Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-07-2006, 03:09 PM   #1
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Bodywork and paint matchups

My EB is in immaculate condition for its age. Although there are a coulpe of stone chips around the front and the rear left panel has been pushed in a bit and the right wheel gaurd has been so low at one stage that it has rub the outside of the lip guard. I have got a couple of pics to show you's how bad the damage (not to bad), but i just wanted to know how much it is going to cost me to fix it and who will do a good job on matching the paint up.

Also how much would it set me back to paint the car in the same colour including the bumper triming around the car and doorhandles?. i dont want to strip the car i just want to paint the outside of it, in a mirror finish?

the paint is a peacock green.

this is the bigest chip, its at the left hand rear of the car.

Hear is the front wheel arch (right side), its a pretty nasty graze. the front right side also has stone chips. Theres no stone chip on the other side though :hihi:

This is probably the most noticable dent. Its as if its been pushed in by something but it hasnt broken the paint. Depending at what angle you look at it, it can show up real bad, but at anoher you cant even notice it.

Same dent, just closer up

as you can see you cant see the dent at all in the rear panel

So basically thats it. Whats an estimated value on to fix all these?

regards

SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 06:59 PM   #2
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The dints cant be fixed by a paintless dent repair mob. After that's done all you need is touch ups. Which really shouldn't cost much at all. Rough pricing on things like this is impossible unless your in the business.

See this thread for details -> http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ewpost&t=49403

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 11:08 PM   #3
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

i got my door handles quoted to get painted at two places (just smash repair places).

one place quoted me $40 per handle

second place quoted me $30 per handle

not sure bout the rest. im in the same boat with getting the door handled and the body trim painted!!
Old 28-08-2006, 12:16 AM   #4
89 S-PACK

svt8

there is a place i can reccomend u stay away from... it is costa panel perfection in bacchus marsh.
they did a **** job on mine and the paint started to peel off the grill after a week i had it fixed at their expense tho... but i havent been game to get the rest sorted by someone else yet... havent had the money to do it yet. they said they matched it. i washed the car and the front is paler than the rear so i wasnt happy but what could i do i allready had taken delivery of the car and paid for the work supposedly done and to top it off they lost all the bolts for the headlights and the radiator and the coolant bottle... they had the radiator held by a few pull ties!

02 (VX) Holden Commodore Equipe series 2 S/wagon.
Manual, Lsd, Catback, Svsi lpg.
still a nice reliable upgrade from the old magna..
89 S-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
crossingover

ive just had my ts50 sprayed in campbellfield theres a place called fibretech there number is 9357 9530 there prices are cheap and work is absoloutely A1 ive known the owner for 17 years he has great reputation go see mim or chris theyll help u out tell them the guy with black Au my name is gurks ok hope this helps out
crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 10:37 PM   #6
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i go to DB panels in Footscray

hes a bit pricey but a hell of a job, he matches the colours perfectly , u could not tell one panel was resprayed, not like the other mob that did a panel before i owned it
Sprint_ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #7
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Hard luck on those dints mate thats no good!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post