Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-03-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Default myFord extended new car warranty

myFord extended new car warranty is being discounted $200 atm.
So if your gonna get it, now is the time....

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2015, 10:43 PM   #2
FightingFG

Default Re: myFord extended new car warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler View Post
myFord extended new car warranty is being discounted $200 atm.
So if your gonna get it, now is the time....
links or further info??
FightingFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2015, 09:07 PM   #3
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Here ya go>>>> http://www.ford.com.au/ownership/myf...ers/warranties

This user likes this post:
Old 23-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #4
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just dragging this thread back up....

I've signed up for a new vehicle and an extended warranty was mentioned. The salesman was a bit vague when I asked about coverage "it covers everything but stuff like door handles"... Anyway, I got a brochure on it - "Assured Extended Warranty Insurance" from Alliance. Reading through it, it's not worth the money IMHO as it doesn't cover a lot of things - like sunroof mechanisms etc.

There's nothing about the "myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty" whatsoever. Reading the policy it is the one I'd be interested in. The "Time Only Extension" plan would probably be the best option for me as I don't cover huge distances.

It was mentioned about the policy being cheaper if bought before delivery- is this true for the myFord extended new vehicle warranty?

PS: Does anyone know roughly the cost of the "Time Only Extension" policy for a Kuga?? Or have comments on the worth of it/ experiences in claiming?
murcod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #5
DK30RB

I was offered the Ford Factory warranty extension which is another 3 years up to 200,00km for $2200 on my FG MKii.

Figured why bother paying $2200 for the service adviser to tell me "They all do that" each time i bring it in for a warranty claim.

Personally - stay away from it and take the chance...
DK30RB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2016, 06:16 PM   #6
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does it also have a claim limit for different parts?
I have been stung with one of these extended warranty scams before and I won't be buying one ever again.
If you do consider one, read the fine print closely. They have their own conditions you have to abide by, which usually differ from the regular manufactures warranty.

Honestly if you are buying a new car you are better off putting the $2200 in a savings account and chipping in $10 a week After your manufactures warranty has expired you will have a little bit of coin incase anything goes wrong.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2016, 08:12 PM   #7
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod View Post

I've signed up for a new vehicle and an extended warranty was mentioned. The salesman was a bit vague when I asked about coverage "it covers everything but stuff like door handles"... Anyway, I got a brochure on it - "Assured Extended Warranty Insurance" from Alliance. Reading through it, it's not worth the money IMHO as it doesn't cover a lot of things - like sunroof mechanisms etc.

There's nothing about the "myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty" whatsoever. Reading the policy it is the one I'd be interested in. The "Time Only Extension" plan would probably be the best option for me as I don't cover huge distances.

It was mentioned about the policy being cheaper if bought before delivery- is this true for the myFord extended new vehicle warranty?

PS: Does anyone know roughly the cost of the "Time Only Extension" policy for a Kuga?? Or have comments on the worth of it/ experiences in claiming?
Was it Alliance or Allianz big difference
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2016, 08:16 PM   #8
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:

Tha factory warranty is ok its an extension of the new car product, underwritten by the Ford Motor Company Australia. There is also a Manufactures extended warranty thats underwritten by an insurance company, most likley Allianz, its ok too most others are garbage. Pay a bit extra and get a good one
Old 23-03-2016, 08:19 PM   #9
Mowdit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
I have been stung with one of these extended warranty scams before and I won't be buying one ever again.
If you do consider one, read the fine print closely. They have their own conditions you have to abide by, which usually differ from the regular manufactures warranty.
Agree

Like requiring servicing every 10,000 klm

When the log book says every 15,000 klm
Old 23-03-2016, 08:19 PM   #10
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:

Honestly if you are buying a new car you are better off putting the $2200 in a savings account and chipping in $10 a week After your manufactures warranty has expired you will have a little bit of coin incase anything goes wrong.
There is not a claim limit on the factory or the manufactures but therw is on products like AWN and dealers own warranty
Old 23-03-2016, 09:12 PM   #11
polkgs
Vixen GS

It's really a question only you can answer as it depends on where you are comfortable with risk. Everyone sees that differently. Personally I took out the full factory extended warranty as you know more where you stand with that in my opinion. Less smoke and mirrors and caveats than the others. I have had a couple of claims so far that have saved me a reasonable sum. Have I recouped the cost of the warranty,well no, but I still have fifteen months to run on it as well.
polkgs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2016, 09:24 PM   #12
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkgs View Post
It's really a question only you can answer as it depends on where you are comfortable with risk. Everyone sees that differently. Personally I took out the full factory extended warranty as you know more where you stand with that in my opinion. Less smoke and mirrors and caveats than the others. I have had a couple of claims so far that have saved me a reasonable sum. Have I recouped the cost of the warranty,well no, but I still have fifteen months to run on it as well.
100% right its up to the buyer. Mine saved me $14000.00 14 months ago on a milkshaked ZF, didn't pay 1 cent to have a new obe put in. But thats me
3 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2016, 09:43 PM   #13
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK30RB View Post
I was offered the Ford Factory warranty extension which is another 3 years up to 200,00km for $2200 on my FG MKii.

Figured why bother paying $2200 for the service adviser to tell me "They all do that" each time i bring it in for a warranty claim.

Yep they all do that or its your fault or fault of the environment, or any other rubbish they can come up with.
Old 23-03-2016, 11:21 PM   #14
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Shadow View Post
100% right its up to the buyer. Mine saved me $14000.00 14 months ago on a milkshaked ZF, didn't pay 1 cent to have a new obe put in. But thats me
Wow. they were $8000 a couple of years ago at a dealer and though that was out of warranty job. You must have got the " extra special feel good" version.

Or possibly a " anyone here know what this connects to " version that took the idiots a week to work out how to fit it !

Seriously 14g for a box, somewhere someone is getting ripped off or your been fed b/s.
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2016, 11:24 PM   #15
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
Wow. they were $8000 a couple of years ago at a dealer and though that was out of warranty job. You must have got the " extra special feel good" version.

Or possibly a " anyone here know what this connects to " version that took the idiots a week to work out how to fit it !

Seriously 14g for a box, somewhere someone is getting ripped off or your been fed b/s.
Thats prob retail but i dont care it was done. Net cost to me is zero
2 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2016, 11:31 PM   #16
Trump
bitch lasagne

For reference purposes, there are four different warranties on offer:

http://www.ford.com.au/owners/warranties

The "myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty" is the only one that extends the factory warranty by 3 years/100,000km.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2016, 11:33 PM   #17
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:

You won't be saying that when you have to fork out 8k for a trans failure like I just did.. I'd get it if your car is stock, well worth it
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2016, 12:00 AM   #18
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so its discounted $200 atm

from what to what ??

its all good to say your saving so much but at the same time its been marked up the added a saving to it so no one really know where they are any way at an expected cost for the extra warranty

and is it a fixed cost eg it be the same no matter where you buy it or can any dealership charge what they want for it ?

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2016, 12:03 AM   #19
Trump
bitch lasagne

When I had the FG, the dealer offered the extended warranty for $1100 (sometime in 2013). If they are offering it for $1500 or less, its a good buy.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2016, 12:44 AM   #20
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Shadow View Post
Was it Alliance or Allianz big difference
Yes, sorry it is Allianz - not Alliance. I don't know how I got that wrong. I can't find the policy wording anywhere online.

Here's some parts from it (excuse typos):
Quote:
What is not covered:
12. Any claim relating to excessive use and/or burning of oil where no mechanical failure has occurred and the condition relates to normal wear
14. Wheels, tyres, paintwork, panel and body work and their components, including but not limited to: handles and hinges, sunroof panels and their cassettes and mechanisms, antenna, lamps and lamp units, weather strips and seals, components made of glass and / or trim of decorative components.
15. Interior trim components including , but not limited to; seats and seat mechanisms, seat belts, carpets, cup holders and ash trays, components made of glass and/ or decorative.
16. Exhaust system components including mufflers, pipes, catalytic converters and particulate filters.
20. Any mechanical failure or costs caused by oil degradation , sludge or carbon.
21. Failure caused by corrosion, electrolysis or rust.
22. Any tappings, threads and or fixing and fastening devices.
So in my case with items like electric seats, a sunroof etc. They're not covered for failure.

Edit : I forgot to add:
Quote:
How much will we pay
If we agree to your claim, under Section 1 "Repairing or replacing components of your vehicle", the most we will pay in relation to any one claim is the market value of the vehicle at the time of the claim, as determined by us.
The most we will pay for the total of all claims made during the period of insurance is limited to the purchase price of the vehicle as declared on the policy schedule.

Last edited by murcod; 24-03-2016 at 12:52 AM.
Old 24-03-2016, 12:57 AM   #21
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:
Yes, sorry it is Allianz - not Alliance. I don't know how I got that wrong. I can't find the policy wording anywhere online.

So in my case with items like electric seats, a sunroof etc. They're not covered for failure.
Its an insurance warranty, they arnt bad provided it is a manufacturers new car warranty, underwritten by Allianz. So being an insurance product you should get a PDS. They are also bound by the insurance code of conduct. No you wont be covered for those things I dont think any extended warranty will, but i heven't read myford wsrranty in a while. If yiu are buying a new car go with the factory extended if you want to extend warranty. Cost more but if you need it in 3.5 years. All up to you
Old 24-03-2016, 12:57 AM   #22
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yes, I've been stung before too. Badly.

It was a Ford dealer in Adelaide and I paid for a third party warranty back around 1990 on a brand new Laser TX3 4WD turbo. So back when the factory warranty was only 12mths IIRC. I had a solenoid that controlled the boost level reaching the turbo wastegate fail. I then discovered that not only had the policy not actually been lodged/ paid to the company, but the component wouldn't have been covered anyway! So the dealer pocketed my policy fee and never lodged the original policy with the company.
Old 24-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #23
DK30RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto View Post
You won't be saying that when you have to fork out 8k for a trans failure like I just did.. I'd get it if your car is stock, well worth it

Getting a bypass cooler for a fraction of the cost. Should eliminate the Milkshake issue.
DK30RB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2016, 11:23 AM   #24
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowdit View Post
Agree

Like requiring servicing every 10,000 klm

When the log book says every 15,000 klm
And twice a year...

Or if I recall every 7500km / 3 months for diesel engines...

Yeah, right......

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2016, 12:14 PM   #25
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
For reference purposes, there are four different warranties on offer:

http://www.ford.com.au/owners/warranties

The "myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty" is the only one that extends the factory warranty by 3 years/100,000km.
I recently made an inquiry to my local Ford dealer about the "myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty" time extension only on my 2014 F6 with 17500ks and was refused, they would only offer to 3 years/100,000km extension for $4680

I told them to jamb it!

I already have a 3 year extended warranty with another provider but wanted the Ford one because you have to jump through less hoops for a claim as opposed to the other ones but at the price quoted above i'll stick with the one I've got.
Old 24-03-2016, 12:19 PM   #26
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Edit : I forgot to add:
I forgot to add, that particular policy only stipulates servicing in accordance with manufacturer's specs. So it doesn't "shaft you" in that particular area.

Regarding the myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty this is their short blurb from http://www.ford.com.au/owners/warranties :
Quote:
The myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty is a full extension of the original Ford Express New Vehicle Warranty, with plan options available to extend the original three years/100,000 km up to a further three years/100,000 km. This means your Ford can have new vehicle warranty protection for up to six years from first registration or up to 200,000km (since new), whichever occurs first.

The myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty is available at the time of your Ford purchase from a participating myFord Authorised Dealer. Existing owners with vehicles that are under three years of age from the date of first registration and have travelled less than 100,000kms at the time of application are also eligible to apply.

Please click here to download the myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty Product Disclosure Statement and Warranty Booklet for full details on coverage and exclusions.
Old 24-03-2016, 06:46 PM   #27
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A work colleague a few years ago bought a used car (EF FALC)from a large Adelaide yard that advertises free 3 yr warranty provided by themselves. The transmission died, then their troubles began. The "policy" only covered a new trans for upto $2000 inc parts and labour. The same trans installed somewhere else was $2500. The figure quoted by them to replace the trans was $4500!!!!
As for Ford, unless the warranty is the MyFord extended warranty, I would put very little value on it.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 24-03-2016, 11:09 PM   #28
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Getting a bypass cooler for a fraction of the cost. Should eliminate the Milkshake issue.
True but mine wasn't a milkshake..they do break sometimes
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2016, 02:47 PM   #29
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Any FPV was more expensive than a run of the mill Falcon. I got my GTP on discount for $2200.. extra 3 years 200.000Ks

2 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #30
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

I could only eat two minute noodles when I was trying to flog extended warranties on Toyota Camrys....
vbvbvb088 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post