into its margins, Ford said.

"We are impacted by the serious economic crisis, compounded by an intensifying competitive environment as manufacturers react to lower consumer demand and excess production capacity."

In its Asia Pacific Africa division operations are better, but Ford said it was "not yet fully realising the associated revenue of new products and facilities".

"While our volume is up in the region, our investment and growth costs are rising faster for now."

"For the full year, we continue to expect to be solidly profitable," it added.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/b...-1226411769923
My comment "what does that mean ? Ford Oz is doing ok ?

Old 29-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford expects $US570m international op loss

The APA division covers South Africa, Asia (China, India, Thailand, is there more?) and Australia so I don't think we can be more specific about individual units.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

tuff times ahead everywhere.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
My comment "what does that mean ? Ford Oz is doing ok ?
No I think that is in FAPA generally. My take on that is that they are still trying to recapitalise from the downtime of the Thai plants after the floods - availability of Ranger stock being a classic example.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
BHDOGS
Banned

and Europe not having two euros to rub together
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
and Europe not having two euros to rub together
Or one !!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Buntz
Straight Eight

That's operating losses from three market regions. Which is bearable for Ford. Ford spent more than that on adding Transit to the F-150 plant with plant upgrades.
Old 29-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
The APA division covers South Africa, Asia (China, India, Thailand, is there more?) and Australia so I don't think we can be more specific about individual units.
I don't think China is counted as part of FAPA, i'm pretty sure its big enough to be counted on its own AFAIK.

Its interesting how Ford US is the only division making money, not suprising considering One Ford basically is all set up to benefit them while leaving the others to cop whatever they are given ie. no exporting to the US, and rather than having other divisions export to them they would rather build it themselves.

One Ford (but only if it suits the US)

I also don't get why Ford is so supply limited with vehicles out of Europe, when they are not selling much over there, especially not being able to get any diesel Kugas, yet they apparently have excess capacity.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #9
RASER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8

Its interesting how Ford US is the only division making money, .
Its easy, sell lots of cheap-to-make Pick Up trucks, which Ford have done a really good job with for decades, its kept the whole company profitable most of the times

How about some for AUS> :-)
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BossXr8 i think the your on the money with the Ford US putting it`s own plants first, you can`t really blame them i suppose, imo half the problem is that are just too many car makers, i can see a point in the future ......it maybe decades off or sooner, but still i see a lot of the car makers being absorbed or shutting up and only a couple of major players being left pumping out bland electronic eco boxes,