Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-08-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
simone
Starter Motor

Default ford focus cabriolet

howdi ford folks.
in november 08 I purchased a ford focus cabriolet and have had no end of problems with the car. Oh yes and then there is the "customer service" I have spoken many times with Ford Australia to no avail.
Pre-service delivery remote keys inop
Rust on steering column shaft/knucke
Rust under both seats and under dash left side of console
Gear leaver jammed
Instrument cluster lense fractured (replaced)
Rubber seal around front windshield loose,replacement of entire windshield
Replacement of hydraulic pump and line (re closing of hood)
YES YES bring on Federal Laws regarding lemons!
Ford Australia will not replace my vehicle with a new one as policy, it has cost me substantial hours business wise. I am jack of it
Has anyone got any ideas?

simone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

All I can suggest, if you haven't done so already is try another service dept. Or take it to a reputable independant mechanic and foot the bill yourself. At least get a quote before you write that option off too.
It may be out of your own pocket but it will save you the run around from ford.

What state are you in? Someone might be able to suggest a better ford service dept.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Even under "lemon" laws, your car would not be regarded as a lemon, as the faults you list appear to be either minor, cosmetic, or have been addressed by Ford already.

I'd suggest that you take your car to your state Car Service organisation (eg NRMA, RACV, RACQ etc etc) and pay for a complete inspection, with report, identifying those items that should be addressed under warranty, and then present that to a Ford Dealership.

On the faults you have described, no car company in the world, under any lemon law, would replace this car. So pursuing complete replacement is only going to lead to exasperation and tears on your part.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
I'd suggest that you take your car to your state Car Service organisation (eg NRMA, RACV, RACQ etc etc) and pay for a complete inspection, with report, identifying those items that should be addressed under warranty, and then present that to a Ford Dealership.
I'd second that, book it in and get everything fixed all at once and ask for a loan car whilst they have your car in for service.

If your not rude they generally won't be. If someone went in to your office yelling and screaming how much would you want to help them?
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2009, 03:48 AM   #5
simone
Starter Motor

howdi again Ford folks,
Wow! i did not think that I would receive such a response so quickly, thankyou all!
to Tj-zetec I have taken the car to other non affiliated dealerships / service depts. Melbzetec from the very start I have taken the car to the state car organisation for independant assesments, and presented the reports etc. The faults my car has had number 1 have not been cosmetic! they are safety and therefore insurance issues. The car has ongoing problems it is not like all of this has happened at once. Buzz Box, "If someone walked into my office etc" I find this statement offensive. I joined this forum for information not to be given a lesson on behaviour. Nevertheless Thanks to all.
Old 18-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by simone
howdi again Ford folks,
Wow! i did not think that I would receive such a response so quickly, thankyou all!
to Tj-zetec I have taken the car to other non affiliated dealerships / service depts. Melbzetec from the very start I have taken the car to the state car organisation for independant assesments, and presented the reports etc. The faults my car has had number 1 have not been cosmetic! they are safety and therefore insurance issues. The car has ongoing problems it is not like all of this has happened at once. Buzz Box, "If someone walked into my office etc" I find this statement offensive. I joined this forum for information not to be given a lesson on behaviour. Nevertheless Thanks to all.
A very rude and ungrateful response in my opinion.

This is not some paid for service, but rather people trying to give you some assistance and advice based on the scant information you provided. And doing so when you have made no previous contribution to the forum

I find your response offensive Simone.

I'd suggest you go and sort it out yourself.

(Mods have quite rightly deleted my original response....sorry Fordel)
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 18-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #7
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

All I am saying is be nice when your dealing with the people. Yelling and screaming at the person is not going to get your problem fixed any quicker.

We are all just trying to help you get the most effective outcome. If you don't want to take our advice thats up to you.
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2009, 03:25 AM   #8
simone
Starter Motor

melbzetec, I have owned Ford's for years. From an XP Falcon (fish shop ford) to Falcon Ghia, to XR8 and 3 XR6's and the G6. I am all for FORD! Have never had any problems, bar the XP given its age and now the
focus Cab. I acknowledge your second message "07.14AM was deleted by fordel.
Quote "you go and sort it out yourself" is not helpful.

Old 19-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #9
melbzetec

I suggest mods shut this thread down before there's tears

Old 19-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #10
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

I think I can see why they're not getting any help from ford. In my experiance working in customer service I found that patient and attentive people usually got what they wanted quicker and without fuss. Infact, if you're appreciatve enough, most customer service people will gladly go out of their way for you.

People that walk in, flap their arms about while barking demands for help only to question and dis-credit the help they do receive usualy get given a quick fix or get ignored.

I've noticed the same goes in Internet forums.
Except we're not obliged to help.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
melbzetec

Far more eloquently put than me TJ!

Let's move on

Old 20-08-2009, 02:21 AM   #12
simone
Starter Motor

I do not understand why you should feel the need to ask mods to "shut this thread down" My first request since being accepted by the forum was asking for ideas. I have responded accordingly. As stated your first attempt at defaming was blocked. (18/8/09) Again I ask,if there is anyone out there who has info regarding a ford focus cab 08 I would appreciate feedback. cheers
Old 20-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #13
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Simone, welcome to the forums. Good bunch around here, with lots of good info' as you've no doubt discovered digging about.

As Ford are pushing quite hard with the Focus on TV, why not give ACA or Today Tonight a call. Its a typical lemon story, but your Ford heritage gives it a bit of a twist.
The way it works BTW is that if this gets a vote to be included, your assigned reporter will ring various people within Ford and the industry, and let them know what the apporach of ACA will be.

It can go either way. Ford my jump and totally fix your car, and it becomes a good news story, or they may say go ahead and do the negative version, we're not interested in responding.

Worth a call, as you sound like you've really had enough of the run around. I dont blame you either. I had the same thing with Jeeps. Four great cars, then a lemon. And no-one gave a toss at Jeep. I no longer buy Jeeps.
Old 20-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #14
simone
Starter Motor

Hey leaky, thankyou for your positive response. I sincerely hope that your focus has been trouble free I dont know if I would buy another focus cabriolet but at the same time I am a FORD gal!!! Yes I have considered ACA or Today Tonight. But, really it would be my last resort. Purchasing my new car @ $45,000 and then have the problems I have experienced has left me feeling duped. The problems have all been fixed but the run around , hand balling, amount of time,for example, it took ford road service 3 hours to get the hood back on my car. This was after Ford stating to me they had no Ford road service. I am still waiting a response from the dealership (you obviously know about that, dont give a toss!) Thanks again