Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
V|PER
The Anointed

Default BA XR8 fuel catch

Anyone had any problems with the fuel cover on their BA's, I was fueling up the other day and went to close the lid and it wouldnt catch. I had to get someone to push the cap release button while I had the lid closed before it would hinge shut.

ill get it fixed soon, but just wanted to know if anyone else had similar problems or if its a known issue.

V|PER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 12:03 AM   #2
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Not yet. All going well so far Re: the XR8 fuel cap latch. It does feel a bit dicey though at times.

Lukeyson
Old 08-01-2008, 12:08 AM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yep, had the same issue on my AU every now and then. It's almost like the spring gets stuck, and a subsequent press of the button unsticks it. Not really a fault, but a feature, I think. And as the fuel release is the same as EA, it's been tried and tested for 20 odd years!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 12:47 AM   #4
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

Same on the XR6 Turbo - occasionally sticks open - a tap on the catch mechanism in the filler releases it.....

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post