Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 
Talking BF XT front brakes onto AU2 Fairlane, any advantages? And other questions

Hey AUFalcon boys and girls.

Just wondering if there's any advantages to putting BF front brakes onto an AU2 Fairlane? I drive the poor thing quite hard, so reliability and performance advantages would be good.

Have also been thinking of lowering it... Was looking at "Lows" and "superlows" for it. Anyone got pics of these in Fairlanes/LTD's?

Also, did the front swaybar size change between AU2 and BF?

Last thing, any aftermarket exhausts (redback for example) sell off the shelf exhausts for these? The fairlane is awfully quiet (coming from a loud manual EF wagon anyway)

Cheers

Last edited by XRGhia; 24-06-2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Fail at typing on an iPhone :/
XRGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 
Default Re: BF XT front brakes onto AU2 Fairlane, any advantages? And other questions

Tony, height wise, mine sits on King Lows. I am sure you find some pics on here - somewhere!

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: BF XT front brakes onto AU2 Fairlane, any advantages? And other questions

I run BA slotted discs and callipers on my Fairlane and it makes a BIG difference, I reacon at least 3 car lengths from 100kph. I can actually make the ABS kick in twice as quickly as it used to and cause the tyres to chirp to a stop now on a full blooded emergency stop. It now out brakes the wagon which is running cross drilled and slotted brakes and weighs less than the 'lane. And all this with so so pads that don't really start to bite till they warm up 1.5 to 2 seconds into the emergency stop. Softer, grippier pads would shorten the stop again.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Haha, yeah, forgot about yours Stu.... Woops. How do you reckon king Lows on stock shocks would go?

Cheers Bushbasher. Looks like I'll put the BF brakes onto the Fairlane, and use the AU calipers when I upgrade my EF's hideous brakes.
Old 27-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
EBW-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Beth runs Pedders superlows and shocks in hers, sits VERY nice IMO

Rear is sacked as all hell, lol!

phat GUARD ROLLING | 0429 093 302 | facebook
"CHEAPEST GUARD ROLLING IN MELBOURNE"
EBW-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Lol, I forgot about Beth's 'lane!...

Might have to troll fb and find a pic of the rear so I get an idea... Let's not forget Beth has 20's and a 5L :P
Old 27-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
Day-mow
rexnet

bigger braking surface.
but spend $$$ on sweet pads.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBW-302
Beth runs Pedders superlows and shocks in hers, sits VERY nice IMO

Rear is sacked as all hell, lol!

If they're still the springs you got from me, they were a special order from pedders mate..
Rear ones are custom..

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post