Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 13-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #1
Zetec06
Just Beginning

Default Getting Started

[IMG]K:\DCIM\100MSDCF\DSC00195.JPG[/IMG]
Well, I've had it 2 days, done 500ks and I am going to be one of those annoying newbies that asks the regular questions...

First thing is ride height, anyone know the best springs, etc. to lower my baby to ground hugging but hopefully still legal levels?

Second is the headlights. The standards are awesome but I want to change them for pure white (euro lux. look) bulbs. Can anyone recommend the best brand/wattage?

I apologise for the bland nature of the post but would appreciate some advice...

Last edited by Zetec06; 13-05-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Zetec06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

congrats on ur purchase dude, good to see another LS Zetec on here...

ok ride height there's a few things... i got king springs superlows, which cost $230 and sits on what i and many police officers have debated as just legal, handling increase was awesome though, or another member of the forums is ordering an eibach kit, just browse thru the post, as for bulbs haven't touched em yet so yeah... anyones guess
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 12:04 AM   #3
Zetec06
Just Beginning

Thankyou, I guess trying to put the photo up didn't work, they look so hot in black...

I had King's S/Lows on my EFII falcon and loved the ride height.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FocusLSZetec.JPG (94.4 KB, 63 views)
Old 14-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #4
BlackLS

Another EF to LS Focus convert! Black to match ;)

Congrats on the purchase!

Philips Bluevision Xeon seem to be the bulbs to use. I don't know yet what type of light the Focus uses.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #5
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
congrats on ur purchase dude, good to see another LS Zetec on here...

ok ride height there's a few things... i got king springs superlows, which cost $230 and sits on what i and many police officers have debated as just legal, handling increase was awesome though, or another member of the forums is ordering an eibach kit, just browse thru the post, as for bulbs haven't touched em yet so yeah... anyones guess
That other member would be me

Just ordered the The Eibach kit from European-Parts, this kit is the kit that is available from Ford UK as a factory option. Kit cost $235AUD + $90 (roughly) for shipping. Good price when you look at the price of the King Springs...Ride height is 35mm lower from standard.

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...5e70b05722775a

I'll keep you posted in my thread how I go with it all (waiting on it to arrive...)
#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 12:32 AM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I'd take Eibach over ANYTHING, especially at suich a cheap price ($235 that Russ paid) especially given they're a factory option in the UK.

Welcome though, good to see another convert!
Old 15-05-2006, 01:22 AM   #7
amlohac

I have xennons in my car, they are a bastard to put in cos there is very little room under the hood but they work very very well, highly recomended.

I got mine from autobarn they cost $80 for a pair of globes and parkies. Mine are Philips 5000k. Anything at a higher brightness is ILLEGAL, and the fine isnt cheap. The guy who sold them to me had been finned numerous times and had even been to court over the issue (stating how can increasing sight at night be considered illegal its a safety inhancement). I have not as yet got high beam xenons but considering getting 6500k high beams ($180).

If you can get those Eibachs for that cheap go for them, or go to Pedders they offer a 24 month warranty on all their work.
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #8
Zetec06
Just Beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Russ#Es#
That other member would be me

Just ordered the The Eibach kit from European-Parts, this kit is the kit that is available from Ford UK as a factory option. Kit cost $235AUD + $90 (roughly) for shipping. Good price when you look at the price of the King Springs...Ride height is 35mm lower from standard.

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...5e70b05722775a

I'll keep you posted in my thread how I go with it all (waiting on it to arrive...)
Is this 35mm lower than CL or Zetec standard height? I want the car to be as low as practically possible. I spoke to Pedders, they quoted about $700 fitted but said Kings Superlows would be lower than theirs...
Old 19-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #9
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol, go superlows.... do it... you wont regret it!
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 11:31 PM   #10
Zetec06
Just Beginning

[QUOTE=amlohac]I have xennons in my car, they are a bastard to put in cos there is very little room under the hood but they work very very well, highly recomended.
QUOTE]

Are they the pure white lights that you see on the merc/lexus'?
Old 20-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #11
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec06
Is this 35mm lower than CL or Zetec standard height? I want the car to be as low as practically possible. I spoke to Pedders, they quoted about $700 fitted but said Kings Superlows would be lower than theirs...
Gives a 35mm drop from standard CL/LS height (25mm drop from Zetec height)

Eibach also sell the Sportline range, which is lower again...(not sure how much though)...check their website if you're interested.
#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post