Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
sly
Sly like a G6

Default Some Unwelcome Symptoms

The old girl let off a massive backfire tonight on the way home from the shops...

...yes I do mean the car... doing about 3000rpm, moderate acceleration, on LPG.

Anyway after I reflexively lifted off and switched back to petrol, it's dropped a cylinder or 2 and is making like a chaffcutter.

Too dark to see anything obviously amiss, the plug boots are all firmly on the sparkplugs, but there seems to be some side-to-side movement in plugs 3 & 4.

Had to ease home at around 1600rpm, over that it started making metallic noises.

More when I get a chance to look in daylight.

Inclined to think the backfire was a symptom rather than the cause of the missing, just seems odd that such a serious miss could suddenly start rather than gradually develop.

The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post