Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #91
MikGan

revs, will do next time we fill up I'll wack some of that in there, heck it cant get much worse..... or can it.

Well I dont know if its worth calling up ford and complaining again, its all too hard.
MikGan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 06:13 PM   #92
raymon81

I've had problems starting my 06 zetec in the last few days. No turn over at all, just a one click sound and dats it, wont start at all. when i called racv to come out, the car would start without racv even doing anything, just basically testing the battery and they are telling me the battery is fine. Could be a bad connection somewhere or the starter motor. I already know about the starting problems the focus has when it turns over and doesnt start, i still get that every now and then. But im not getting any turn over at all. Took it to ford today and left it with them, they called me back and told me they are replacing the starter motor, they couldnt find any bad connection anywhere.
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
raymon81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #93
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Stuck.

Byaaaaaaaaa.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #94
inghome
LZ Focus Sport

Smile

One for the register.

Month/year build: Nov 06
Spec Level: LS CL (smooth pack)
KMs at time of fault: 500kms
Symtoms: Hatch wont open by hand, only key remote release.
Fault: Dealer traced problem to actual catch being faulty
Fixed? By: Wayne Phillis Ford. Replaced electronic latch inside handle.
Comments: Excelent service and quick response.
inghome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #95
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Month/year build: 06/06
Spec Level: LX
KMs at time of fault: 10,200
Symtoms: Engine died while braking in reverse, difficult restart, Engine light illuminated - Engine System Fault message.
Fault: TBA
Fixed? By:
Comments:
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #96
BrisVegas
Noobie

Month/year build: 10/06
Spec Level: Zetec
KMs at time of fault: since new
Symtoms: Sounds like brakes rubbing a little when taking off from stationary. My fuel economy is good, so I don't think it's rubbing constantly. Just a mildly annoying sound and I want to make sure there is nothing more serious wrong.
Fixed? By:
Comments: I'll mention it at the first service (15000km)
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #97
scooby

Month/year build: 02/07
KM' at time of fault: New
Symptoms: Leaking boot, bumper and hatch door out of allingment, plastic trim falling off (l.h. rear window)
Fault: rubber grommets under tail lights needed replacing, badly allingned body panels, crappy glue on trim
Fixed by: Ford service dept when car was 3 days old.
Comments: The back end looks straight now, but the boot leaked again when I washed the car and the plastic door trim is starting to fall off again.
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #98
roundy
Starter Motor

06 cl manual 16000 kms
For about the last 3000kms the doors all creak loudly when negotiating driveways ,speedhumps etc at low speed.The dealer had a look at the 15000km service,but there was no improvement.Anyone else have a similar problem?
roundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #99
blacksapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundy
06 cl manual 16000 kms
For about the last 3000kms the doors all creak loudly when negotiating driveways ,speedhumps etc at low speed.The dealer had a look at the 15000km service,but there was no improvement.Anyone else have a similar problem?
Hi all, tis been a while between posts.

May 06 LX sedan, around 24800 kms. I get the same problem reversing into my driveway and I have pressed down on the boot when stationary and I get the same noise. Rear shocks? I also sometimes get a slight howling noise when taking off from stationary after agressive braking. Has anyone else gotten this and had it fixed?
Old 19-05-2007, 04:06 AM   #100
BlackLS

I tends to be the door rubbers moving around with the car flexing. I only started to notice this after lowering it, and then its only entering my driveway on an angle (one wheel is lifted off the ground at this point)

Silicone lubricant can work wonders as well as keeping the door jam areas clean.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2007, 01:53 PM   #101
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Month/year build: 04/06
KM' at time of fault: 1,000
Symptoms: Weird squeaking noises when braking
Fault: Replace wheel bearing
Fixed by: Ford Service @ Peter Warren Liverpool
Comments: I made the noise even worse than it was on purpose by running over a metal island so that Ford doesn't miss the fault ;)
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #102
blacksapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
I tends to be the door rubbers moving around with the car flexing. I only started to notice this after lowering it, and then its only entering my driveway on an angle (one wheel is lifted off the ground at this point)

Silicone lubricant can work wonders as well as keeping the door jam areas clean.
Thanks for the tip. Will try it out.
Old 25-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #103
roundy
Starter Motor

Quote:

Thanks for the advice ,I will give the silicone a try,ford don't seem too interested.
Old 25-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #104
roundy
Starter Motor

Yeah ,mine has that slight howl after braking ,not every time and only from the right front.The dealer had a look , but no fix I'm afraid.
Old 14-06-2007, 02:51 PM   #105
BrisVegas
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas
Month/year build: 10/06
Spec Level: Zetec
KMs at time of fault: since new
Symtoms: Sounds like brakes rubbing a little when taking off from stationary. My fuel economy is good, so I don't think it's rubbing constantly. Just a mildly annoying sound and I want to make sure there is nothing more serious wrong.
Fixed? By:
Comments: I'll mention it at the first service (15000km)
Mine's still doing this, but I also notice it on sharp right turns and as the rear wheels go over speed bumps. Seems to be the right rear brake grabbing or something similar.

I'm due for 15,000km service next month so hopefully they can resolve it then.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #106
scooby

I'm getting my 7 week old LX back tomorrow from Ford service after their 3rd attempt to fix water leak in boot. I was told today they can't fix it. It passed their water test (hosing the car) so they can't find where the leak is coming from. Not good news for me. Anyone had a similar problem?
Old 19-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #107
Ruppy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby
I'm getting my 7 week old LX back tomorrow from Ford service after their 3rd attempt to fix water leak in boot. I was told today they can't fix it. It passed their water test (hosing the car) so they can't find where the leak is coming from. Not good news for me. Anyone had a similar problem?
My LS is at Alto Ford at St Leonard's as we speak getting my boot leak looked at. Dropped it off at 7:30am, said they'd get straight on it. As I was standing on the platform at the station I saw them reverse it to the back of the carpark. Can't wait till I get there at 4pm to find out it hasn't been done!
Ruppy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #108
scooby

Ruppy, mine is going back today for the 4th time. Picked it up last friday, they said no fault found, but I checked the boot upon leaving and found water in it. Showed the service guy, who booked it in again for today. This is driving me nuts!. Let us know if they fix yours and cause of problem etc.
Old 19-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #109
Ruppy
Starter Motor

Scooby, will do. I rang them at lunch, got told they have booked out parts to the car. Only time will tell.
Old 19-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #110
BlackLS

Quote:
After the recent rain I'm getting this as well!

I think its coming from behind the tail lights. I'll call Alto Ford Artarmon. ;)
Old 19-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #111
Ronz
Starter Motor

My car i picked up yesterday 200kms old and its come up with engine systems fault.

All you guys with experience, what could it be and can i still drive it?

Also, if i turn the engine off and start it, it goes away, but as soon as i hiut the brakes, its there again.

help
Ronz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2007, 06:47 PM   #112
FRA
Mr Focus

call Ford and book it in right now.
Yeah you can still drive it around but, take it easy and don't go past 80km as mine locks itself into overdrive.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #113
Ronz
Starter Motor

odd, i just took the car for a spin and its gone, didnt come back up either.

Brake lights dont work though.

Grrrrr.

Is this a common problem i should expect owning this car or is there others?
Old 20-06-2007, 01:06 AM   #114
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronz
odd, i just took the car for a spin and its gone, didnt come back up either.

Brake lights dont work though.

Grrrrr.

Is this a common problem i should expect owning this car or is there others?
That sounds really bad. Like a short or something, which has now blown the brake fuse (as it should). Yeah straight to Ford.
Old 20-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #115
scooby

BlackLS,... both Ruppy and myself are experiencing water leaks from behind the tail lights.
Ford's quick fix seems to be to replace the rubber grommets under the tail lights (didn't work). Since that fix mine had to get re-sealed where the sheetmetal overlaps around the hatch. It's now sitting in a body shop, 4th attempt to fix.
Old 20-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #116
Ronz
Starter Motor

Quote:
That sounds really bad. Like a short or something, which has now blown the brake fuse (as it should). Yeah straight to Ford.

Started it up this morning to go to the dealer, everything works perfectly INCLUDING the brake lights.

No error messages or anything.

Took it to the dealer just to be sure and they couldnt fault it.

How bizarre.
Old 23-06-2007, 04:38 PM   #117
scooby

Dropped into the body shop today to check on progress of repairs to my leaking LX. All interior trim pulled out including roof lining, basically seats and dash left intact. Covered in white dust inside and out. So much for my nice shiny new car. They think they have fixed the leaks (several actually). I'm not accepting it back unless it's in perfect condition, just as it was when all this started, just 3 days after I bought the car. In which case you might see me doing doughnuts in the loan car outside a Ford dealership near you.. :
Old 27-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #118
Ruppy
Starter Motor

Quote:
BlackLS,... both Ruppy and myself are experiencing water leaks from behind the tail lights.
Ford's quick fix seems to be to replace the rubber grommets under the tail lights (didn't work). Since that fix mine had to get re-sealed where the sheetmetal overlaps around the hatch. It's now sitting in a body shop, 4th attempt to fix.
Well, it's been a week now and the water leak in the boot of my car seems to have gone. I was told the rubber grommets for the tail lights have be replaced and resealed.

All the best with your car Scooby...
Old 30-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #119
scooby

Thanks Ruppy, picked mine up last thursday, seems to be fixed now. Mine needed extensive resealing at several places around the rear end. 4 attempts and a total of 18 days in the repair shop. Now I can start to enjoy driving it.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #120
scooby

Errr...make that 5 warranty repairs. Had to take it back yesterday for a new water pump. Only 850km's on the clock. Has the Focus got a hidden self destruct button that I've accidently left in the 'on' position?