Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
elle
Starter Motor

Default Just thought i'd introduce myself...

Hi all,
New to the forums but i have had my Fiesta Zetec since Nov 04. What can i say - awesome little car but i spose i am preaching to the converted!

Seems to be a small community atm but I am seeing a few more Fiestas on the road up here in brissie (not too many Zetecs tho). Hoping to see the numbers grow a little!

Cheers,

Elle

elle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2005, 01:04 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

Hey elle, welcome to the forums.

My Car is a Fiesta Zetec as well. I like it, however I'm starting to want more power from it LOL.

I used to have a much quicker car however I drive about 250 kays every day and fuel was killing me and my old car was getting too old. As a result I bought the Fiesta just as something that I knew that I wouldn't like as much as the old car. Just as a Commuter and nothing else.

However Like you have also found, in the fist day of driving the Fiesta I came to love it, its handling and zippyness surprised me, it also looks pretty kewl. So much so I reckon now its the best car (of the three) I've had!!! A very suprising little automobile!!

Once again, Welcome!

-Danny
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #3
v1p3r
V8 powered

Hi Elle good to see another Fiesta owner on the forums.

I found the forums last year looking around for information on my EL Fairmont Ghia. Recently I have bought a second car, an ex demo Fiesta Ghia and find it was a prudent purchase with the price of fuel! I now find the EL sitting in the garage and the Fiesta on the road more than I ever expected

I'm proabably one of the slackest people here in terms of posting but thanks to the likes of Danny have found plenty of usefull info and tips by just loitering 3 or 4 times a week. Thanks Danny (and the other regulars)!!!

Like you I don't see many around in WA but expect (hope) that to change esp with the price of fuel

Daz
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #4
RedStar71

Hi Elle
Glad to see another Fiesta owner here in Brissy! There are a lot more Fiesta's on the road than you might think in Brissy. I drive in peak hour traffic into the city and you see at least about three or four a morning in traffic.
My Fiesta was an LX but I have upgraded it to a Zetec standard (just without the ABS), I am currently upgrading it to be an ST replica with genuine parts from the UK. If you see it on the roads here in Brissy you will notice it as it will look very different with the racing stripes and different body parts.
Enjoy your Fiesta and let us know how you go with it.

Jason
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2005, 05:37 PM   #5
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice the fiesta community is growing (:
i love the fez ^_____^ it feels wow!
hope you enjoy the fez as much as we all do (:
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2005, 08:26 PM   #6
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Heya, welcome elle, What colour is your zetec? might see you around.
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 04:01 PM   #7
0xyg3n

Hey Elle, Welcome to the forums.

Got any mods planned?
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 05:29 PM   #8
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Welcome Elle..nice to have you here.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:09 PM   #9
elle
Starter Motor

Hi all,
Wow thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

In reply to your q's my Fiesta is a panther black Zetec with only a few options so far (none that would really make it stand out & no engine mods but a sound system is being planned): rear spoiler, tinting, scuff plates, alarm, wheel lock nuts & floor mats. Having read what has been said about the leather gear knobs they sound great and I might go pick one up shortly and I am looking at some new wheels.

A dead giveaway to spot me are my number plates (they are V8 supercar themed) and probably my driving style - I was seriously considering an XR6 Turbo recently but with fuel the way it is my consumption will easily triple and send me broke hehe.
elle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 10:36 PM   #10
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Fez is a good choice. Nicely balanced car, if it only had more go in a straight line. Come on FPV, make it a hot hatch!
Old 05-09-2005, 06:57 PM   #11
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
In reply to your q's my Fiesta is a panther black Zetec with only a few options so far
so you're the one who nabbed the black one...

i was looking for a black one initially, and was told one went to qld not too long before i wanted it...
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:10 PM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
so you're the one who nabbed the black one...

i was looking for a black one initially, and was told one went to qld not too long before i wanted it...
Didnt they have anymore? Gez... seems Ford might have a supply problem with the Fiesta and Focus....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #13
0xyg3n

They had a supply problem when I went to order my car. Took my dealer about a week to even find a car with the colour I wanted. Then I had to wait from april till june.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 11:13 PM   #14
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher
Nicely balanced car, if it only had more go in a straight line
God, I agree with that Fivefold. It sh|ts me to tears in a straight line. Corners are where the fun is.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 07:15 AM   #15
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Welcome to the forums, have much fun!

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 01:18 PM   #16
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
have much fun!
LOL, must have been an early start for Tim....

We might own a Fiesta as opposed to a Focus, but we know how to speak english... haha

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post