Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 13-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
Fordhill
Starter Motor

Default "C" Servicing for Focus LZ

My 2018 Ford Focus LZ is due for annual service (15K).My car does a short trip of 10 minutes to the station in the morning.Many a morning can be around the 5 degree c mark in Melbourne.The service manual calls for a C service(see extract attached)for vehicles driven in harsh conditions.Does my vehicle require a C service?What does the C service involve?A carbon clean?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ford1.jpg (112.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Fordhill; 13-06-2020 at 01:04 PM.
Fordhill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2020, 09:12 PM   #2
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: "C" Servicing for Focus LZ

I had a bit of a look around the inter-webs, but it seems this info is very elusive.

However, in the service book for our LW, the very next page after one that looks exactly like yours expands on what might be in the "C" service. All it seems to imply, in the LW at least, is changing the brake fluid, which I believe would be due at two years regardless. I somehow doubt a carbon clean would be involved in any event.

In the old days, the solution was a shorter service interval rather than extra work done at a particular service.

Personally, I would just have the regular service, and maybe an extra oil change in between (at the six month mark) annual A/B services if I was planning on keeping the car for a long time past warranty.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2020, 11:28 AM   #3
Fordhill
Starter Motor

Default Re: "C" Servicing for Focus LZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus View Post

Personally, I would just have the regular service, and maybe an extra oil change in between (at the six month mark) annual A/B services if I was planning on keeping the car for a long time past warranty.
Many thanks In Focus for your advice and that seems the most sensible thing to do given my usage pattern.
Fordhill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post