Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
Vic56
Starter Motor

Default Fiesta speedomoter and stalling

Hi there,
I have a 2007 WQ LX 5 door hatch that has the speedometer suddenly drop to zero. Sometimes, but not always, after this happens a few kilometers later the car just stops. As soon as I restart it all goes back to normal and it can go a week without doing it again or it might do later the same day. I had a Auto Lan Diagnostics done which only said a problem with the dash control panel but nothing specific. Anyone else had this problem or have any idea what may be causing the problem? TIA😊
Vic56 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #2
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fiesta speedomoter and stalling

How old is the battery? They do weird things on batteries that are on their way out.
Old 16-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #3
Vic56
Starter Motor

Not sure how old the battery is. Have only had the car for a month. Will look into it with previous owner or maybe buy a new one and see what happens. Thanks for your advice 👍
Vic56 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2019, 09:11 PM   #4
zabatron

Your problem is being caused by a faulty speed sensor which is located on top of the gearbox.This part is available new on ebay 'usually for under $30,and is very easy to replace.Just make sure you get the correct one for your gearbox.Scroll down to earlier posts in this forum as there is a post on your exact problem and how to fix it on page 2.

Last edited by zabatron; 22-12-2019 at 09:18 PM.
zabatron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: