Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Falcon GT club of SA > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
Revhead70
Starter Motor

Default scratched glass

Hi all
I'm in the process of installing the glass in my XY and noticed it has scratches. Does anyone know of a company in Sydney who can professionally remove them. I want to use the original ones not aftermarket
Any feedback would be great
Revhead70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2016, 11:22 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: scratched glass

Any good windscreen repairer should be able to polish glass or try domestic glass repairers aswell.. Couple listed below..

http://www.glasspolish.com.au/services/car-windscreens/

http://www.scratchlessglass.com.au/w...ive-glass.html
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2016, 10:27 PM   #3
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The problem you get if you try to polish out scratches you get optical sections a bit like ground spectacle lenses.Not really much to worry about with door glass but can pose real problems with front windscreens.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2016, 02:14 PM   #4
ba-wagon

How noticeable it is would depend on how much the thickness changes and how rapidly it goes from thick to thin.
I am waiting on some cerium oxide to arrive so in can have a go at polishing windscreen wiper scratches on a windscreen.
ba-wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post