Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
GunmetalFox

Default FPV/XR Club members east coast, what are your thoughts on the club ???

Gentleman,

I would like to join a FPV/XR club on the east coast am moving out of VIC soon (maybe) and could be going to either NSW or QLD (another maybe) and was just looking for some feedback on what you guys thing of the clubs. Am really interested in the track days they hold. Better on track than a public road.

And the general "feel" of the club, hot headed arguments, are majority of the members welcoming / or not.

I was heavily involved with the Field & game Association, when i was younger and really loved the banter, and common ground of the other members as there is nothing like being able to talk about a passion to a person that shares that passion (unless it ends in a tussle over a minor disagreement )

All thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers Gunmetal

Koni Suspension
Twin 2.5inch Stainless Pipes
Custom Tray
GunmetalFox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FPV/XR Club members east coast, what are your thoughts on the club ???

If you're coming to Queensland I would recommend this Club http://www.xrclub.com/
All owners of XR6/XR8 and FPV are welcome. This is a strong Club and has track days at QR and Lakeside as well as get-togethers.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
GunmetalFox

Default Re: FPV/XR Club members east coast, what are your thoughts on the club ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
If you're coming to Queensland I would recommend this Club http://www.xrclub.com/
All owners of XR6/XR8 and FPV are welcome. This is a strong Club and has track days at QR and Lakeside as well as get-togethers.
Where abouts is the club based as yet im not sure where i will be moving but could likly be rocky give and take an hour nth and sth, Not that i would complain about having the pleasure of driving the ute a distance though
Koni Suspension
Custom Tray
Old 08-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I sold my F6 and bought a 70 Mach 1 Mustang, I am no longer a member of that club, but I'm pretty sure they have a chapter in Mackay. But the best way to get info is to use the contacts on their web-site.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
GunmetalFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
As I sold my F6 and bought a 70 Mach 1 Mustang, I am no longer a member of that club, but I'm pretty sure they have a chapter in Mackay. But the best way to get info is to use the contacts on their web-site.
Lovely was just talking to a mate in airleys beach about moving to Mackay. that may work out well,

Thanks Pedro
Koni Suspension
Custom Tray